Beware the writings of the Watchman

Beware the writings of the Watchman

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Apr 19

No, I just find you one of the most joyless Christian ideologues I have ever come across.

He means - "You mean I'm not perfect ? What a bummer! "

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
22 Apr 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

No, I just find you one of the most joyless Christian ideologues I have ever come across.

Of course the thought of righteousness decreases your joy.

The thought that you may actually be in need of God's forgiveness, is an emotional downer to you. Its understandable.
Why have you attributed that post to me?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Apr 19
2 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Apparently, I have read 'more' of 'The Ministry of God’s Word' than you have. (You claim that you never finished reading it, which I suspect is code for 'you are deeply embarrassed by what it contains and hope no one will shine a light on its contents' ).

There is no code necessary.

I started reading it. I decided not to read it all the way through.

No encryption, code, hidden meaning involved.

Have you ever decided for some reason not to finish a long book?

So, if you readily mastered the material of that book, explain what is the difference between the inner word and the outer word.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Apr 19

'you are deeply embarrassed by what it contains and hope no one will shine a light on its contents' ).

Deeply embaressed uh ?

I am deeply embarresed by the book "The Ministry of God's Word" huh ??

WOW! Move over Sigmund Freud !!!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Apr 19

@FMF

A joyless Christian ideologue. Okay.

Under what circumstances then do you consider the Son of God a joyful affair for the atheist ?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
22 Apr 19

@sonship said
'you are deeply embarrassed by what it contains and hope no one will shine a light on its contents' ).

Deeply embaressed uh ?

I am deeply embarresed by the book "The Ministry of God's Word" huh ??

WOW! Move over Sigmund Freud !!!
I sense you secretly wish he had never written it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Apr 19

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

You have a wild, wild imagination.
Why would I wish Nee never gave the messages that trained his co-workers to minister the word of God ?

This is one of the more nonsensical things you have ever said to me. But give an explanation a try. I'm intrigued.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Apr 19

Folks I like to play chess. What a fun game of strategy and skill.

But I am embarrassed you see, at Gary Kasperov. Secretly .... I just wish he was never a world grand master.

I just have a tinge of embarressment that Gary Kasparov might condunct something like a master class for other chess players with considerable more experience then I.

Oooo, I secretly wish he wouldn't give instructions to other advanced chess players.

If you detect that I am being sarcastic, I am, The bafflement of secretly wishing Watchman Nee was not the author of the training messages that became the book "The Ministry of God's Word" is what I'm making an imperfect comparison to.

I await Ghost to explain to me my secret embarrassment and wish that the book never was compounded from those messages Nee gave to train some of his co-workers to do what he did.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
22 Apr 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

You have a wild, wild imagination.
Why would I wish Nee never gave the messages that trained his co-workers to minister the word of God ?

This is one of the more nonsensical things you have ever said to me. But give an explanation a try. I'm intrigued.
The writings of Watchman Nee perforate a lot of what you write here. For you to have started to read a book by him and abandon it before completion is a strong indication that its contents jarred with your personal beliefs on certain subjects. (For example, Nee's stated belief that humans should bring their own emotion to scripture). Instead of admitting such a thing you attempt to palm it off with a few red herrings. (Translation issues and the like).

Moves
22 Apr 19

@sonship said
Folks I like to play chess. What a fun game of strategy and skill.

But I am embarrassed you see, at Gary Kasperov. Secretly .... I just wish he was never a world grand master.

I just have a tinge of embarressment that Gary Kasparov might condunct something like a master class for other chess players with considerable more experience then I.

Oooo, I secretly wish ...[text shortened]... never was compounded from those messages Nee gave to train some of his co-workers to do what he did.
Sonship, do you hold the writings and teachings of Nee and Lee above all other Christian writers and teachers?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Apr 19

@divegeester

Sonship, do you hold the writings and teachings of Nee and Lee above all other Christian writers and teachers?

I agree with the statements I wrote from Lee which said he and Nee stood on the shoulders of other previous servants of God.

I is to me a matter of the right leading of the Holy Spirit for the right time. This is the kind of ministry the church needs in this hour.

God gets the glory.

I regard them as TIMELY and APPROPRIATE for the present time. And this I believe is something of the moving of God.

What we are going through is a Reformation like moving of the Holy Spirit approaching these last of days. And I believe God raised up two young men from a "virgin" area of the world where Christianity is "supposed" not to be deeply traditional.

My opinion is that this has God's wisdom all over it. The Truth of the Gospel is not a Western thing. And the supply in the Body of Christ can flow richly not only from the West to the East but also from the East to the West.

Moves
23 Apr 19

@sonship said
@divegeester
I agree with the statements I wrote from Lee which said he and Nee stood on the shoulders of other previous servants of God.

I is to me a matter of the right leading of the Holy Spirit for the right time. This is the kind of ministry the church needs in this hour.

God gets the glory.

I regard them as TIMELY and APPROPRIATE for the present time. And th ...[text shortened]... ody of Christ can flow richly not only from the West to the East but also from the East to the West.
I’m sorry sonship, perhaps you misunderstood my question. Here it is again

Do you hold the writings and teachings of Nee and Lee above all other Christian writers and teachers?

Thanks in advance for being unequivocal in your reply.

Moves
23 Apr 19

Sonship?

F

Moves
23 Apr 19

@sonship said
A joyless Christian ideologue. Okay.

Under what circumstances then do you consider the Son of God a joyful affair for the atheist ?
When I witness the influence of the belief on the Christians I have loved and lived and worked amongst for many years and whom I admire.

F

Moves
23 Apr 19

@sonship said

He means - "You mean I'm not perfect ? What a bummer! "
How "perfect" you think you are is the realm of vanity. Perhaps you are just not cut out for preaching. There are other things Christians can be animated to do by their faith. Things that affect more people and spread more joy. I have encountered such Christians.