1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '21 06:411 edit
    @suzianne said
    There is, and has never been, such a thing as "Gang Alerting" or "Gang Thumbing".
    You are ostensibly incorrect. And you personally have been involved in both activities.

Firstly Russ has prevented gang alerting of posts by applying new coding. I’m sure he didn’t go to that effort for something which never existed.

Gang thumbing has been around since the early days of the forums when “recommendations” were introduced. I saw it happening in clubs and clans I was in. TSM, PFC etc. Members such as @Red-Night were leaders. You were in the thick of it, pretending otherwise is risible.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '21 06:482 edits
    @suzianne said
    You had the alerts limited and then you immediately went on a rampage of abuse against me, and my only recourse was to alert the most abusive of those posts, leaving me zero option but to leave the rest unalerted. So you got your wish. Posts that deserved to be removed end up staying up because no one alerts them because your abuse lasted quite awhile and my minimal number ...[text shortened]... at if I didn't like your posts to alert them. But you had long since had the alert system neutered.
    The site owner looked at what was happening and clearly it wasn’t how you describe. You seem to live in a world of imagined victimhood where dark forces conspire against you.

You not agreeing with a post, not liking the content, not liking the poster etc doesn’t not mean it should be removed. At the time Russ reacted and changed the system to prevent you and your buddies gang alerting posts, there was whole threads being removed by the moderators, threads peppered with posts alerted sometimes a dozen times for the purpose of confounding the moderation process and ensuring the thread was removed.

Russ limiting alerts and limiting them to only subscribing members was absolutely the right thing to do. You’re just pissed because it halted your efforts to control forum content which you disapproved of.

On the matter of me abusing you I suggest you write to the site administration using the “send feedback” process and have me disciplined.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '21 06:491 edit
    @suzianne said
    You are one of the worst posters ever on this site, and if you succeed in your quest to remove free speech, JUST because you don't like what people say about you, then I'm afraid I'm done. I will not remain a paying member of a site that would rather ruin the site by sucking up to the worst segment of that site.
    I refer you to the last comment of my previous post.

Edit; in this last week I alerted one of your posts due to the level of abuse within it which was aimed at me, the moderator removed it almost instantly. I mention this simply for context.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '21 06:50
    @suzianne said
    You want your little kingdom? I hope you enjoy your Empire of One, because that is what it will become after you succeed in securing your Personal Echo Chamber.
    Oh dear.
  5. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    27 Nov '21 17:30
    I wonder what happened to Red Night 🤔
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '21 20:02
    @contenchess said
    I wonder what happened to Red Night 🤔
    Probably got thumbed down to extinction.
  7. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    27 Nov '21 20:22
    Poor guy 😔
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    27 Nov '21 23:452 edits
    @divegeester said
    You’re just pissed because it halted your efforts to control forum content which you disapproved of.
    Conversely, couldn't we say that your support of changes to the alert and thumbing systems constitutes an effort to control or diminish disapproval of forum content?
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    27 Nov '21 23:53
    @divegeester said
    you’ll notice that this is not my thread, not my topic.
    I'd estimate you have written at least half the posts in this thread.
  10. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    28 Nov '21 00:44
    @divegeester said
    ostensibly
    I do appreciate your large active vocabulary.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '21 08:18
    @kevin-eleven said
    Conversely, couldn't we say that your support of changes to the alert and thumbing systems constitutes an effort to control or diminish disapproval of forum content?
    Only if you classify a red or a green thumb icon as “content”.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '21 08:18
    @kevin-eleven said
    I'd estimate you have written at least half the posts in this thread.
    Thanks for the update, let’s hope it’s accurate as people are making big decisions based on it.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '21 08:191 edit
    @kevin-eleven said
    I do appreciate your large active vocabulary.
    Another update on your current emotional condition, thank you Kevin Eleven.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '21 08:21
    @contenchess said
    Poor guy 😔
    How do you feel your thread has turned out. Like Keven Eleven have you been assessing % contributions from posters you disapprove of?
  15. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    28 Nov '21 14:03
    @divegeester

LoL Kevin 7/11 is lame. 😒

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree