1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 07:32
    @fmf said
    I think Christianity [as in, the belief in, and obedience to, Jesus Christ, as opposed to the collective term for Christians around the world and down through history] works fine without "Hell" [where it means eternal torture] and where annihilation, instead, is believed to be the fate of the "damned".
    I happen to agree, but then again, I also think Capitalism can exist well without debt, as well. My question would be, can Capitalism exist without greed?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 11:031 edit
    @suzianne said
    I happen to agree, but then again, I also think Capitalism can exist well without debt, as well. My question would be, can Capitalism exist without greed?
    Greed is a heart condition, one of the more difficult ones to see in our own hearts. It isn't like adultery, oops, that wasn't my wife, like all methods of systems we live by, we are the ones living by them. If we could do any of them without sinning against each other, that would be wonderful, but no matter what religious or secular life, it is still filled with people who will do what people do.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 11:15
    @fmf said
    Yep, Christianity would still work without trees or boats. The point being: KellyJay's attempt to analogize the moral coherence of annihilation verses eternal torture with an inanimate object like a boat and a plant like a tree is fatuous.
    When we see everything without filters of our secrets, all who do evil will be cast into the lake of fire, and it will be just. What is coming next is eternal; those that would pollute that Kingdom with evil will be kept out, period, those who refuse to love the creator, and those in His creation will have no part of what is to come. Since we all have sinned against God by sinning against Him directly or against each other, we are told if we want God's forgiveness for ourselves, we must also forgive those that wronged us. Only the one wronged can forgive; only the one wronged can give grace; if we refuse, if you want to hang on to be the wronged one, all of your wrongs will be held against you. It is better to forgive, stop being the victim, and instead be the giver of grace, which God is attempting to do for us if we want to receive His forgiveness. Vengeance is His, not ours, so when the time comes, He will repay, while now He is calling all of us to forgiveness and grace to avoid that wrath which will have no mercy mixed into it.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 12:31
    @suzianne said
    Capitalism cannot exist without morality.

It was doing fine until America increasingly turned its back on God and became increasingly immoral.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 15:17
    @pb1022 said

It was doing fine until America increasingly turned its back on God and became increasingly immoral.
    From what I see here in America, Capitalism (as a system) does just fine without morality. In fact, greed seems to kick it into overdrive.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 15:21
    @pb1022 said
    Oh dear. So naive.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 15:26
    @pb1022 said
    Ha ha, yeah right. Slavery, sweatshops, child labour, robber barons, industrial diseases and accidents, infrahuman wages, the violence of poverty, apocalyptic pollution. Yeah right. "It was doing fine". Ha ha.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 19:13
    @fmf said
    Oh dear. So naive.
    Not at all. It’s true.

Check the comparison of pay rates between CEOs and average workers now vs. 50 to 60 years ago,
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 19:15
    @fmf said
    Ha ha, yeah right. Slavery, sweatshops, child labour, robber barons, industrial diseases and accidents, infrahuman wages, the violence of poverty, apocalyptic pollution. Yeah right. "It was doing fine". Ha ha.
    And morality - men acting in concert with God’s will - fixed those problems.

Who’s going to fix the problem of unrestrained and out-of-control greed in capitalism today?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 06:40
    @pb1022 said
    Do you take responsibility for trolling someone over their invalid mother?

Want me to post the thread?
    Yes, by all means. Go for it. If you think you have found a thread where you say I was "trolling" you over your "invalid mother", post a link to it if you want.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 07:19
    @fmf said
    Yes, by all means. Go for it. If you think you have found a thread where you say I was "trolling" you over your "invalid mother", post a link to it if you want.
    😴
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 07:21
    @pb1022 said
    At what period in American history was there a coincidence of American Christian morality and facing god, aligning with with capitalism and economic success?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 07:22
    @pb1022 said
    Not at all. It’s true.
    Check the comparison of pay rates between CEOs and average workers now vs. 50 to 60 years ago,
    Was 50-60 years ago the period in American history was there a coincidence of American Christian morality and facing god, aligning with with capitalism and economic success?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 07:25
    @divegeester said
    Was 50-60 years ago the period in American history was there a coincidence of American Christian morality and facing god, aligning with with capitalism and economic success?
    Do you want to rephrase your word salad into a coherent sentence?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jan '22 07:25
    @divegeester said
    At what period in American history was there a coincidence of American Christian morality and facing god, aligning with with capitalism and economic success?
    May 1970.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree