1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    01 Oct '20 20:17
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Washington Post and other leading newspapers today are calling for no more debates!

Translate that as "Trump smoked him".

Thanks for playing, Joe.
    Er, no. It's because the first so-called debate was a farce.
  2. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    01 Oct '20 20:35
    @suzianne said
    This is the result of this "Age of Trump". Conservatives now think it's perfectly acceptable to lie as much as you want and to be as offensive as you want. Another reason to get rid of this stain upon America.
    This is off-subject, but was the coup to bring down the president from day #1 with a russia hoax, etc,,,,Suzianne, was that a stain? And all these indictments are going to be issued, the spying, the knowing of the false info and yet pressing on... Suzianne, you will agree that that is a stain. But you have never written about that. Interesting . Up to now, I thought you were near perfect with your full and complete observations of the political landscape. Suzianne...........
  3. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    01 Oct '20 20:40
    @handyandy said
    Smoke nothing. A more accurate translation is: Trump's behavior is/was an embarrassment to all of us. If he needs to play, send him to a schoolyard.
    Biden was the first interruptor, by the way. Trump did indeed lose it when Biden would state one of his positions in DIRECT CONTRAST with that which he had said before, Trump could not believe it. WHAT?!?!?? You know. I dont think Trump has ever changed a position. You folks want this guy for president? Do you know right now if he is For fracking, or against it?
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    01 Oct '20 21:52
    @averagejoe1 said
    Biden was the first interruptor, by the way. Trump did indeed lose it when Biden would state one of his positions in DIRECT CONTRAST with that which he had said before, Trump could not believe it. WHAT?!?!?? You know. I dont think Trump has ever changed a position. You folks want this guy for president? Do you know right now if he is For fracking, or against it?
    Were you sober when you watched the debate?
  5. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    01 Oct '20 22:15
    @handyandy said
    Were you sober when you watched the debate?
    Yes, and also the news showing his flip-flopping. Libs need to man up, state your beliefs and stand by them, like Trump does. Who is the man, Handy? Trump, or milquetoast Biden who reminds me of Barney on Andy Griffith. Did you notice he had his little wimpy pen in his hand at the debate, kept looking down at the podium (we had to see his hair-plugs, plagiarist hair plugs) to see what he was wanting to say?? Did you see that? What is wrong with him?

Trump was not making notes. A President does not effing make notes. So noted.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '20 22:39
    This John Roberts from Fox is kicking up a bit of sand!
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Oct '20 22:542 edits
    @averagejoe1 said
    AJ: I dont think Trump has ever changed a position.

You cannot possibly be serious.

Here's one of probably hundreds I could find: https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/video/trump-in-1999-i-am-very-pro-choice-480297539914

Here's one for laughs: YouTube
  8. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    01 Oct '20 23:58
    @no1marauder said
    AJ: I dont think Trump has ever changed a position.

You cannot possibly be serious.

Here's one of probably hundreds I could find: https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/video/trump-in-1999-i-am-very-pro-choice-480297539914

Here's one for laughs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtplCupGxZA
    Oh please. Position?
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    02 Oct '20 00:09
    @averagejoe1 said
    Oh please. Position?
    You don't think changing from "pro-choice" to "reversing Roe v. Wade" is a change of position?
  10. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    02 Oct '20 00:35
    @no1marauder said
    You don't think changing from "pro-choice" to "reversing Roe v. Wade" is a change of position?
    Oops i saw him fawning over Hillary, whom he now sees in her true colors.mea culpa. Now see your point. My best answer is that universally everyone has had to accept societal change. Everyone. He is Probably for gay marriage now when he certainly was not before. That of course is the same case with me. We just get over all that and move forward. Which is what he did. So I will say that he gets a pass on changing his mind on pro choice, having seen abortion first hand. But we are talking about political considerations like fracking or tearing down statues or white supremacy. Or the constitution, or basic conservative beliefs, the list goes on and on. If he changed his mind and decided the invaders from Mexico should be allowed in, I would probably vote for Biden. That is the serious stuff where Biden is changing his mind all the time. Trump is steadfast in his ways, Biden is not
  11. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    02 Oct '20 00:42
    @averagejoe1 said
    Yes, and also the news showing his flip-flopping. Libs need to man up, state your beliefs and stand by them, like Trump does. Who is the man, Handy? Trump, or milquetoast Biden who reminds me of Barney on Andy Griffith. Did you notice he had his little wimpy pen in his hand at the debate, kept looking down at the podium (we had to see his hair-plugs, plagiarist hair p ...[text shortened]... wrong with him?

Hair plugs are no worse than camouflage combing.

And it's true that Trump doesn't make notes. He can't read.

Any more childish pettiness?
  12. S. Korea
    Moves
    02 Oct '20 01:48
    To me, the most important aspect of the debate was everything that Biden did or did not do. Pres. Trump looked very much like he usually does, if not being even more Trumpesque than usual.

Biden held his own much better than we thought he would, but he had an incredibly placid expression the entire time. I would not be surprised to hear that he was under some pharmaceuticals to keep his attention active, and to subdue the guy who has challenged voters who asked him hard questions to his face to fights (the famous Iowa primary incident). He is not so predictable and is a liability to himself whenever he opens his mouth -- I imagine he will be the most highly medicated President we've ever had if he is elected.

It was also interesting to see his face the whole time.

He frequently looked down, and in spite of the calm expression, he seemed incredibly uncomfortable. His eyes always appeared to be a bit wet, like the guy could break into tears. In a few places I thought that maybe even a Trump onslaught could bring some tears from Joe. I had some empathetic embarrassment for him.

It was a very strange performance.

If he did not have Nurse Chris there to take care of him, perhaps there would have been some tears.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Oct '20 04:22

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Oct '20 04:23
    @averagejoe1 said
    Yes, and also the news showing his flip-flopping. Libs need to man up, state your beliefs and stand by them, like Trump does. Who is the man, Handy? Trump, or milquetoast Biden who reminds me of Barney on Andy Griffith. Did you notice he had his little wimpy pen in his hand at the debate, kept looking down at the podium (we had to see his hair-plugs, plagiarist hair p ...[text shortened]... wrong with him?

And you wonder why people disagree with you.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    02 Oct '20 04:25
    @philokalia said
    To me, the most important aspect of the debate was everything that Biden did or did not do. Pres. Trump looked very much like he usually does, if not being even more Trumpesque than usual.

Biden held his own much better than we thought he would, but he had an incredibly placid expression the entire time. I would not be surprised to hear that he was under some pharmaceu ...[text shortened]...
    If he did not have Nurse Chris there to take care of him, perhaps there would have been some tears.
    Having seen many loud drunks in bars, I would say Biden looked like the people who have to deal with them.

Unfortunately, there was no bouncer to toss the Donald out for his constant bad conduct in blatant violation of the debate rules he agreed to.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree