Capitalism without debt is like...

Capitalism without debt is like...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
And what was your answer to what Jesus Christ died for?

I’ll be happy to lead you step by step through this.

Let’s start here: What did Jesus Christ die for?
I rest my case. You are saying that because Christ died Christians can sin, not face judgement for it and still get eternal life.

Oh ... thanks for the offer but I dont let false teachers lead me through anything.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
I rest my case. You are saying that because Christ died Christians can sin, not face judgement for it and still get eternal life.

Oh ... thanks for the offer but I dont let false teachers lead me through anything.
You really don’t get it, do you?

Jesus Christ’s death on the cross and shed blood was for the remission of sins. He said so Himself.

People are forgiven of their sins when they accept and believe in Jesus Christ and believe in His Resurrection.

Those people then receive God’s Holy Spirit indwelling them and making them a new creation in Christ. The Holy Spirit then changes the new believer from the inside out - changing his heart so he no longer has the same desires and mindset he had before he became a believer.

Your assumption that such a person - who has received God’s Holy Spirit and who is a new creation in Christ - will live a lifestyle of sin demonstrates you have no idea what the New Covenant is all about and you have no idea of the power of God’s Holy Spirit.

You devalue the cross of Christ to the point of irrelevancy and are still living under the Old Covenant and in the Old Testament - only without a sacrificial system to atone for sins.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Jan 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
You really don’t get it, do you?

Jesus Christ’s death on the cross and shed blood was for the remission of sins. He said so Himself.

People are forgiven of their sins when they accept and believe in Jesus Christ and believe in His Resurrection.

Those people then receive God’s Holy Spirit indwelling them and making them a new creation in Christ. The Holy Spirit then ch ...[text shortened]... der the Old Covenant and in the Old Testament - only without a sacrificial system to atone for sins.
Who asked you all that. You are saying that because Christ died Christians can sin, not face judgement for it and still get eternal life.

That's the bottom line... nobody asked for an explanation. I got it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Jan 22

@fmf said
OK, let's not worry about your understanding of the role of debt in capitalism. Can Christianity work without there being, according to its teaching, "Hell"?
Well, as I said, Christianity is in Jesus Christ. This is a temporary world; in a temporary universe with an end date, then eternity will exist, hell will be where the hell will be, the term eternal fire tells me it will be there forever.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
Who asked you all that. You are saying that because Christ died Christians can sin, not face judgement for it and still get eternal life.

What did Jesus Christ say were the two greatest commandments?

To love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, soul, mind and strength and to love thy neighbor as thyself.

Do you seriously think anyone can keep those commandments for even an hour?

Under your false doctrine, Jesus Christ’s death on the cross means nothing and everyone is going to hell for repeatedly breaking those two commandments.

F

Moves
20 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Well, as I said, Christianity is in Jesus Christ. This is a temporary world; in a temporary universe with an end date, then eternity will exist, hell will be where the hell will be, the term eternal fire tells me it will be there forever.
Yes, yes, but can Christianity work without the "eternal fire" concept?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
What did Jesus Christ say were the two greatest commandments?

To love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, soul, mind and strength and to love thy neighbor as thyself.

Do you seriously think anyone can keep those commandments for even an hour?

Under your false doctrine, Jesus Christ’s death on the cross means nothing and everyone is going to hell for repeatedly breaking those two commandments.
Thanks... I understand you perfectly.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Jan 22

@rajk999 said

Outside of Jesus, anyone, can you point to anyone who has stopped sinning? In this life, do you know of anyone who does not sin, has there been anyone who stopped sinning once they did whatever you think is required? If so, when they stopped sinning, and if they did it again, even once, does that mean they are done, no hope for them? How do you think this works? What is your opinion, or do you have scripture to point to?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
Thanks... I understand you perfectly.
Actually, you don’t.

But read Galatians chapter 3 a few dozen times and maybe you will.

F

Moves
20 Jan 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Outside of Jesus, anyone, can you point to anyone who has stopped sinning? In this life, do you know of anyone who does not sin, has there been anyone who stopped sinning once they did whatever you think is required? If so, when they stopped sinning, and if they did it again, even once, does that mean they are done, no hope for them? How do you think this works? What is your opinion, or do you have scripture to point to?
Aren't your efforts - how sincere they are, how sustained they are etc. - to not "sin", and to obey Jesus' commandments, subject to divine judgement?

Do you not believe that God can see and know and evaluate you as a "sinner" and do what he wants with you?

I mean this from the point of view of moral coherence, so just copy-pasting Bible verses is not going to cut it.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
What a bunch of irrelevant stupid questions.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
20 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
What a bunch of irrelevant stupid questions.
Typical.

It’s a waste of time trying to talking with you.

But I’ll fight your Christ-denying, Satanic doctrine post for post. I’ll just no longer assume you’re misguided - you know exactly what you’re doing.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Typical.

It’s a waste of time trying to talking with you.

But I’ll fight your Christ-denying, Satanic doctrine post for post. I’ll just no longer assume you’re misguided - you know exactly what you’re doing.
Correct ... it's a waste of time telling me that I can sin all I like because Christ died for me, and not face judgement for it and still get eternal life.

You will be fighting yourself.... I'm done.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Jan 22

@fmf said
Aren't your efforts - how sincere they are, how sustained they are etc. - to not "sin", and to obey Jesus' commandments, subject to divine judgement?

Do you not believe that God can see and know and evaluate you as a "sinner" and do what he wants with you?

I mean this from the point of view of moral coherence, so just copy-pasting Bible verses is not going to cut it.
I was talking to someone specifically, at least follow the whole conversation.

F

Moves
20 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
I was talking to someone specifically, at least follow the whole conversation.
Yes, be that as it may. But my question to you is valid anyway.