1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Sep '20 12:411 edit
    @wolfe63 said
    That's the most glaring point revealed during that unprecedented debacle.

Trump has chosen to supplant the dignity of the "Office of the Presidency" with his naive aspiration toward tyranny.

An aspiration that he and his "brownshirt wannabes" shall not obtain.

Many great men have fallen for the ideals of this nation.
    There are plenty left to see that they have not fallen in vain.
    Trump will get his. Stay strong.
    where is a lone gunman & a grassy knoll when you need one?
  2. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    30 Sep '20 13:34
    @mott-the-hoople said
    So you noticed Trump interupt biden, but not biden interupt Trump? Wallace did the same.

I especially liked the part where wallace helped biden explain the green new deal.
    I'll tell ya, the most important and contentious point is the Green New Deal.

At first, Biden said it would support itself. Then he said he did not support the Green New Deal.

This is not the time nor the issue to be flip-flopping on in the same hour!!
  3. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    30 Sep '20 13:35
    I agree the debate made me cringe for both Trump and Biden.
    Biden kept telling one lie after another and Trump just couldn't help himself and had to call him on it and interrupt, when he should have stayed silent and responded when it was his chance, but g damn it, who could blame him when Biden was just accusing him of all kinds of stuff he didn't do and then trying to take credit for all kinds of things he and Obama didn't do?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Sep '20 13:48
    @wolfe63 said
    When you say "flimsy ubiquitous excuse" are you suggesting that there's a reason to engage in another "broadly flaccid embarrassment"?
    Yes, I think the debates show these privileged pricks for what they are.
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    30 Sep '20 13:53
    Maybe the Dems should have chosen Bernie.

πŸ€”
  6. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    30 Sep '20 14:38
    @dood111 said
    Biden kept telling one lie after another and Trump just couldn't help himself and had to call him on it and interrupt, when he should have stayed silent and responded when it was his chance, but g damn it, who could blame him when Biden was just accusing him of all kinds of stuff he didn't do and then trying to take credit for all kinds of things he and Obama didn't do?
    Wow dropping an acid tab and watching a Presidential debate that must have been entertaining.
  7. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    30 Sep '20 15:10
    @kevcvs57 said
    Wow dropping an acid tab and watching a Presidential debate that must have been entertaining.
    I was eatin' acid in the 60's but I've been straight since about 1974. I slid once around 1995 and did a taste of blotter.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Sep '20 17:30
    @dood111 said
    A little bit of education could go a long way with you Republicans.

There were stretches during the debate where minutes went by and everything out of Trump's mouth was a lie. But you, you buy into his lies and so you think it was Biden lying. So you fell for the con man's lies. Again. How embarrassing for you.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Sep '20 17:363 edits
    @wolfe63 said
    That's the most glaring point revealed during that unprecedented debacle.

Trump has chosen to supplant the dignity of the "Office of the Presidency" with his naive aspiration toward tyranny.

An aspiration that he and his "brownshirt wannabes" shall not obtain.

Many great men have fallen for the ideals of this nation.
    There are plenty left to see that they have not fallen in vain.
    Trump will get his. Stay strong.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/proud-boys-celebrate-after-trump-s-debate-call-out-n1241512

The Proud Boys, a far-right extremist group, pledged allegiance to President Donald Trump on Tuesday night after he told the group to "stand back and stand by" during the first presidential debate.

On their account on the social media app Telegram, the Proud Boys appeared to take the statement as marching orders.

First Trump calls out Russia for help "finding the emails" during the debate in 2016 and now this. Telling the Proud Boys, a white supremacist group, which he didn't just fail to condemn, he REFUSED to condemn them, and now here he is issuing them orders. They now have a new logo, with Trump's words on it. "Stand back and stand by."

WHEN IS ENOUGH ENOUGH?
  10. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    30 Sep '20 18:17
    @earl-of-trumps said
    I'll tell ya, the most important and contentious point is the Green New Deal.

At first, Biden said it would support itself. Then he said he did not support the Green New Deal.

This is not the time nor the issue to be flip-flopping on in the same hour!!
    Maybe Biden should have said that he would implement the Green New Deal within 2 weeks if elected President.
    That would have ensured that it would never happen.

No, wait !!!
    That’s Trumps’s new health care plan !!
    My bad. Never mind. πŸ˜›
  11. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    30 Sep '20 18:302 edits
    @Suzianne - WHEN IS ENOUGH ENOUGH?

It may be just the beginning. Who knows?

The liberal mayors of Seattle and Portland are playing a fool's game. They leave the violent
    BLM and antifa groups out there, tempting opposition groups to come in and engage.
    I think it is just a matter of time, and then, who knows how high things escalate.

Before it reaches that point, I seriously think the two mayors - and the governors of those states
    (Washington Oregon) be told, if you don't get the provocateur's off your streets,
    you will be charged with dereliction of duty.

But Trump won't do that.
  12. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    30 Sep '20 18:33
    @mghrn55 said
    Maybe Biden should have said that he would implement the Green New Deal within 2 weeks if elected President.

No, wait !!!
    My bad. Never mind. πŸ˜›
    I'm thinking of starting a thread on the Green New Deal and America's debt bomb.

We'll see.
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    30 Sep '20 20:46
    Q. What is the difference between Trump / Biden One and this:

YouTube

A. One of them is funny.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 Sep '20 20:54
    @no1marauder said
    I didn't say anything about Biden "not turning up" for the debates if they are held.

I said they should be cancelled by their sponsors.

Or at a minimum, steps should be taken to prevent Trump for consistently violating the rules he agreed to. Perhaps a debater's microphone should be deactivated during the two minute period the other candidate is given to answer a moderator's question.
    "The Commission on Presidential Debates announced Wednesday that it is considering format changes for remaining debates after President Donald Trump repeatedly disregarded the rules, resulting in a chaotic debate that lacked in substantive policy conversation.

"Last night’s debate made clear that additional structure should be added to the format of the remaining debates to ensure a more orderly discussion of the issues," the CPD said in a statement. "The CPD will be carefully considering the changes that it will adopt and will announce those measures shortly."

The CPD works with both candidates ahead of the debates to arrive at an agreed-upon set of rules. Changing the structure of the debates at the last minute is highly unusual and a testament to just how out of control Tuesday night's event was.

The rules specified that the candidates would generally get two uninterrupted minutes to answer most questions, but from the beginning, Trump began interrupting and hectoring Biden during his responses, and the debate quickly deteriorated.

It is unclear exactly what changes the CPD will propose, but a source close to the commission said it was considering the ability to cut off a candidate’s microphone when the rules are violated."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/presidential-debate-organizers-promise-format-changes-after-tuesday-night-chaos-n1241583

Good to see the CPD reads my posts in the RHP Debate Forum. πŸ˜‰
  15. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    30 Sep '20 21:18
    @mghrn55 said

No, wait !!!
    My bad. Never mind. πŸ˜›
    Biden should have said SOMETHING> And, Trump should have made him answer, are you for fracking, or agin it??! Frankly Biden should actually offer to tell people what he is going to do. About everything.. When asked are for packing the court,, he did not answer. Trump answers questions .

How bout 'I am the Democratic party" and he insulted Bernie. Then, he said I am the Democratic Party"!! Uhh, Kamala is not the Democratic party. Now you know why we dont want Joe elected.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree