1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 May '19 13:181 edit
    @divegeester said
    Have you alerted the posts of mine that you feel are abusive?
    Not yet but I may start doing so.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 May '19 13:31
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

The 'mingling' thing is just one example where Nee has wandered away from Christ.

So you being an Atheist are informing us where Watchman Nee has "wandered away from Christ ?"
    Or did you mean to write Lee as I think the usage of "mingling" is more prominent with his books ?

Let's assume that it doesn't matter WHO you mea ...[text shortened]... lease.

Can you do it without help from other cynical posters?
    See if you can handle this alone.
    Oh, I tend to mingle Lee and Nee together.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 May '19 21:501 edit
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Oh, I tend to mingle Lee and Nee together.

That's not mingle. That's more like being confused.

Now there is mingling in incarnation of God as Christ and there is mingling as God's full and complete salvation for humanity.

Which one would you like to show is an idea " wandering away from Christ? "
    I'll consider your objection for either.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 May '19 23:13
    @eladar said
    There are many heretics out there. I am not sure why one guy gets singled out other than to start up a thread to abuse Sonship.
    You see Witness Lee as a "heretic"?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 May '19 02:31
    @eladar said
    Not yet but I may start doing so.
    okay, obviously you’re not too concerned. I’ll let you know if I hear anything from the site administration.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 May '19 23:13
    I am still patiently waiting to see how the concept of the word "mingling" of divinity and humanity is "wandering away from Christ" in ANY regard.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 May '19 14:00
    @sonship said
    I am still patiently waiting to see how the concept of the word "mingling" of divinity and humanity is "wandering away from Christ" in ANY regard.
    It's a great philosophy sir, if you're a Buddhist.

.......Are you a Buddhist? Are you slowly transitioning away from Christianity? Is that what's going on?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '19 15:22
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

It is a great philosophy and is so because it does have its hands on some truth, IMO.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 May '19 16:26
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

It is a great philosophy and is so because it does have its hands on some truth, IMO.
    As you move further from Christianity, do you think you will assimilate the idea of reincarnation as well? (Perhaps Nee has already paved the way with a comparative link between reincarnation and the resurrection of Christ? )
  10. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    08 May '19 17:31

Removed by poster

11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '19 21:303 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

As you move further from Christianity,

In which post did you demonstrate how the concept of the mingling of God and man was a wandering departure away from Christ ?

I'll take " I changed my mind " as a legitimate answer.

do you think you will assimilate the idea of reincarnation as well?

It is a cornering question with an assumption that I "assimilated" something.

Ecclesiastes is a book by Solomon which stresses the essential vanity of human life (especially apart from God's salvation).
    Buddhism as well as some other beliefs system say something very similar. Ie. The world is an illusion and our desires for many things leads to futility.

I don't consider the similarity a great concession to Buddhism as if I am "assimilating" it.

And reincarnation I don't see in the revelation of Scripture. I don't believe in reincarnation.

(Perhaps Nee has already paved the way with a comparative link between reincarnation and the resurrection of Christ? )

I don't think so at all. But one thing is probably certain - Young Nee T'o-sheng (Watchman Nee) knew a lot about Eastern religions and philosophy from his native upbringing.

The impact of this young man's insight into the Christian Gospel, I think, is evidence that the Gospel is not something of human culture purely or a "Western" product. God knew that. I think He raised up someone that we in the West would realize it. We have something to learn from one of God's servants from a "virgin" land as far as Christianity was concerned.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 May '19 23:151 edit
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

As you move further from Christianity,

In which post did you demonstrate how the concept of the mingling of God and man was a wandering departure away from Christ ?

I'll take " I changed my mind " as a legitimate answer.

do you think you will assimilate the idea of reincarnation as well?

It is a cornerin ...[text shortened]... thing to learn from one of God's servants from a "virgin" land as far as Christianity was concerned.
    Part of the concept of reincarnation is in the bible eg the part where dead people returns as other people. Purgatory is also mentioned.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 May '19 17:22
    @rajk999 said
    Part of the concept of reincarnation is in the bible eg the part where dead people returns as other people. Purgatory is also mentioned.
    Indeed. Mark 6:14-15 for example:

'King Herod heard about this, for Jesus’ name had become well known. Some were saying, “John the Baptist has been raised from the dead, and that is why miraculous powers are at work in him.” Others said, “He is Elijah.” And still others claimed, “He is a prophet, like one of the prophets of long ago.”

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree