If masks work why is covid increasing?

If masks work why is covid increasing?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MB

Moves
18 Nov 20

@moonbus said
Because masks are only part of the solution.

More people wearing masks isn't going to help unless a) other measures are also implemented and b) there is a high level of compliance. If three people in a closely packed crowd of 500 wear masks, it isn't going to help much, even if those three people represent a threefold increase over the previous crowd.

The reason why Am ...[text shortened]... supporters who recently rallied near the WH: most of the people in the crowd were not wearing masks.
Masks are not a solution at all.
U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams explained specifically why they don't work early on.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/surgeon-general-explains-masks-public-coronavirus

He then explained the reasons why.

“On an individual level, there was a study in 2015 looking at medical students and medical students wearing surgical masks touch their face on average 23 times,” Adams explained. “We know a major way that you can get respiratory diseases like coronavirus is by touching a surface and then touching your face so wearing a mask improperly can actually increase your risk of getting disease.”

Adams went on to say that wearing a face mask “can also give you a false sense of security." He added that "you see many of these pictures with people out and about closer than six feet to each other, but still wearing a mask.”

He noted that there are also consequences to wearing masks.

“We still have PPE [Personal protective equipment] shortages across the country,” Adams noted. “The WHO mentioned this in their statement so we want to make sure we are reserving PPE for the people who most need it. That's how you are going to get the largest effect because if healthcare workers get sick, they can't take care of you when you get sick.”

He wasn't making it up. There are real reasons face masks do more harm than good.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
18 Nov 20
1 edit

@Metal-Brain

"He wasn't making it up. There are real reasons face masks do more harm than good."

Yup. Yet they will insist we wear them lest we face heavy fines.

They have nothing to offer us. So they pick "the mask" to make it look like they are protecting us,

They're not. They can't. Nor can they admit it.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
18 Nov 20

@lemon-lime said
A fart particle has the characteristics of both a particle and a wave... and it travels very fast.

if you don't believe me ask sonhouse
Well... it appears my a-steamed colleague will not be coming here to back me up.

MB

Moves
18 Nov 20

@earl-of-trumps said
@Metal-Brain

"He wasn't making it up. There are real reasons face masks do more harm than good."

Yup. Yet they will insist we wear them lest we face heavy fines.

They have nothing to offer us. So they pick "the mask" to make it look like they are protecting us,

They're not. They can't. Nor can they admit it.
Not sure about states other than MI, but here all you have to do is assert your rights. Say you have a medical exemption. Simple.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/09/allan-stevo/even-whitmers-mask-edicts-have-loopholes/

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
18 Nov 20
1 edit

North Dakota records world's highest COVID-19 mortality rate

TheHill.com
BY ZACK BUDRYK - 11/17/20 12:29 PM EST 1,485

North Dakota’s coronavirus mortality rate is the highest of any U.S. state or country, according to an analysis of data from last week conducted by the Federation of American Scientists.

The analysis, first reported by HuffPost, shows that North Dakota has a rate of 18.2 deaths per 1 million people. South Dakota, meanwhile, has 17.4 deaths per million, the third-worst rate in the world. The states have a total population of under 2 million.

---------------------

I'd like to point out that last April we had no masks, now we do. This surge is far more viral and deadly.

MASKS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING IS NOT THE ANSWER.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/526324-north-dakota-records-worlds-highest-covid-19-mortality-rate

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
18 Nov 20

@metal-brain said
Masks are not a solution at all.
U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams explained specifically why they don't work early on.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/surgeon-general-explains-masks-public-coronavirus

He then explained the reasons why.

“On an individual level, there was a study in 2015 looking at medical students and medical students wearing surgical masks touch ...[text shortened]... you get sick.”

He wasn't making it up. There are real reasons face masks do more harm than good.
So this guy is arguing that masks be excluded from PPE in hospitals is he?
The next time you go for surgery you’d better make sure the O.R staff are not wearing masks.
Utterly retarded argument. Hanky’s work, Masks work, especially when combined with social distancing, hand washing and some lockdown measures, end of debate.

😏

Moves
18 Nov 20

@lemon-lime said
Well... it appears my a-steamed colleague will not be coming here to back me up.
LoL

sonhouse has a temper these days 😆
I'll go see if I can find him 🤔

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
18 Nov 20

@earl-of-trumps said

[i]
TheHill.com
BY ZACK BUDRYK - 11/17/20 12:29 PM EST 1,485

North Dakota’s coronavirus mortality rate is the highest of any U.S. state or country, according to an analysis of data from last week conducted by the Federation of Americ ...[text shortened]... s://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/526324-north-dakota-records-worlds-highest-covid-19-mortality-rate
Please Earl, if you have 1000 peple who can infect how many infections and if you have one Million with even a much smaller reproduction rate how many?

China made, the USA didn't.

And please watch this Video and tell me About freedom:

https://www.volvocars.com/de/v/car-safety/a-million-more

MB

Moves
18 Nov 20

@kevcvs57 said
So this guy is arguing that masks be excluded from PPE in hospitals is he?
The next time you go for surgery you’d better make sure the O.R staff are not wearing masks.
Utterly retarded argument. Hanky’s work, Masks work, especially when combined with social distancing, hand washing and some lockdown measures, end of debate.
No. Why would you think that?

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
18 Nov 20

@metal-brain said
No. Why would you think that?
Because masks don’t work, or do they just not work in politicised scenarios?
You cannot have it both ways either they have an impact on person to person cross infection or they don’t.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
18 Nov 20

@ponderable said
Please Earl, if you have 1000 peple who can infect how many infections and if you have one Million with even a much smaller reproduction rate how many?

China made, the USA didn't.

And please watch this Video and tell me About freedom:

https://www.volvocars.com/de/v/car-safety/a-million-more
I watched it.

I'm surprised at you, Pondy. This thread has nothing to do with infomercials about seat belts. In German, to boot. lol

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Nov 20

@Cheesemaster
So you want US to do your research for you.

Why don't you actually ask a scientist or even google the question?

Your question just shows you are not interested in the answer but ONLY interested in knocking down ANY real answer.

You fool nobody.

You are a cultist Troll, card carrying Trump cultist.

😏

Moves
18 Nov 20

..and?

m

Moves
18 Nov 20

@cheesemaster said
..and?
You're not Tom Selleck.

😏

Moves