Beware the writings of the Watchman

Beware the writings of the Watchman

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 May 19
1 edit

@divegeester

Says the man who’s pretty much entire posting strategy is to bring attention to himself.

I don't bring attention to myself. Rather you're obsessed with leveling attention grabbing accusations.

The sensationalism is generated by your accusations.
I never invited anything except further consideration of the words of the Bible.

Moves
02 May 19

@sonship said
@divegeester
I never invited anything except further consideration of the words of the Bible.
Virtually no one except for FMF, Rajk999 and myself even respond to your posts. None of the other Christians here are interested, problem because that are quietly aware that you post error but they are too timid to break ranks and say so.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
02 May 19

@divegeester said
Virtually no one except for FMF, Rajk999 and myself even respond to your posts. None of the other Christians here are interested, problem because that are quietly aware that you post error but they are too timid to break ranks and say so.
I think it's the whole 'mingling' thing that freaks most readers out.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 May 19

@divegeester

I don't know that all the details of your explanation are fact.

There are able students who could POINT OUT the error.
Some people have a wait, read more, and see attitude.

I don't know that your explanation is the only valid one.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 May 19
1 edit

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

"Mingled" is a biblical word used in the typology of the meal offering MINGLED with oil.

“When you bring a meal offering baked in an oven as an offering, it shall be unleavened cakes of fine flour mingled with oil, or unleavened wafers anointed with oil. And if your offering is a meal offering on the griddle, it shall be of fine flour mingled with oil, unleavened” (Lev. 2:4 and 5).

Many scholars have explained this as a symbol of the incarnation of God as man in Jesus Christ. For example John Nelson Darby's notes handled the word this way.

Life Study of Leviticus by Witness Lee brings this out. [my bolding]

In relation to the mingling in Leviticus 2, let us consider Psalm 92:10b. “I shall be anointed with fresh oil.” In Darby’s New Translation a note on the word anointed says “strictly, ‘mingled.’” Furthermore, Darby’s note on the word mingled in Leviticus 2:4 says: “‘Mixed,’ ‘mingled,’ is the sense of the word. In Ps. 92:10 it is not merely anointed as consecration, but his whole system is invigorated and strengthened by it: it formed his strength; hence it is ‘fresh oil’ there.” This mingling, therefore, causes one’s inward parts and elements to be vigorous and strong.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
02 May 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

"Mingled" is a biblical word used in the typology of the meal offering MINGLED with oil.

“When you bring a meal offering baked in an oven as an offering, it shall be unleavened cakes of fine flour mingled with oil, or unleavened wafers anointed wi ...[text shortened]... This mingling, therefore, causes one’s inward parts and elements to be vigorous and strong.
'Mingled' also appears in The Hobbit.

What's your point?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 May 19
4 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

What's your point?

What's your's ?

If a word in the Bible appears anywhere else, its significance in the Bible is null and void ?

Run with that then.

"Who" is in both the Bible and in Dr. Seuss's "Horton Hatches a Who" - Quick, knee-jerk - Disregard the Bible immediately!

"Who is the image of the invisible God, the Firstborn of all creation."(Col. 1:15)

Brilliant Internet age skepticism strikes again.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 May 19
3 edits

To mingle two or more things together means to join them in such a way that they remain distinguishable in the combination.

To receive the resurrected and available Christ is to become "one spirit" with the Lord.

He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit (1 Cor. 6:17)

The word "mingled" is a good word to describe this. The human spirit and the Holy Spirit Who is God, become JOINED as one spirit or mingled together.

Mingled - combined in such a way that the components of the combination remain distinguishable is also a good description of Christ promise that we would be in Him and He in us and He in the Father.

In that day [day of His resurrection] you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you." (John 14:20)

What is that if not a mingling ?

He is in the Father and the believers are in Him and He is in them.
A mingling of God and man.

F

Moves
02 May 19

@sonship said
He is in the Father and the believers are in Him and He is in them.
A mingling of God and man.
So you are going to be deified as a God Man after you die?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
03 May 19
1 edit

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

What's your point?

What's your's ?

If a word in the Bible appears anywhere else, its significance in the Bible is null and void ?

Run with that then.

"Who" is in both the Bible and in Dr. Seuss's "Horton Hatches a Who" - Quick, knee-jerk - Disregard the Bible immediate ...[text shortened]... the Firstborn of all creation."(Col. 1:15) [/b]

Brilliant Internet age skepticism strikes again.
The 'mingling' thing is just one example where Nee has wandered away from Christ.

-Baffling why you have chosen to follow him.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 May 19
4 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

The 'mingling' thing is just one example where Nee has wandered away from Christ.

So you being an Atheist are informing us where Watchman Nee has "wandered away from Christ ?"
Or did you mean to write Lee as I think the usage of "mingling" is more prominent with his books ?

Let's assume that it doesn't matter WHO you meant right now, either Watchman Nee or Witness Lee.

Explain how describing the joining of God and man as a mingling is wandering away from Christ please.

Can you do it without help from other cynical posters?
See if you can handle this alone.

E

Moves
04 May 19

There are many heretics out there. I am not sure why one guy gets singled out other than to start up a thread to abuse Sonship.

E

Moves
04 May 19

@divegeester said
You only do it because you derive pleasure in abusing people.

Moves
04 May 19

@eladar said
There are many heretics out there. I am not sure why one guy gets singled out other than to start up a thread to abuse Sonship.
Which posts do you think are abusive and have you alerted them?

Moves
04 May 19

@eladar said
You only do it because you derive pleasure in abusing people.
Have you alerted the posts of mine that you feel are abusive?