Brunei's new laws

Brunei's new laws

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
05 Apr 19

Come on Daniel show some balls for once.

Moves
05 Apr 19
1 edit

@divegeester said
Ah ah, not you don’t. This was my question

So Jesus was only talking specifically about execution by stoning and generally about any judgment of another person’s sin. Is that it?
And there’s the dishonesty. I’ll answer your questions once you have answered some of mine.

Moves
05 Apr 19

@divegeester said
Also, I presume it was a universal absolute of moral righteousness to stone homosexuals in the Old Testament but then Jesus comes along and BOOM...new absolute universal moral absolute, it’s not ok.
Bingo.

Moves
05 Apr 19

@divegeester said
Come on Daniel show some balls for once.
I prefer to dress modestly.

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
05 Apr 19

@dj2becker said
And there’s the dishonesty. I’ll answer your questions once you have answered some of mine.
No you’re just hiding because you know your absolute morality claims are absolutely not credible.

You are now trying to convince me that you have concluded that executing gays is morally wrong because of that scripture Jesus used.

Well confirm that you are therefore claiming that Jesus was taking exclusively about execution by stoning and not generally about judging?

Because it is key to the credibility of your claim.

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
05 Apr 19

@dj2becker said
Bingo.
Is that a yes Jesus altered the absolute morality of the OT?

Or just a dodge?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Apr 19
1 edit

@fmf said
Brunei is enacting strict new laws that make gay sex and adultery punishable by stoning to death.

Is this "evil" according to your moral outlook?
You mean by a forced administering of marijuana?
Seriously, there is a huge problem with death sentences for being gay. That is, they don't seem to realize it is not a choice. It is genetic and that means that whatever the percentage agreed upon by the science community as to what the percentage of gays there are, 3%, 5%, whatever, they will ALWAYS be in the population and therefore if carried out on every gay male and female in the population, the killing would never end.
The sad part is they are so addled in their religion they will never realize that fact.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Apr 19
1 edit

@sonhouse said
You mean by a forced administering of marijuana?
Seriously, there is a huge problem with death sentences for being gay. That is, they don't seem to realize it is not a choice. It is genetic and that means that whatever the percentage agreed upon by the science community as to what the percentage of gays there are, 3%, 5%, whatever, they will ALWAYS be in the population and ...[text shortened]... never end.
The sad part is they are so addled in their religion they will never realize that fact.
Genetic? You got some data for that, or you just assuming, and calling that a fact?

Moves
06 Apr 19
1 edit

@divegeester said
No you’re just hiding because you know your absolute morality claims are absolutely not credible.

You are now trying to convince me that you have concluded that executing gays is morally wrong because of that scripture Jesus used.

Well confirm that you are therefore claiming that Jesus was taking exclusively about execution by stoning and not generally about judging?

Because it is key to the credibility of your claim.
I believe the existence of God directly impacts the existence of good and evil. Without the existence of God, good and evil would be purely relative terms. Since you believe in God do you believe the existence of God and the existence of good and evil are mutually exclusive? If so who ultimately dictates good and evil ? Is it only society?

I doubt you will answer these questions honestly but it’s worth a shot.

Moves
06 Apr 19

@divegeester said
Is that a yes Jesus altered the absolute morality of the OT?

Or just a dodge?
I believe God ultimately dictates good and evil. Does your belief in God not influence in any way how you differentiate between right and wrong?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
06 Apr 19

@fmf said
Brunei is enacting strict new laws that make gay sex and adultery punishable by stoning to death.

Yes. Gay sex and adultery is "evil".

But that's not your question is it? It has been said that morality cannot be legislated. When it comes to sex people will do what they've always done. Passing laws forbidding certain sexual behaviors will only make people sneakier about doing it.

"Stoning to death" seems rather harsh considering the contemporary view of consensual sex between adults, no?

Humanity has been down that path. Today, to effect change within a culture, we educate and inform, although much of the information emanating from sources within the culture is indoctrination furthering a social agenda in keeping with the views of those without a moral code; especially if it is instituted by God.

F

Moves
06 Apr 19

@secondson said
Yes. Gay sex and adultery is "evil".

But that's not your question is it?
My question is: are the new laws "evil" according to your moral outlook?

F

Moves
06 Apr 19

@secondson said
But that's not your question is it? It has been said that morality cannot be legislated.
A wide range of immoral acts are illegal and incur punishments and this deters people from doing such things. Doesn't that rather undermine the idea that "morality cannot be legislated"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Apr 19
1 edit

@FMF

According to my biblical outlook - "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God."

"All" = Every one of us.
All save One - the Savior Christ Who died for all.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
06 Apr 19

@fmf said
My question is: are the new laws "evil" according to your moral outlook?
Two wrongs don't make a right.

Besides, who's going to cast the first stone?