On this day

On this day

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
01 Nov 19

60 years ago today (2nd Nov)
The first section of the M1 motorway is opened.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
01 Nov 19

Today my little avatar bunny Rocky was relieved of his illness and set free to run in the wild flowered meadows of the sky...

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
02 Nov 19

@drewnogal said
Today my little avatar bunny Rocky was relieved of his illness and set free to run in the wild flowered meadows of the sky...
Aw! I’m sorry Drew...

Happy heavenly hopping, Rocky Rabbit, wherever you are.

Gothenburg

Moves
02 Nov 19

@drewnogal said
He will always love you.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Nov 19

@drewnogal said
I can see from your years of profile pics that rabbits are important to you. Cute animals, never known anyone who had them as a domestic pet though. My condolences on your loss of Rocky.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Nov 19

On this day in 1922

English explorers Lord Carnarvon and Howard Carter discovered the Tomb of King Tutankhamen, in the Valley of the Kings near Luxor, Egypt. It had been undisturbed since 1337 BC. The historical treasures of Tutankhamen are currently on display at the Saatchi Gallery, London.

https://tutankhamun-london.com/tickets/

On this day in 1952

Queen Elizabeth II opened her first Parliament.

Read a book!

Moves
04 Nov 19

@divegeester said
On this day in 1922

English explorers Lord Carnarvon and Howard Carter discovered the Tomb of King Tutankhamen, in the Valley of the Kings near Luxor, Egypt. It had been undisturbed since 1337 BC. The historical treasures of Tutankhamen are currently on display at the Saatchi Gallery, London.

https://tutankhamun-london.com/tickets/
On this date in 2007, the face of King Tut was unveiled in public for the first time, 85 years after the 3,200-year-old boy pharaoh's tomb and mummy were discovered. Observers agreed that he didn't look a day over 2,500.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
08 Nov 19

500 years ago today (8th Nov)

Aztec ruler Moctezuma welcomes Cortés into Tenochtitlán with a great celebration.

Didn't turn out too well for the Aztec people ...

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Nov 19

On this day Novemeber 8th one of my brothers was born.

-VR

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
08 Nov 19

This day in history. 1225. Count Engelbert II of Berg, archbishop of Cologne was murdered by his cousin Count Frederick of Isenberg, for snagging his strudel.

twitterpedia

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Nov 19

@rookie54 said
This day in history. 1225. Count Engelbert II of Berg, archbishop of Cologne was murdered by his cousin Count Frederick of Isenberg, for snagging his strudel.

twitterpedia
LOL...Really worth knowing a good one for a trivia question!!! 😉

-VR

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Nov 19

On this day in 1971...

The untitled fourth studio album by the English rock band Led Zeppelin, commonly known as Led Zeppelin IV, was released on 8 November 1971. The album is notable for featuring “Stairway to Heaven” which became one of the group’s signature songs.

Led Zep lV is one of the best-selling albums of all time with more than 37 million copies sold as of 2014. As of 2018 It is tied for third-highest-certified album in the US by the Recording Industry Association of America at 23× Platinum and appears in the top 5 of all top albums official rankings along with titles such as Thriller, Hotel California and Dark Side of the Moon.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Nov 19

On this day in 1979...

Saw the UK release of the controversial comedy film Monty Python's "Life of Brian". The film tells the story of Brian Cohen, a young Jewish man who is born on the same day as, and next door to, Jesus Christ and is subsequently mistaken for the Messiah.

EMI withdrew funding days before production was scheduled to begin and financing was arranged by former Beatle George Harrison who was a long time Monty Python fan.

Thirty-nine local authorities in the UK imposed an outright ban and some countries banned its showing for decades.

Moves
09 Nov 19

@divegeester said
On this day in 1979...

Saw the UK release of the controversial comedy film Monty Python's "Life of Brian". The film tells the story of Brian Cohen, a young Jewish man who is born on the same day as, and next door to, Jesus Christ and is subsequently mistaken for the Messiah.

EMI withdrew funding days before production was scheduled to begin and financing was arran ...[text shortened]... cal authorities in the UK imposed an outright ban and some countries banned its showing for decades.
You might have also mentioned that it is side-splittingly hilarious.
Some folks just don't enjoy good satirical humor.
I wonder if it hurts?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10 Nov 19

Would You Believe?
Walt Disney begins serving as an informer for the Los Angeles office of the FBI; his job is to report back information on Hollywood subversives.

On November 10, 1940