1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Feb '22 17:41
    I watched the whole series The Book of Boba Fett (the last episode, #7, aired this week on Disney+). I also saw both seasons of The Mandalorian as they came out, and there are key scenes in both with the other (meaning both stars have visited the other's show for a few episodes). Total fan service for this Star Wars geek from way back.

But the one scene that gave me chills was the first appearance of Cad Bane. Now I, like many others, was introduced to this character in the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars and they revisited the villain-you-love-to-hate in the animated series Star Wars: The Bad Batch. Unlike the first appearance of Ahsoka Tano in The Mandalorian season two, that they hyped for weeks beforehand, this appearance of Cad Bane was under wraps and took me completely by surprise. Corey Burton voiced the character in the animated versions and returned to voice the character in The Book of Boba Fett (while stuntman Dorian Kingi portrayed him physically). I was just as delighted to see a live-action version of Cad Bane as I was to see the live-action version of Ahsoka Tano (played by Rosario Dawson).

We had been without The Mandalorian since December 2020 when season two finished up, and this first season of The Book of Boba Fett serves to bridge the gap well between season two and season three of The Mandalorian, due out "Soon™". I'm glad that they have finally seen fit to give us more Boba Fett, as his total screen time in the Star Wars movies has been about 6 minutes. That's all we've seen of a character Star Wars fans have loved for years, and now we have a series which does him justice. George Lucas would have been proud to see this character come to life, albeit on the small screen. Temuera Morrison does a splendid job as an older Boba Fett in this series.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Feb '22 13:15
    Come on, really?

There's not at least one more Star Wars geek like me on here?
  3. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    16 Feb '22 19:391 edit
    I watched the first SW when it came out. Then it was on cable, saw it a lot. At one time I had a Darth Vader complete licenced mask. I sold it about 1986 for 4x what I payed for it.
    I used to scratch build model spacecraft and working Estes rockets. I wasn't really into sci fi though. I was into science.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Apr '22 01:03
    Can I bump this? I seriously thought there were more Star Wars fans here.

Maybe no one comes to the Culture Forum anymore, I dunno.
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    04 Apr '22 05:11
    I don’t frequent this forum.
    But I live Star Wars.
    Don’t know much about the extended universe.

Hated the first and last of that last trilogy.
    And I have major issues with dead people constantly returning.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    06 Apr '22 03:50
    I've never seen Star Wars but now that Disney owns the franchise, I'll check it out on Disney Plus.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Apr '22 09:02
    There's other stuff than just the 9 movies.

The Mandolorian and The Book of Boba Fett are two of the more recent stories.

Don't miss the animated stuff either.

There's 7 seasons of Star Wars: The Clone Wars that goes in deep to the lore. Everything on Disney+ is now canon, too, meaning it's all part of the same timeline, some earlier, some later.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    14 Apr '22 00:54
    Are midichlorians canon?
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Apr '22 09:10
    @athousandyoung said
    Are midichlorians canon?
    And if so, where is the planet Midichlore?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Apr '22 12:53
    @athousandyoung said
    Are midichlorians canon?
    They're mentioned in The Phantom Menace, so I assume so.
  11. The World
    Moves
    15 Apr '22 23:03
    I'm looking forward to a live action Thrawn, who I've been a fan of since reading 'Heir to the Empire' series when it was first released.

Was a bit disappointed with Book of Fett, as it became too much a Mandalorian series 2.5, there is so much more it could have been. Enjoyed it, but not as much as I'd hoped.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Apr '22 03:59
    @paul-a-roberts said
    I'm looking forward to a live action Thrawn, who I've been a fan of since reading 'Heir to the Empire' series when it was first released.

Was a bit disappointed with Book of Fett, as it became too much a Mandalorian series 2.5, there is so much more it could have been. Enjoyed it, but not as much as I'd hoped.
    Do you know that Timothy Zahn has re-released the Heir to the Empire series to make it flow better into the new canon that Disney adopted when they bought Star Wars from George Lucas? I also read it a long while back, but I'm thinking of buying the new ones so I can catch up with the changes.

Also, Thrawn makes an appearance over several episodes near the end of the animated series Rebels. It's worth spinning through the 2 or 3 seasons of Rebels to check it out. The series is good in it's own right.
  13. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    13 Jun '22 04:131 edit
    @suzianne said
    Come on, really?

There's not at least one more Star Wars geek like me on here?
    YouTube : Stars Wars nerds

YouTube : nerds waiting for movie
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jun '22 12:41
    @vivify said
    [youtube Stars Wars nerds]RpubRUManFg[/youtube]

[youtube nerds waiting for movie]7CzbXA53I24[/youtube]
    Geeks! Not "nerds".

I like the dog puppet, though.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jun '22 12:43
    @paul-a-roberts said

Yes, perhaps they'll take it another step with Season 2.

The Mandolorian, season 3, won't be here until December.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree