1. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 00:29
    @metal-brain said
    The Lancet has a poor reputation. This article explains why.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/lancetgate-why-monumental-fraud-not-huge-scandal/5721761
    The Lancet is one of the most, if not the most, respected medical journals in the world. The site www.globalresearch.ca, on the other hand, is not respected by anyone with any sense what-so-ever. Try using remotely credible sources.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 00:58

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '20 07:56
    @deepthought said
    The Lancet is one of the most, if not the most, respected medical journals in the world. The site www.globalresearch.ca, on the other hand, is not respected by anyone with any sense what-so-ever. Try using remotely credible sources.
    Let me get this straight. The Lancet helped to discredit HCQ by publishing data that was fabricated and later retracted and you still think the Lancet is worthy of praise?

I guess anything I have ever gotten wrong on this forum is worthy of praise. I didn't know screwing up and misleading the entire medical establishment was so admirable.

You have a funny idea of what is respectable. Your criteria is wacked.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Nov '20 07:14

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '20 05:27
    https://www.globalresearch.ca/mask-mandates-science-political-dogma/5732682
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '20 09:56
    “Seriously people- STOP BUYING MASKS!” US Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams complained Saturday on Twitter.

“They are NOT effective in preventing general public from catching #Coronavirus, but if healthcare providers can’t get them to care for sick patients, it puts them and our communities at risk!”

https://nypost.com/2020/03/01/us-surgeon-general-begs-people-to-stop-buying-masks-amid-coronavirus-panic/

US Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams later said the opposite was true and said he mislead the public because his knowledge changed. He actually compared his flip flop (The Hill's "Rising" is my source) to doctors using leaches and cocaine and heroin to treat people in the past and learned from mistakes.

He gave very specific reasons that masks don't work though. Did those reasons change? Nobody has said so that I am aware of. So how do we know he wasn't telling the truth the first time and lied later? It looks that way to me.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Dec '20 02:40
    @Metal-Brain
    Oh yeah, a tRUMPite says don't buy masks.

Then STEAL them.

They help slow the spread but for you, I can't wait till you get C19.

But I doubt even THAT would change your so-called mind.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Dec '20 11:05
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    Oh yeah, a tRUMPite says don't buy masks.

Then STEAL them.

They help slow the spread but for you, I can't wait till you get C19.

But I doubt even THAT would change your so-called mind.
    U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams once said they do more harm than good. Here is an excerpt from the link below:

“On an individual level, there was a study in 2015 looking at medical students and medical students wearing surgical masks touch their face on average 23 times,” Adams explained. “We know a major way that you can get respiratory diseases like coronavirus is by touching a surface and then touching your face so wearing a mask improperly can actually increase your risk of getting disease.”
    Adams went on to say that wearing a face mask “can also give you a false sense of security." He added that "you see many of these pictures with people out and about closer than six feet to each other, but still wearing a mask.”

He noted that there are also consequences to wearing masks.

“We still have PPE [Personal protective equipment] shortages across the country,” Adams noted. “The WHO mentioned this in their statement so we want to make sure we are reserving PPE for the people who most need it. That's how you are going to get the largest effect because if healthcare workers get sick, they can't take care of you when you get sick.”

https://www.foxnews.com/media/surgeon-general-explains-masks-public-coronavirus

Adams gave very specific reasons why wearing masks do NOT help and even said they could increase the spread of the disease. He didn't make it up and those reasons are still valid today.

This is an exaggerated pandemic to frighten people into accepting lockdowns to drive small businesses into bankruptcy so Bezos and all the other billionaires swallow up one third of the entire economy and impoverish us all.

What makes a person powerful isn't the amount of wealth he has, it is how much he has in relation to everyone else. They are striving for complete domination nobody can escape. By doing so they will kill far more people than C19 ever will.

They changed their minds and made us wear masks because they know it will make the virus spread faster. It was too slow to scare people and not enough people were dying to scare people so they created incentives for hospitals to falsely claim people died from C19 when it was other causes.

I used to assume they had to at least help a little too. I also didn't think they could hurt. Those were faulty assumptions on my part. They can and do more harm than good and everyone wearing masks help to foster fear as also.

There is no evidence they slow the spread. That is misinformation.
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    22 Dec '20 11:131 edit
    @metal-brain said
    U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams once said they do more harm than good. Here is an excerpt from the link below:

“On an individual level, there was a study in 2015 looking at medical students and medical students wearing surgical masks touch their face on average 23 times,” Adams explained. “We know a major way that you can get respiratory diseases like coronavirus is ...[text shortened]... help to foster fear as also.

There is no evidence they slow the spread. That is misinformation.
    We’ve had this conversation before. C19 is spread by the respiratory system and skin contact if you are wearing a mask you are without a shadow of a doubt dramatically reducing your chances of passing the virus to other people, also you need to regularly wash your hands / surfaces and wear gloves if possible.
    Your lying if you say that masks do help retard the spread of the virus but when did that ever stop you.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Dec '20 11:321 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    We’ve had this conversation before. C19 is spread by the respiratory system and skin contact if you are wearing a mask you are without a shadow of a doubt dramatically reducing your chances of passing the virus to other people, also you need to regularly wash your hands / surfaces and wear gloves if possible.
    Your lying if you say that masks do help retard the spread of the virus but when did that ever stop you.
    Prove I am lying. Saying it doesn't make it so.

You have no evidence of your claims. The Dutch government concluded there was no evidence they were effective and don't require them to be worn by the general public. They also said they give people a false sense of security possibly making it worse.

"you need to regularly wash your hands / surfaces and wear gloves if possible."

I agree with that. The problem is that mask wearing gives a false sense of security and some people wash their hands less and socially distance less. That is why it does more harm than good.

You can't prove me wrong. Childish lying isn't helping your case.
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    22 Dec '20 14:26
    @metal-brain said
    Prove I am lying. Saying it doesn't make it so.

You have no evidence of your claims. The Dutch government concluded there was no evidence they were effective and don't require them to be worn by the general public. They also said they give people a false sense of security possibly making it worse.

"you need to regularly wash your hands / surfaces and wear gloves if ...[text shortened]... hy it does more harm than good.

You can't prove me wrong. Childish lying isn't helping your case.
    You freaking idiot, I don’t have to prove a thing, it’s you that’s disagreeing with the glaringly freaking obvious.
    You need to come up with a theory of how putting a cloth mask over your nose and mouth does not impede the exhalation and travel of the droplets which contain the virus.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Dec '20 15:14
    @kevcvs57 said
    You freaking idiot, I don’t have to prove a thing, it’s you that’s disagreeing with the glaringly freaking obvious.
    You need to come up with a theory of how putting a cloth mask over your nose and mouth does not impede the exhalation and travel of the droplets which contain the virus.
    Then you are in the wrong forum. Debates are dependent on proving assertions. If it was easy to prove you would have done so by now. That is all that is obvious.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Dec '20 15:49
    @Metal-Brain
    We don't have to prove ANYTHING to an obvious troll like you.

Dialog with you is just a waste of our time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree