1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 19:521 edit
    @plantermoo said
    What is the word from which recite was chosen in English?
    Go investigate.

'You know nothing Jon Snow.'
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 20:39
    @rajk999 said
    Church BS... you dont know your bible.

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. (Revelation 22:14-15 KJV)

Those who keep the commandments get eternal life.
    Those who dont get cast out
    Are you claiming Jesus Christ asked people if they had kept the commandments and done good works before He healed them?

Or did He ask if they believed that He could heal them and if they had faith?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 20:54
    @plantermoo said
    Are you claiming Jesus Christ asked people if they had kept the commandments and done good works before He healed them?

Or did He ask if they believed that He could heal them and if they had faith?
    Im sorry. I think I made a mistake. I thought you were a normal intelligent adult, with the ability to read standard English. I retract my statements.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 22:34
    @plantermoo said
    Recitation, in my mind, implies insincerity. In that way, it’s incompatible with saving belief.
    I used the verb "recite" because it is the accurate word to use to describe what I was talking about. It is not pejorative. If you use the word "recitation" to convey the notion of insincerity, then that is a matter for you.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 22:36
    @plantermoo said
    Paul is speaking to believers here. He is not an atheist using the word “recite” as a pejorative.
    The word "recite" hasn't been used as a pejorative on this thread.
  6. Joined
    21 Nov '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '23 03:38
    Simply put, the account of the Lord is wise beyond any human inspiration. It seems without question Ezekiel didn't pretend to oversee right and wrong in the big, bold way he prophesied. It came on High, an issuance: wickedness would not be counted against those who turn away from disobedience; righteousness would not count for those who turn towards disobedience. Divine punishment came for even failing to speak when given the correct spirit. Spending a lifetime in curiosity how it happens means we can't know what is missed of
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '23 03:59
    @of-ants-and-imps said
    Simply put, the account of the Lord is wise beyond any human inspiration.
    This is an example of a "Just Because" fallacy, also known as a "Because I said so" [logical fallacy]. Leading with it is very weak, I'd say.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '23 04:04
    @of-ants-and-imps said
    It seems without question Ezekiel didn't pretend to oversee right and wrong in the big, bold way he prophesied. It came on High, an issuance: wickedness would not be counted against those who turn away from disobedience; righteousness would not count for those who turn towards disobedience. Divine punishment came for even failing to speak when given the correct spirit. Spending a lifetime in curiosity how it happens means we can't know what is missed of
    Hearing a set of assertions like this - or hearing yourself repeating them - may convince you of their truth, and that is your prerogative, of course, but they are not persuasive in and of themselves.

One could take a set of assertions from any religion and "argue" that they are "without question" true.
  9. Joined
    21 Nov '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '23 04:12
    @FMF
    Ok good sheparding
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '23 05:34
    @of-ants-and-imps said
    @FMF
    Ok good sheparding
    "Sheparding" is not a word.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '23 08:04
    @of-ants-and-imps said
    Simply put, the account of the Lord is wise beyond any human inspiration. It seems without question Ezekiel didn't pretend to oversee right and wrong in the big, bold way he prophesied. It came on High, an issuance: wickedness would not be counted against those who turn away from disobedience; righteousness would not count for those who turn towards disobedience. Div ...[text shortened]... orrect spirit. Spending a lifetime in curiosity how it happens means we can't know what is missed of
    Looks like you forgot to log out and back in again 😉
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Mar '23 22:19
    @fmf said
    "Sheparding" is not a word.
    Shepherding is a word.

I think he just misspelled it.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Mar '23 02:15
    @rajk999 said
    Church BS... you dont know your bible.

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. (Revelation 22:14-15 KJV)

Those who keep the commandments get eternal life.
    Those who dont get cast out
    What do you care about knowing the Bible since you reject it as the word of God, what a hypocrite!
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '23 03:51
    @kellyjay said
    What do you care about knowing the Bible since you reject it as the word of God, what a hypocrite!
    Are the "hopes" that other religions (i.e. other than yours) engender in their adherents "man-made"?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '23 12:56
    @kellyjay said
    Simply highlighting my point, which wasn't a criticism of yours, for many it's all just the text nothing more, no life. A living Savior in the here and now, not a pie-in-the-sky one.
    When it comes to "hope" for immortality and supernatural assistance, is it only your religion that is not "pie-in-the-sky"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree