1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 16:431 edit
    Isaiah 26:3-5
    You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock. For he has humbled the inhabitants of the height, the lofty city. He lays it low, lays it low to the ground, casts it to the dust.

Romans 1:16
    The Righteous Shall Live by Faith
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

1 Corinthians 1:18
    Christ the Wisdom and Power of God
    For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 3:18-20
    English Standard Version
    Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you thinks that he is wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is folly with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their craftiness,” and again, “The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile.”

From 1 Peter 1
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 16:51
    @KellyJay
    "Hope" for what?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 19:00
    @fmf said
    @KellyJay
    "Hope" for what?
    For me, it’s the Rapture, an eternity in Heaven, seeing Jesus Christ face to face and living forever with Him, and help through challenges and difficult trials on earth - all are which are based on the Bible.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 21:05
    @plantermoo said
    For me, it’s the Rapture, an eternity in Heaven, seeing Jesus Christ face to face and living forever with Him, and help through challenges and difficult trials on earth - all are which are based on the Bible.
    I don't think all modern trials and tribulations are based on the Bible. Indeed, the Bible fails to address many of the problems the modern person encounters and can actually hinder rather than help.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 21:25
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I don't think all modern trials and tribulations are based on the Bible. Indeed, the Bible fails to address many of the problems the modern person encounters and can actually hinder rather than help.
    What I meant was God’s help in getting believers through trials is based on the Bible, not that the trials themselves are based on the Bible.

“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”

(Psalm 46:1)

Nevertheless, I’m not aware of any trial (and couldn’t even imagine one) where God could not help a believer, nor do I think problems today, at their root, are different from problems in Biblical times.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 21:54
    @KellyJay
    Is it a "hope" for immortality fot you too? And a "hope" that bad things in life won't feel so bad, like what PlanterMoo said?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 22:12
    @fmf said
    @KellyJay
    Is it a "hope" for immortality fot you too? And a "hope" that bad things in life won't feel so bad, like what PlanterMoo said?
    Should add that Biblical hope is a confident expectation of something and that was the meaning I was referring to.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 22:42
    @plantermoo said
    Should add that Biblical hope is a confident expectation of something and that was the meaning I was referring to.
    My question to KellyJay stands, how "confident" your "expectation" happens to be notwithstanding.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 22:55
    @fmf said
    My question to KellyJay stands, how "confident" your "expectation" happens to be notwithstanding.
    Wasn’t saying it shouldn’t stand.

Here are some verses for you to ponder in the meantime…

“But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”

(Hebrews 11:6)

“Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.”

(Hebrews 10:38)

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”

(Hebrews 11:1)
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 23:09
    @plantermoo said
    Wasn’t saying it shouldn’t stand.

Here are some verses for you to ponder in the meantime…

“But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”

(Hebrews 11:6)

“Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in ...[text shortened]... “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”

(Hebrews 11:1)
    I don't think your "confidence" in your beliefs and hopes is relevant to my question to KellyJay. I am merely enquiring whether his "hope" is for immortality and feeling better about facing bad things in life.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 23:13
    @KellyJay
    Are the "hopes" that other religions engender in their adherents "man-made"?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 23:17
    @kellyjay said
    Isaiah 26:3-5
    You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock. For he has humbled the inhabitants of the height, the lofty city. He lays it low, lays it low to the ground, casts it to the dust.

Romans 1:16
    The Righteous Shall Live by Faith
    For I am not ashamed of the ...[text shortened]... y God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
    Was this part of the message preached in your church today?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 23:24
    @plantermoo said
    The living hope is Jesus Christ in the here and now not just what is to come.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 23:281 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Right, which is why I also wrote “and help through challenges and difficult trials on earth - all are which are based on the Bible.” I believe I quoted Psalm 46:1 as well.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 23:36
    @kellyjay said
    What "hope"?

"Hope" for what?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree