1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 11:061 edit
    I guess I will now get three pages of WL quotes to show me that he is actually quite a nice guy....

Once again, the quotes on hobbies, games, and recreation were from WN, not WL.

And whether they were "nice guys" or not is secondary to them being faithful ministers of God's new testament ministry, I think.
  2. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 11:10
    @sonship [i]said[/i

If the Lord's move to recover the church life and small group meetings and home meetings for building up the Body of Christ goes on, you'll just have to find someone else to blame now.
    Too many false and ridiculous statements here to try to respond to (me seeking "help" from fmf? I just quoted him to show how I agree with his assessment of you).

But this portion above from your post. is exactly true. The Lord is continuing to recover church life and small group meetings, like the one we host, and no thanks to you and the LCM's divisive and sectarian doctrines.

And we don't blame you - we pity you.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 11:335 edits
    @CalJust

Too many false and ridiculous statements here to try to respond to (me seeking "help" from fmf? I just quoted him to show how I agree with his assessment of you).

I understand.
    Did he ever tell you about the blood of Christ?
    Did he ever tell you about peace towards God?
    DId he ever tell you about the eternal love of God.
    Did he ever tell you about the meaning of the creation of man?
    Did he give any help about resurrection from the dead?

What would I gain by dropping my belief in Christ to follow some of FMF's atheist fog? More joy ?

I doubt it just a little bit.

But this portion above from your post. is exactly true. The Lord is continuing to recover church life and small group meetings, like the one we host, and no thanks to you and the LCM's divisive and sectarian doctrines.

You're welcome to your viewpoint.

I find unity, oneness, and receiving of Christians of all kinds much less divisive in the local churches. And I have spent time with Presbyterian, Quaker, Pentecostal, was well as exposure to Brethren, Christian Missionary Allicance Baptist, Charismatic groups. And from all of them I received some help. Don't get me wrong.

You see, Paul was right, in the church life all things are ours. All the best of the best in Christian wisdom is ours (1 Cor. 3:21) . So I have taken the best of all the divisions and brought them home to the church life.

Hey, you may have seen me refer to R.C. Sproul, James White, Mary McDonough, Bob Mumford, G.H. Pember, Robert Govette, G.H. Lang, D.M. Panton, Derek Prince, WIlliam L. Craig, JP. Moreland, Alvin Plantigo, Gary Habermas, etc. and others.

I didn't use their proximity with local churches as a litmus test. They all are ours as Christians.

Even some opposers of Witness Lee like Norman Geisler has written some things I would not hesitate to recommend. Even Kingdom of the Cults guru Walter Martin was a help to me before he got hired to try to put Witness Lee out of business like Balaam the prophet was hired by Balak.

And we don't blame you - we pity you.

Okay. That can't hurt.
    The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you.
  4. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 12:07
    @sonship said

The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you.
    And with you too.

In the end, we must each walk according to the light that we have received.
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 12:37
    @caljust said
    And with you too.

In the end, we must each walk according to the light that we have received.
    Even if that received light emanates solely from the sun, which energizes us to make the most out of life.
  6. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 13:49
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Even if that received light emanates solely from the sun, which energizes us to make the most out of life.
    Absolutely!
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 13:57
    @sonship said
    And whether they were "nice guys" or not is secondary to them being faithful ministers of God's new testament ministry, I think.
    So if they were still alive, and posting here, not as "nice guys", there would be zero evidence that they had "Jesus flowing through" them, or that they were "becoming more like Jesus", or were destined, after their deaths, to be deified as God-men, aside from them posting reams and reams of arid, joyless dogma about thinking stuff and never doing stuff, right? But would copious typing and copy-pasting of that kind be authentic evidence of the "Jesus" effect?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 16:34
    @FMF

Don't tell me. Another attempt to insert words into my mouth via a question ?

So if they were still alive, and posting here, not as "nice guys", there would be zero evidence

Let me guess. Right here I'm suppose to pop up and say "Wow! You took the words right out of my mouth!"

that they had "Jesus flowing through" them, or that they were "becoming more like Jesus",

Its interesting how you keep trying to undermine Christ's promise in John 7:39. Too bad you weren't around in first 30 years or so after Christ's earthly ministry. Maybe you could have nipped the whole church age in the bud.

I mean your scepticism was far advanced to all the unbelief and scepticism of the detractors for the first 1,000 years of the flourishing of the Gospel.

or were destined, after their deaths, to be deified as God-men, aside from them posting reams and reams of arid,

Arid? You betray that you are thirsty.

Jesus did say "Whoever thirsts let him come unto Me and drink ...".

You sound like a candidate for Jesus Christ with your "arid" feeling of a thirsts for something.

joyless dogma about thinking stuff and never doing stuff, right? But would copious typing and copy-pasting of that kind be authentic evidence of the "Jesus" effect?

Copious typing which you do not HAVE to read. Funny that you can't stop reading them.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 16:46
    A few samples of some positive experiences.

Martha Ball
    I am just as grateful to the Lord for leading me to the writings of Watchman Nee and Witness Lee, these two dear slaves of the Lord who sought the Lord, studied the Scriptures, and shared what they saw from the Bible concerning Christ and the church. How good to know we can know Christ not solely in a doctrinal way but in a way of experience and enjoyment which bring the growth in the divine life that the Lord so wants to see in all of His children. He does want us to mature.

https://www.localchurches.org/testimonies/enjoyment-of-my-salvation/

Wayne Kosumo
    I would like to give a brief testimony about how the ministry of Watchman Nee and Witness Lee has opened up the Bible to me. As an engineer, it is difficult for me to receive anything if it is not logical and not practical. The ministry given by Watchman Nee and Witness Lee is a ministry which is deep in thought, and which is applicable to the daily life.
    Through this ministry I have come to see that God's plan can be seen in every book of the Bible, from the creation of the universe in Genesis to the coming down of the New Jerusalem in Revelation. By knowing God's plan, His economy, the Bible that was seemingly written by many authors with various backgrounds at different times becomes a single book with God Himself as the author conveying His divine revelation.

https://www.localchurches.org/testimonies/

Gary Evans
    How I thank the Lord that He gave a fellow high-schooler the courage to invite me to a meeting of the local church in Houston! During that meeting I heard the Bible taught both faithfully and uncompromisingly. After the meeting, even though I was distastefully dressed, I was warmly greeted by all, and received numerous dinner invitations. Both the love and the biblical truth that I found there helped restore my walk with my Savior, Jesus Christ. I was shepherded both spiritually and humanly.
    Some of the believers there spent time to tutor me, and as a result, I became almost a straight “A” student. I went on to receive a B.S. and Master's degree from the University of Texas while remaining active in the local church in Austin. I taught public school for twelve years and was a principal of a Christian school for three years. As of today, I have been happily married for 24 years and have three teen-aged children who love Christ, are active in the church, and are all college-bound.

Pauyl Bixby
    I have been enjoying the meetings of the local church for the past eleven to twelve years, and, like the man in First Corinthians 14:25, I have to declare (in reference to the local church) “Indeed God is among you.” I was first met the Christians meeting as the local church in 1987 when I was a graduate student. At that time in my life I was a Catholic with a fresh seeking to know …

https://www.localchurches.org/testimonies/
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 17:00
    Nee’s presuppositions are suspect in light of the Word of God. His books provide grist for cult groups such as The Way, The Alamo Foundation, the Children of God and other groups. The astute believer should watch out for Watchman Nee.

G. Richard Fisher
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 17:322 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Nee’s presuppositions are suspect in light of the Word of God. His books provide grist for cult groups such as The Way, The Alamo Foundation, the Children of God and other groups. The astute believer should watch out for Watchman Nee.

G. Richard Fisher

Folks, you'll just have to pray, seek the Lord's truth and make up your own mind. You want to follow atheist Ghost of a Duke to tell you what is good Christian ministry and not?
    (my bolding)
    Watchman Nee’s tremendously positive contribution along with the fact that the Lord greatly used him. A third category of material related to Watchman Nee is excluded from this website because the materials are full of slander intended to bias readers against Watchman Nee and his ministry. At least six of these books have been retracted by their American publishers; in fact, one was condemned in court as libelous and defamatory. Nevertheless, some of those opposing Watchman Nee’s ministry and persecuting the believers meeting in the local churches still promote and circulate photocopies of these disproven and retracted books.

http://watchman-nee.net/recognition/index.html
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 17:36
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

G. Richard Fisher
    This is the reason why the best advice for the astute believer is to read nothing. If someone reads the teachings of Christ [something a 10 yr old can do with ease], and thereafter somewhere in their teens and 20s they start putting these true Christian principles into practice, they can smile to themselves whenever the sonships of this world speak of LCM and the JWs speak of the Watchtower. Smile and walk away.
  13. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 17:41
    @rajk999 said
    This is the reason why the best advice for the astute believer is to read nothing. If someone reads the teachings of Christ [something a 10 yr old can do with ease], and thereafter somewhere in their teens and 20s they start putting these true Christian principles into practice, they can smile to themselves whenever the sonships of this world speak of LCM and the JWs speak of the Watchtower. Smile and walk away.
    Good advice indeed.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 17:413 edits
    @Rajk999

If someone reads the teachings of Christ [something a 10 yr old can do with ease],

How many years have you been posting here?

I have yet to see ONE instance in which a Christian brother or sister commented positively on your posts as sound Christian ministry.

Could you paste me in a sample? And I don't mean from a flaming atheist or a JW.

Do it in your next post.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Apr '19 17:542 edits
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

If someone reads the teachings of Christ [something a 10 yr old can do with ease],

How many years have you been posting here?

I have yet to see ONE instance in which a Christian brother or sister commented positively on your posts as sound Christian ministry.

Could you paste me in a sample? And I don't mean from a flaming atheist or a JW.

Do it in your next post.
    .. when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? (Luke 18:8 KJV)

A rhetorical question. The answer is NO. If you go be popularity then you are down the broad way to damnation. The teachings of Christ are very unpopular. Good works and righteousness is not easy to do, neither is it easy to preach about as is clearly demonstrated by your ministry on this site, so you are clearly not one of the faithful.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree