1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '22 05:50
    @kevin-eleven said
    Also: speaking as someone who was falsely identified as a returning banned member (Robbie Carrobie) and mistreated accordingly by my own personal Javert, I request that everyone be careful with their paranoid witch-hunts.
    Get a life.
  2. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    22 Jul '22 05:55
    @divegeester said
    Get a life.
    Quoted for reference.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '22 06:07
    @kevin-eleven said
    Quoted for reference.
    Reference to what?
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    22 Jul '22 08:33
    @suzianne said
    We plainly have some people coming back almost instantly with a new name. I agree that a waiting period before they can use the forums would be beneficial. And some of those coming back get to come back simply because they pony up the dough. So I'd be against an exemption for paying members. If you're going to have a waiting period for the forums, it should be for ALL ne ...[text shortened]... is actually a returner, because they post right away, talking about other users like they know them.
    I look on the help forum.
    You get newcomers on there who have queries about the system.
    If they're not allowed to ask questions they may just not bother with the site and go somewhere else.
    I think most of us can see when someone,with whatever name,is posting for devilment and just ignore the posts.Replying to them is what they want.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    22 Jul '22 14:49
    @venda said
    If they're not allowed to ask questions they may just not bother with the site and go somewhere else.
    I think most of us can see when someone,with whatever name,is posting for devilment and just ignore the posts.Replying to them is what they want.
    Then you can make only the help forum accessible to new posters within the waiting period.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Jul '22 18:59
    @venda said
    The Help Forum can be an easy exception.
  7. Standard memberBeowulf
    Misfit King
    Moves
    22 Jul '22 20:37
    ok everyone it's nappy time! 👶
  8. Standard memberBeowulf
    Misfit King
    Moves
    23 Jul '22 00:58
    Wakey Wakey young Liberals!

Time to get up and receive your trophies! 🤗
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jul '22 09:39
    @ponderable said
    So I understand that that order of letters should be banned?

Or "scum" as such, as with the more colloquial term for excrements?
    Thanks for the attempted defection.

Do you approve of subscribers calling non subscribers “non sub scum”? Or maybe just those who aren’t in your little club.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jul '22 09:39
    @kevin-eleven said
    When was the last time he did that?
    Why do you need to know that?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jul '22 09:40
    @vivify said
    Then you can make only the help forum accessible to new posters within the waiting period.
    Why are you so concerned about it?
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Jul '22 15:47
    @beowulf said
    @vivify

Try buying a membership before you complain.
    Get out, Contend. Now.
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Jul '22 15:53
    @vivify said
    Banned posters keep returning under new accounts only to continue the same behavior that got them banned.

A waiting period should be implemented like for provisional ratings. A certain number of games must be played before getting a rating; this should be used for new posters to slow down the time before a banned poster returns to the forums.

This would be especiall ...[text shortened]... who get banned multiple times as some of them may get tired of putting in the effort just to troll.
    I'm not sure about a waiting period for truly new subscribers, but it would be a positive thing at least if the "moderators" of this site would grow a pair and kick the obvious scum out as soon as it becomes obvious, rather than - as they do now - letting any banned lowlife return and pull the same excrement they did before, under a new name.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jul '22 16:06
    @shallow-blue said
    I'm not sure about a waiting period for truly new subscribers, but it would be a positive thing at least if the "moderators" of this site would grow a pair and kick the obvious scum out as soon as it becomes obvious, rather than - as they do now - letting any banned lowlife return and pull the same excrement they did before, under a new name.
    I’ve seen lots of abusive posters with multiple accounts banned permanently.

Who are you thinking of specifically?
  15. Standard memberBeowulf
    Misfit King
    Moves
    23 Jul '22 19:32
    @Shallow-Blue

I've also seen a lot of abusive posters who have never been banned...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree