If masks work why is covid increasing?

If masks work why is covid increasing?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
18 Nov 20

@cheesemaster said
@vivify

Covid is increasing world wide.
Do you blame Trump for everything?πŸ™„
Pretty easy to blame Trump for what he didn't do though! πŸ˜‰

-VR

MB

Moves
18 Nov 20

@kevcvs57 said
So this guy is arguing that masks be excluded from PPE in hospitals is he?
The next time you go for surgery you’d better make sure the O.R staff are not wearing masks.
Utterly retarded argument. Hanky’s work, Masks work, especially when combined with social distancing, hand washing and some lockdown measures, end of debate.
No, he never said that.

You need to learn more about masks and why surgeons wear them. They don't wear them all day and they dispose of them after they use them.

The surgeon general explained why. Did you refuse to read what you didn't want to know?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
18 Nov 20
1 edit

@vivify said
Because of an abhorrent cretin in the White House who actively mocked people for wearing masks, continually lies saying COVID is no big deal, despite admitting on a recording that he knows it's 5 times deadlier than the flu, and keeps having super-spreader rallies with large groups of people packed together with no masks.

And large numbers of Trump supporters deliberately ignoring masks and social-distancing measures because Trump said to "not be afraid of COVID".
Completely agree with you.

He has made things worst.

Thank God he will soon be gone....Hopefully forgotten in a few years!

People can't seem to see through his lies for some reason he has a following like a cult.

-VR

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
18 Nov 20

@very-rusty said
Completely agree with you.

He has made things worst.

Thank God he will soon be gone....Hopefully forgotten in a few years!

People can't seem to see through his lies for some reason he has a following like a cult.

-VR
I can see right thru his lies.
The other week he said that all troops would be pulled out of Afghanistan before the new year. What bullcrap.

I take it in stride. What people do is weigh the plusses v. minuses,

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
18 Nov 20
1 edit

@earl-of-trumps said
The other week he said that all troops would be pulled out of Afghanistan before the new year. What bullcrap.

The way I see it if Trumps lips are moving good chance he is telling a lie. πŸ˜‰

It is like the never ending nightmare.

-VR

😏

Moves
18 Nov 20

@earl-of-trumps said

Kinda like Obama saying "elect me and I will bring the troops home!"

He sent more to die. πŸ€—

All politicians lie.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
18 Nov 20
1 edit

@mghrn55
He looks like Tom Selleck. How much more proof do you need?

Edit: oops, it looks like we're back to the "Everything is Trumps fault" subject again.
I can hardly wait until it's all Bidens fault.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Nov 20

@Earl-of-Trumps
But you clearly think the pluses of Trump outweigh the minuses..

😏

Moves
18 Nov 20

@lemon-lime said
@mghrn55
Still famous in third world countries I might add 😎

😏

Moves
19 Nov 20

@lemon-lime said
@mghrn55

Edit: oops, it looks like we're back to the "Everything is Trumps fault" subject again.
I can hardly wait until it's all Bidens fault.
Nah they blamed Bush for Obamas faults and Biden will get a free pass with them blaming Trump.

2024 will be interesting πŸ€”

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
19 Nov 20
1 edit

@cheesemaster said
Kinda like Obama saying "elect me and I will bring the troops home!"

He sent more to die. πŸ€—

All politicians lie.
That's true.

They virtually all lie and more than that. That is because they know there is no punishment for their lies and misdeeds.
people are soooooooo entranced with the pol

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
19 Nov 20

@sonhouse said
@Earl-of-Trumps
But you clearly think the pluses of Trump outweigh the minuses..
I think the plusses to Trump outweigh a democrat.

yes.

by far.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
19 Nov 20

@earl-of-trumps said
I watched it.

I'm surprised at you, Pondy. This thread has nothing to do with infomercials about seat belts. In German, to boot. lol
The point is actually that there were people who fought against seat belts, since it limited their freedom. Today it is a no brainer that wearing seat belts is a good idea.

Über-Nerd

Moves
19 Nov 20
1 edit

@ponderable said
The point is actually that there were people who fought against seat belts, since it limited their freedom. Today it is a no brainer that wearing seat belts is a good idea.
There were, perhaps still are, motorcyclists in America who claim that mandatory helmet laws infringe their freedom. Crashing a motorcycle without a helmet could literally be a no-brainer. I've been away from the States a while so I don't know whether such laws were eventually passed.

However that may be, there are two significant differences between a mandatory helmet or seatbelt law and a mandatory mask law.

1) A mandatory helmet/seatbelt law is forever, whereas a mandatory mask law would be temporary.

2) Traffic accidents are not contagious, COVID is. If some motorcyclist does not wear a helmet, or some motorist does not wear a seat belt, he does not thereby endanger anyone but himself, whereas the wearing of masks during a pandemic is primarily for the protection of others, as its primary purpose is to hinder the spread of the contagion. Yes, it's unpleasant to have one's freedom restricted by a mandatory mask law, but this must be weighed against others' rights not to be infected during a pandemic. "The rights of the many outweigh the right of the one."

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
19 Nov 20

Landmark Danish study shows face masks have no significant effect

In the end, there was no statistically significant difference between those who wore masks and those who did not when it came to being infected by Covid-19.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/do-masks-stop-the-spread-of-covid-19-

-------------------------------

Masks. No help.