1. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 23:39
    @fmf said
    What "hope"?

"Hope" for what?
    An eternity of blissful and problem-free living. Being with Jesus Christ. Seeing loved ones again. And a lot more!
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 23:44
    @plantermoo said
    An eternity of blissful and problem-free living. Being with Jesus Christ. Seeing loved ones again. And a lot more!
    I am asking KellyJay.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 01:27
    @fmf said
    I don't think your "confidence" in your beliefs and hopes is relevant to my question to KellyJay. I am merely enquiring whether his "hope" is for immortality and feeling better about facing bad things in life.
    <<I am merely enquiring whether his "hope" is for immortality and feeling better about facing bad things in life.>>

This is a misrepresentation of what I said. My hope (confident expectation of good) is not about “feeling better about facing bad things in life,” it’s about God’s help through trials in life.

Amen!!
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 01:43
    @plantermoo said
    <<I am merely enquiring whether his "hope" is for immortality and feeling better about facing bad things in life.>>

This is a misrepresentation of what I said. My hope (confident expectation of good) is not about “feeling better about facing bad things in life,” it’s about God’s help through trials in life.

Amen!!
    I'm not asking what your "hope" is.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 02:202 edits
    @plantermoo said
    This is a misrepresentation of what I said.
    You may disagree with it, but it is not a misrepresentation. I am representing my interpretation accurately.

To my way of thinking, someone's belief that a God figure is literally helping them through trials in their life is open to interpretation.

It is exactly the same as someone having a psychological disposition or ideology that makes them feel better about facing bad things in life. Exactly the same.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 02:33
    @KellyJay
    A living hope not man made

Are the "hopes" that other religions engender in their adherents "man-made"?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 02:58
    @fmf said
    You may disagree with it, but it is not a misrepresentation. I am representing my interpretation accurately.

To my way of thinking, someone's belief that a God figure is literally helping them through trials in their life is open to interpretation.

It is exactly the same as someone having a psychological disposition or ideology that makes them feel better about facing bad things in life. Exactly the same.
    It is indeed a misrepresentation and I think any fair-minded person sees it as such.

And your “exactly the same” characterization is false as well. God is living and more than able to help His children in trials.

If you were a Christian, you would know and understand that.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 03:10
    @plantermoo said
    Right, which is why I also wrote “and help through challenges and difficult trials on earth - all are which are based on the Bible.” I believe I quoted Psalm 46:1 as well.
    Simply highlighting my point, which wasn't a criticism of yours, for many it's all just the text nothing more, no life. A living Savior in the here and now, not a pie-in-the-sky one.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 03:29
    @plantermoo said
    If you were a Christian, you would know and understand that.
    I do know and understand what your beliefs are. But the fact that I am not a Christian is what means my interpretation of the claim you are making is not a misrepresentation.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 03:32
    @plantermoo said
    And your “exactly the same” characterization is false as well. God is living and more than able to help His children in trials.
    I am fully aware of what your religious beliefs are.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 03:371 edit
    @plantermoo said
    It is indeed a misrepresentation and I think any fair-minded person sees it as such.
    I think "any fair-minded person" - who is not reciting the same beliefs as you - would find that my description of your faith as both a psychological disposition and an ideology is a neutral one. Whether your ideology and disposition correspond to reality as you see it is a matter for people of faith like yourself.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 03:45
    @kellyjay said
    Simply highlighting my point, which wasn't a criticism of yours, for many it's all just the text nothing more, no life. A living Savior in the here and now, not a pie-in-the-sky one.
    When it comes to "hope" for immortality and supernatural assistance, is it only your religion that is not "pie-in-the-sky"?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 03:57
    @fmf said
    I think "any fair-minded person" - who is not reciting the same beliefs as you - would find that my description of your faith as both a psychological disposition and an ideology is a neutral one. Whether your ideology and disposition correspond to reality as you see it is a matter for people of faith like yourself.
    Sounds like you’re trolling.

No Christian “recites” beliefs. They have beliefs that are more real to them than any beliefs in the temporal world.

And because you’re not a Christian, you view faith as a psychological disposition and ideology. Doesn’t mean your viewpoint is correct; just means you don’t understand or know what a relationship with Jesus Christ is all about. You could if you wanted to. But I suspect you’re not interested. And that’s Ok.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 04:391 edit
    @plantermoo said
    No Christian “recites” beliefs. They have beliefs that are more real to them than any beliefs in the temporal world.
    If they are typing claims and texts into posts on a message board, then they are reciting them.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 04:42
    @plantermoo said
    And because you’re not a Christian, you view faith as a psychological disposition and ideology.
    All religious beliefs are ideologies. Not just Christian ones. When a believer's faith makes him or her believe in things like their own immortality, regardless of their religion, it is reasonable and neutral to describe such a thing as a psychological disposition

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree