1. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Apr '19 13:32
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

"Wherefore I make known to you that no one speaking in the Spirit of God says, Jesus is accursed;
    and no one can say, Lord Jesus, except in the Holy Spirit." ( 1 Cor. 12:3)

"My conscience is held captive to the word of God." - Luther
    For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works. (2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV)

You teach people either ignoring or disobeying the commandments of Christ. Such a teaching is not of the Holy Spirit.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Apr '19 14:45
    @sonship said
    Ghost,

You warn of Watchman Nee's writings.
    Which book by Watchman Nee have you completely read ?
    Apparently, I have read 'more' of 'The Ministry of God’s Word' than you have. (You claim that you never finished reading it, which I suspect is code for 'you are deeply embarrassed by what it contains and hope no one will shine a light on its contents' ).
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Apr '19 14:51
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Yes. When I expounded or explained some passages.
    Why do you do that sonship? Why do you twist people's words in such a dishonest way?!

I asked, 'Have you ever been accused of plagiarism when quoting passages from the Bible?'

You replied, 'Yes. When I expounded or explained some passages.'

HOW is quoting passages from the Bible the same as you expounding on Biblical passages, invariably using other peoples words without providing the source?!
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Apr '19 17:391 edit
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

HOW is quoting passages from the Bible the same as you expounding on Biblical passages, invariably using other peoples words without providing the source?!

So to substitute for your ineptness in showing that the interpretations are biblically invalid you opt instead for harping on the plagiarism complaint?!
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Apr '19 18:23
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

So to substitute for your ineptness in showing that the interpretations are biblically invalid you opt instead for harping on the plagiarism complaint?!
    Any ineptness is in your disingenuous way of responding. Again, why do you feel the need to do that? Insecurity?

Quoting directly from the Bible has never been an issue. However, if you provide interpretations of Biblical passages which are not your own, then you need to say where they came from. It really isn't any more complicated than that.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 14:273 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Quoting directly from the Bible has never been an issue. However, if you provide interpretations of Biblical passages which are not your own, then you need to say where they came from. It really isn't any more complicated than that.

Delusional nonsense.
    Internet skepto mind crap of the first order.

Anyone want to venture to tell me WHO In history first gave an evangelical interpretation to John 3:16 ?
    How many tracts, how many sermons, how many panflets, how many songs have elaborated in the good news of John 3:16 without footnotes, or end notes, or citation of the original expounder?

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)

If you believe in Jesus Christ the Son of God His salvation will save you from perishing apart from God forever. And giving God to you you will receive eternal life.

Who said that ????? Give credit !!

I don't know who gave that interpretation first.
    You know something. I know a lot of song writers and composers. But I do not for the life of me know who wrote -

"Go Tell It On the Mountain, Over the hills and everywhere.
    Go tell It on the Mountain, That Jesus Christ is born."

Credit? Credit?
    Don't know. We just call it "a spiritual".
    Sometimes we call it "A Negro spiritual".

Ghost's demand that repeated and/or expanded explanations of Bible passages must by law be accompanied by credit, is bogus stalling, a red herring, and exaggerated pseudo academic babble.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 14:33
    @sonship said
    Ghost's demand that repeated and/or expanded explanations of Bible passages must by law be accompanied by credit, is bogus stalling, a red herring, and exaggerated pseudo academic babble.
    Are you seeking to convert people here to Christianity - or at least open them up to belief in Jesus - through your behaviour and demeanour in interacting with non-believers on this message board?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 14:464 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Any ineptness is in your disingenuous way of responding. Again, why do you feel the need to do that? Insecurity?

God's nation is Israel. God will fulfill many promises to the nation of Israel.
    Judaism is not His nation.

God produced Christians. God builds His church. He is not committed to building up the ISM or the ANITY.

In face the ANITY and the ISM and the ChristianDOM have be so thoroughly MIXED with unclean things corrupting the Gospel (as Jesus predicted) that everyone recognizes that something has gone terribly wrong with the traditions claiming their source in Jesus.

He predicted it. Ghost either cannot understand or understands and is afraid to agree.

"Another parable He spoke to them: The kingdom of the heavens is like leaven which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal until the whole was leavened." (Matt. 13:33)

How shall we think of leaven? Most likely it is a negative symbol here.

New American Standard Bible
    And Jesus said to them, "Watch out and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees" (Matt. 16:6)

Galatians 5:9
    A little leaven leavens the whole lump of dough.

King James Bible
    A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

If you prefer a super English friendly Paraphrase - the NLT gives it to us as -
    New Living Translation
    This false teaching is like a little yeast that spreads through the whole batch of dough!

The entire meal offering became corrupt.
    And Ghost want's to sensationalize because a Bible teacher WHO CARES about Christians' health and well being warns that the Protestantism and Catholicism have be over run with corruption from the Devil's subtlety to destroy the church and thoroughly befuddled the lovers of Christ.

The Athiest hopes to bolster up even MORE reasons to not hear the Bible by saying a Christian teacher who cares is speaking hate speech towards other Christains.

Isn't the sudden inclusiveness impressive ?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 15:021 edit
    @FMF

Do you find the messages I post "joyless" because you staking your hope that there is no God ?

The "joyless" feeling comes over you because you'd be happier if like you claim - you are not a sinner because that is a religious concept. You're not here by any God or going to meet any God.

Sooooo, what I write is ... "joyless" ?

Theses guys also had a distinct shortage of joy like you.

saying, "What business do we have with each other, Jesus of Nazareth? Have You come to destroy us? I know who You are-- the Holy One of God!" (Mark 1:24)

This is the kind of reply about you're complaint of my joyless gospel discussion which you are likely to harp on for years to come - "Oh look how MEAN sonship was to ME! "

FIle this one away in your Mr. Innocent File for latter reference. I pointed out the joylessness of the demons when they saw Jesus coming to save men. Maybe there's some whispering in your ear robbing human joy away.

And behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with You, Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time ? (Matt. 8:29)

Jesus told the legion of evil spirits to go off and continue their party in a nearby herd of swine.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 15:082 edits
    @FMF
    Are you seeking to convert people here to Christianity -

Its simple. I come to Spirituality to teach people how to believe the Bible.
    You're here to teach people how to disbelieve it.

Not hard to grasp really. What is too subtle to understand?
    You're here to sow doubt in the Word of God.
    I'm here to help a one or two seeking people on Spirituality to first, pick it up and read it, and then to learn something about how to trust it, believe it.

You're here to undo that work.
    Which it is your right to do your best.
    I have the right to do my best.
    So take your "Spokesman For the Community" badge and wave it at someone else.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 15:13
    @sonship said
    Do you find the messages I post "joyless" because you staking your hope that there is no God ?
    No, I just find you one of the most joyless Christian ideologues I have ever come across.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 15:15
    @sonship said
    Its simple. I come to Spirituality to teach people how to believethe Bible.You're here to teach people how to disbelieve it.
    I think we are both here on this message board for the same reason: to share our opinions and perspectives.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 15:20
    @sonship said
    Jesus told the legion of evil spirits to go off and continue their party in a nearby herd of swine.
    Don't tell me.

This conmunity is the "herd of swine".

And the "evil spirits" are those of us who are non-believers.

And you want us to "go off".

Am I right?
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 16:36
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

God's nation is Israel. God will fulfill many promises to the nation of Israel.
    Judaism is not His nation.

God produced Christians. God builds His church. He is not committed to building up the ISM or the ANITY.

In ...[text shortened]... es is speaking hate speech towards other Christains.

Isn't the sudden inclusiveness impressive ?
    I thought we were discussing 'your' insecurity, not God's?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 13:371 edit
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

No, I just find you one of the most joyless Christian ideologues I have ever come across.

Of course the thought of righteousness decreases your joy.

The thought that you may actually be in need of God's forgiveness, is an emotional downer to you. Its understandable.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree