1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '21 06:26
    @suzianne said
    I think you are too sorely butt-hurt at being the recipient of forum disagreement (as counted in 'thumbs' ) for the consistently abrasive things you say to be coherent in your rage-affect.

To claim there are actually "thumbing cliques" conspiring against you for some totally unknown reason is the heighth of paranoia.

Put down the J, and take a nap.
    Why not contribute to the discussion about instead of making your post a personal attack in order to draw some thumbs up?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '21 06:27
    @kevin-eleven said
    If you don't like it here, just take your business elsewhere.
    This is “site ideas” Keven Eleven.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '21 06:28
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Nobody is suggesting that, as you well know.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '21 06:29
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Didn't you recently receive a ban for vapid posting?
    Did you want to contribute to the discussion of just join Suzianne and Keven Eleven with their vapid posts?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '21 06:32
    @venda said
    I can only repeat what I have said before.
    If you don't like the thumb system don't use it or look at it
    This is one alternative for individuals and certainly something to be considered. The topic in play is about wether your suggestion actually works on a day to day basis to reduce the conflict in the forums. Ostensibly it doesn’t.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Nov '21 06:33

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '21 06:33
    @suzianne said

Put down the J, and take a nap.
    What’s “J”?

Is this some sort of abuse?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '21 12:262 edits
    My point isn’t “idiotic” and you are mistaken in you claim that limiting or removing the thumbing facility will squash free speech.

I am making my point in this thread succinctly and without abusing you or anyone else and I’m not going to tolerate it from you. Just contribute to the discussion without resorting to actually trying to quash MY free speech.
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    24 Nov '21 13:43
    There is no 'speech' about red thumbs, that's just the point. A red thumb is just a red thumb, and 'says' nothing of any intellectual worth.
    I posted saying 'Grass is Green' in the GF and got two thumbs down, I mean really, what does that mean?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Nov '21 17:541 edit
    @indonesia-phil said
    There is no 'speech' about red thumbs, that's just the point. A red thumb is just a red thumb, and 'says' nothing of any intellectual worth.
    I posted saying 'Grass is Green' in the GF and got two thumbs down, I mean really, what does that mean?
    Gang alerting and gang thumbing of posts have been a blight on the forums, especially the general forum.

Gang alerting posts has been dealt with, stopped by Russ applying limits, yes moonbus…limits, to the amount of alerts which can be made in a day, and only by subscribers. This was one of the best incremental improvements to this site in recent time.

The appeal is now to limit or removed completely the thumbing system. I’d be happy with either as either would stop the minions in the cliques generating heat in the GF with what is essentially jejune passive aggressive bullying.
  11. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    25 Nov '21 22:231 edit
    @divegeester said
    Gang alerting and gang thumbing of posts have been a blight on the forums, especially the general forum.

Gang alerting posts has been dealt with, stopped by Russ applying limits, yes moonbus…limits, to the amount of alerts which can be made in a day, and only by subscribers. This was one of the best incremental improvements to this site in recent time.

The appeal ...[text shortened]... n the cliques generating heat in the GF with what is essentially jejune passive aggressive bullying.
    First: please provide evidence that gang-alerting or gang-thumbing is occurring or has ever occurred. The appearance of collusion or conspiracy is not proof of same. We would need incontestable evidence beyond whatever red-string cat's cradle you have connecting the dots in your head.

Second: if I'm not mistaken, a high number of thumbs of either color does not present the same burden for the moderators as a high number of alerts did or would.

Perhaps for someone like you, who many might consider to be or to have been a chronic forum provocateur, this issue indicates a need to reflect on your own level of sensitivity and reactivity when it comes to the thumbing system.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '21 06:01
    @kevin-eleven said
    First: please provide evidence that gang-alerting or gang-thumbing is occurring or has ever occurred.
    What am I your gofer? You’re a part time attendee here, so if you want to know what happened I suggest you go and look back at the threads. Or…

Go and speak to the site owner who on observing the evidence immediately made the alterations to the site functionality.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '21 06:02
    @kevin-eleven said
    Second: if I'm not mistaken, a high number of thumbs of either color does not present the same burden for the moderators as a high number of alerts did or would.
    So?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '21 06:08
    @kevin-eleven said
    Perhaps for someone like you, who many might consider to be or to have been a chronic forum provocateur, this issue indicates a need to reflect on your own level of sensitivity and reactivity when it comes to the thumbing system.
    Well this is bunch of conjecture from you.

If you bother to take a step back from your anti-divegeester angst, you’ll notice that this is not my thread, not my topic. I couldn’t care less about thumbing up or down. My point here in this thread through is well made, that it is very important for some and for the reasons I’ve stated.

You would do well to apply seem objectivity to this topic and to your posting, and consider the benefits of both sides of the discussion.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Nov '21 06:31
    @divegeester said

The appeal ...[text shortened]... n the cliques generating heat in the GF with what is essentially jejune passive aggressive bullying.
    There is, and has never been, such a thing as "Gang Alerting" or "Gang Thumbing". You just intend to claim that such exists in order to push your agenda of silencing those who criticize you.

You had the alerts limited and then you immediately went on a rampage of abuse against me, and my only recourse was to alert the most abusive of those posts, leaving me zero option but to leave the rest unalerted. So you got your wish. Posts that deserved to be removed end up staying up because no one alerts them because your abuse lasted quite awhile and my minimal number of alerts had long been used up. And then you actually had the balls to tell me that if I didn't like your posts to alert them. But you had long since had the alert system neutered.

Now you, the recipient of most thumbs, due to your abrasive and abusive posting style (NOT thumbing "cliques" ), are trying to get thumbs neutered as well.

You are one of the worst posters ever on this site, and if you succeed in your quest to remove free speech, JUST because you don't like what people say about you, then I'm afraid I'm done. I will not remain a paying member of a site that would rather ruin the site by sucking up to the worst segment of that site.

You want your little kingdom? I hope you enjoy your Empire of One, because that is what it will become after you succeed in securing your Personal Echo Chamber.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree