1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 04:45
    @plantermoo said
    Doesn’t mean your viewpoint is correct; just means you don’t understand or know what a relationship with Jesus Christ is all about.
    I am fully aware of what Christians mean when they talk about their faith and belief regarding their "relationship with Jesus Christ". I understand it very well.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 05:32
    @plantermoo said
    No Christian “recites” beliefs.
    How do you know this?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 07:51
    @divegeester said
    How do you know this?
    Because the Biblical definition of a Christian as found in John 3:16, Romans 10:9, John 6:40, John 11:25 and Acts 16:30-31 talks about belief not recitation.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 07:53
    The word “recites” implies insincerity. At least that’s the way I took it (and the way I think it was intended.)
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 08:29
    @plantermoo said
    The word “recites” implies insincerity. At least that’s the way I took it (and the way I think it was intended.)
    How about 'regurgitates'? Is there less insincerity in regurgitates?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 08:46
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    How about 'regurgitates'? Is there less insincerity in regurgitates?
    I’d say there’s more insincerity in regurgitates.

But it’s kind of pointless to discuss with atheists.

“But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”

(1 Corinthians 2:14)
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 08:47
    @plantermoo said
    I’d say there’s more insincerity in regurgitates.

But it’s kind of pointless to discuss with atheists.

“But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”

(1 Corinthians 2:14)
    Thanks for the regurgitation.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 08:49
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Thanks for the regurgitation.
    It would serve you well to contemplate on that verse.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 08:52
    @plantermoo said
    It would serve you well to contemplate on that verse.
    And you this:

Psalm 75:5

Do not lift up your horn on high,
    Do not speak with insolent pride.’”
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 09:34
    @plantermoo said
    Because the Biblical definition of a Christian as found in John 3:16, Romans 10:9, John 6:40, John 11:25 and Acts 16:30-31 talks about belief not recitation.
    the Biblical definition of a Christian ... talks about belief not recitation.

"Belief" and "recitation" are not in any sense mutally exclusive.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 13:08
    @plantermoo said
    Why wouldn’t one of these “Christians” be in a position to “recite” those beliefs?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 13:11
    @plantermoo said
    Of course it doesn’t.

The Torah was “recited” every day in the synagogues of Jesus’ time.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 14:38
    @fmf said
    I am fully aware of what Christians mean when they talk about their faith and belief regarding their "relationship with Jesus Christ". I understand it very well.
    Christians are full of boastful talk about their profession of faith, as demonstrated in this thread. Ask them about the lifestyle that Paul and the Apostles lived, and if their church follows that as well. Here is one example:

And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles. And all that believed were together, and had all things common; And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved. (Acts 2:42-47 KJV)

Jesus said :
    He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. (John 14:21 KJV)

Those who keep the commandments are the ones that love Jesus Christ.
    These are the ones who will enter the Kingdom of God.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 18:07
    @fmf said
    the Biblical definition of a Christian ... talks about belief not recitation.

"Belief" and "recitation" are not in any sense mutally exclusive.
    Recitation, in my mind, implies insincerity. In that way, it’s incompatible with saving belief.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 18:08
    @divegeester said
    Why wouldn’t one of these “Christians” be in a position to “recite” those beliefs?
    Recitation, in my mind, implies insincerity. In that way, it’s incompatible with saving belief.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree