1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 12:54
    @FMF

When I witness the influence of the belief on the Christians I have loved and lived and worked amongst for many years and whom I admire.

So when these whom you have loved speak of the Son of God your have no loss of joy, I assume. You admire their belief and confession of Christ, the Son of God.

Splendid.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Apr '19 09:42
    @sonship

Great joy can be found in the happiness of loved ones, even if the source of that joy doesn't move us personally.

One of my fondest memories was a family day out where on the return journey my young niece (3 or 4 at the time) was in her car seat in the back, and where every time we drove over a speed bump in the road she roared with laughter. (Have never seen anybody so happy). Her happiness made me happy, even though the speed bumps themselves caused me more irritation.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Apr '19 09:57
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    @sonship

Great joy can be found in the happiness of loved ones, even if the source of that joy doesn't move us personally.

One of my fondest memories was a family day out where on the return journey my young niece (3 or 4 at the time) was in her car seat in the back, and where every time we drove over a speed bump in the road she roared with laughter. (Have neve ...[text shortened]... ppy). Her happiness made me happy, even though the speed bumps themselves caused me more irritation.
    Love that is real is what the world was made to be like between us all. Love is something when between two, when its real, joy is found between the interactions of them. When the world broke down, that was lost between us all, for us all, when it should have been the norm. Where it isn't the norm, we are now in a deeply flawed existence, where instead all kinds of things reside in its stead jealousy, hate, slander, all manner of abhorrent thoughts and deeds.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Apr '19 10:03
    @kellyjay said
    Love that is real is what the world was made to be like between us all. Love is something when between two, when its real, joy is found between the interactions of them. When the world broke down, that was lost between us all, for us all, when it should have been the norm. Where it isn't the norm, we are now in a deeply flawed existence, where instead all kinds of things reside in its stead jealousy, hate, slander, all manner of abhorrent thoughts and deeds.
    But I just recounted a memory where such joy existed.

The world hasn't 'broken down.' That's a cop out, an excuse to throw our collective hands in the air. There is nothing flawed in our existence. We are evolving as a species. The future is extraordinarily exciting. (Well, as long as we don't destroy the planet).
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Apr '19 10:28
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    But I just recounted a memory where such joy existed.

The world hasn't 'broken down.' That's a cop out, an excuse to throw our collective hands in the air. There is nothing flawed in our existence. We are evolving as a species. The future is extraordinarily exciting. (Well, as long as we don't destroy the planet).
    You did encounter it because of the love you have, love isn't dried up completely here for anyone, we see it we experience it between ourselves, and in those time we know it is good. You can watch those videos of soldiers returning home to family, the mere sight of a loved one brings joy, love is personified in God, and He made us in His image, we know it when we see it.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Apr '19 11:081 edit
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

One of my fondest memories was a family day out where on the return journey my young niece (3 or 4 at the time) was in her car seat in the back, and where every time we drove over a speed bump in the road she roared with laughter. (Have never seen anybody so happy). Her happiness made me happy, even though the speed bumps themselves caused me more irritation.

One time my sister in law and her daughter were having a big fight. They exchanged angry words as they are prone to do. A kind of dysfunctional relationship.

But my niece suddenly snatched up the baby to stomp out of the house. To everyone's suprise the baby thought it was funny to be snatched up. The baby laughed and that made my sister-in-law laugh. And they all calmed down seeing that the baby laughed at being snatched up.

It was classic children defusing adult tension.

That is such a good age. If you have a sense of humor even as teenagers they can be lovable with a funny outlook on life.

My [once] two teenage kids use to tease me when i asked them WHAT they were watching on TV or saw in the movies. They would say "Blood Sucking Vampires from Mars Who Don't Read their Bibles!"

They knew their dad concern well.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '19 13:28
    @sonship said
    So when these whom you have loved speak of the Son of God your have no loss of joy, I assume. You admire their belief and confession of Christ, the Son of God.
    What I mean, but - judging by your inability to engage me without straw man versions of what I have said - I seem to need to repeat for you, yet again: you are one of the most joyless ideologues I have ever come across. I have met - and known and loved and lived with and worked with - countless Christians whose demeanour and acts under the influence of their Christian faith has been inspiring, admirable and joyful. You are not one of them.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Apr '19 14:102 edits
    @FMF

Sniff, Sniff.

Not YOUR favorite Christian !

Well, you're not my favorite narcissist atheist either.

Now get busy on your next joy filled thread.
    The Japanese suicide one's running dry.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Apr '19 23:26
    @sonship said
    @FMF

Sniff, Sniff.

Not YOUR favorite Christian !

Well, you're not my favorite narcissist atheist either.

Now get busy on your next joy filled thread.
    The Japanese suicide one's running dry.
    You seem to be having a lot more difficulty coping with being thought of as joyless ~ despite your faith ~ than you will ever be able to cause me by suggesting I am joyless.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Apr '19 00:13
    @FMF

You seem to be having a lot more difficulty coping with being thought of as joyless ~ despite your faith ~ than you will ever be able to cause me by suggesting I am joyless.

So if the litmus test of truth is one's joy, then what do you present us that is more reason for thankfulness then reconciliation to God through Jesus ?

"More than oneness with God as a source of joy is _________________?"

Fill it in.

"More than God as Father and we as His sons as a reason for rejoicing is the Atheist's _______________________ ?"

Fill it in for us.
    Surely you have something to offer ?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '19 00:15
    @sonship said
    So if the litmus test of truth is one's joy, then what do you present us that is more reason for thankfulness then reconciliation to God through Jesus ?
    The question is why are you such a joyless person despite your belief in "thankfulness the reconciliation to God through Jesus"?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 May '19 21:023 edits
    @FMF
    The question is why are you such a joyless person despite your belief in "thankfulness the reconciliation to God through Jesus"?

Your imaginative and baseless assertions don't impress me, other than that you display your wishful thinking with great aplomb.

I mean I can ask loaded questions too.

Have you derived enough narcissistic supply from this exchange yet ?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 May '19 00:471 edit
    @sonship said
    Your imaginative and baseless assertions don't impress me, other than that you display your wishful thinking with great aplomb.
    Twelve years ago was I commenting on how joyless you seem? No. Six years ago was I commenting on how joyless you seem? No. Four years ago was I commenting on how joyless you seem? No, I was not. These last two or three years have been different, markedly so.

So my observation is not "baseless" or "wishful thinking". What's striking about these last two or three years is that they coincide with your increasingly frequent and vocal egocentric and pretentious claims about being destined to be deified after you die, about how you are "becoming more like Jesus" and how you have "Jesus flowing through" you and your vituperative reactions when asked to substantiate such claims.

These self-aggrandizing assertions and your increasingly joyless and often downright poisonous demeanour cannot be explained away as a figment of my imagination.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 May '19 00:491 edit
    @sonship said
    Did the thread "FMF, Bringer of great joy" Thread 180746 achieve what you were seeking to achieve by starting it?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 May '19 05:29
    @sonship said
    Says the man who’s pretty much entire posting strategy is to bring attention to himself.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree