1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jun '22 12:45
    I'm digging on Obi-Wan Kenobi right now on Disney+.

Only 6 episodes, though. About halfway through.
  2. Joined
    01 Jun '22
    Moves
    13 Jun '22 23:241 edit
    I always thought the best Star Wars movie would be a sequel after the one where Luke and Princess Leia had a little crush and later found out they were brother and sister.

So the sequel would show a pregnant Princess Leia (They were naughty before they found out that they were related) so she runs off to some far off planet to give birth and abandon the incestuous child.

That child grows up with a sixth sense as to where his parents are in the universe and he builds a small rebel army to track and attack his parents who abandoned him.

That story is copyright material. Don't even think about stealing my idea.
  3. Joined
    01 Jun '22
    Moves
    13 Jun '22 23:25
    I had no idea it was spelled Leia.

Always thought it was Laya.
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    14 Jun '22 04:09
    @suzianne said
    I watched the whole series The Book of Boba Fett (the last episode, #7, aired this week on Disney+). I also saw both seasons of The Mandalorian as they came out, and there are key scenes in both with the other (meaning both stars have visited the other's show for a few episodes). Total fan service for this Star Wars geek from way back.

But the one s ...[text shortened]... eit on the small screen. Temuera Morrison does a splendid job as an older Boba Fett in this series.
    I absolutely love star wars. Saw it multiple times when it came out in 77 (pure luck on my part).

I even love the prequals, the Han Solo movie, etc.
    I really likes the Mandalorian, and the final episode of season 2 had me jumping up and down. Loved it!

I do have two issues though. The first being that sequal trilogy. The first and third movies were either copies or absolute rubbish. Ironically, I actually loved the second one. Basically where Yoda and Kenobi become one with force in an ethereal sense, Luke can actually physically manifest himself from the force… and so no longer needs an actual body to hold him back. I seriously thought that was the direction it would go. Luke becoming, basically, a Greek-like God.
    Then that third one… good grief…

Anyhoo, my second grievience is this constantly bringing the dead back to life.
    Please! Make new characters!
    Fett was eaten. End of. No reason to bring the nasty little 💩 back.

Same with Maul. Same with the emperor… WTF! Stop it!

And I even liked the ewoks and Jar Jar…
  5. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    14 Jun '22 18:54
    Here's a hilarious and yet educational review of The Phantom Menace by the esteemed Mr. Plinkett:

YouTube
  6. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    14 Jun '22 19:09
    Really, some of the best Star Wars movie reviews are done by Mike Stoklasa (a.k.a. Mr. Plinkett) at Red Letter Media. They're thorough and usually a laugh. A review of The Last Jedi is here:

YouTube
  7. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    14 Jun '22 19:12
    @shavixmir said
    I absolutely love star wars. Saw it multiple times when it came out in 77 (pure luck on my part).

I even love the prequals, the Han Solo movie, etc.
    I really likes the Mandalorian, and the final episode of season 2 had me jumping up and down. Loved it!

I do have two issues though. The first being that sequal trilogy. The first and third movies were either copies or a ...[text shortened]...

Same with Maul. Same with the emperor… WTF! Stop it!

And I even liked the ewoks and Jar Jar…
    Booboo Fett was not only eaten by a slavering hole in the ground, but he screamed like a girl the whole way down after an inglorious wardrobe malfunction. Oi.

A fitting end to a tedious character.
  8. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    14 Jun '22 19:20
    Now, if you really dig fanboy bitching in a Scottish accent, then the Critical Drinker is the man for you. He's got a few things to say about The Rise of Skywalker here:

Part 1: YouTube

Part 2: YouTube
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    24 Jul '22 14:142 edits
    I had grown tired of the damn Skywalkers 20 or 30 years ago (the glut of Star Wars novels had something to do with this), but I love the world(s) of Star Wars and the production design(s): the sights and sounds, vehicles, buildings, cityscapes, props, costumes, variety of species, etc.

Star Wars: The Old Republic was the first MMO I ever played, and is one I still revisit.

In the new shows it's great to be able to spend a little more time in each interesting location when the pacing permits.

Glad they finally branched out from the Skywalkers to tell the stories of other people in that galaxy (starting with Rogue One for the live-action movies and shows; I rarely watch cartoons or anime, so haven't seen the animated series).
  10. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    24 Jul '22 21:24
    That episode of Boba Fett with the mods on scooters . . . 😄

Also cool to see DT show up with the Rancor.
  11. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Jul '22 17:11
    @kevin-eleven said
    That episode of Boba Fett with the mods on scooters . . .
    Are you sure you weren't just watching a fanfic of Quadrophenia?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Aug '22 06:51
    @suzianne said

Maybe no one comes to the Culture Forum anymore, I dunno.
    First time I’ve clicked on “culture” in the forums menu for maybe 5 years or more.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Aug '22 06:53
    @suzianne said
    I'm digging on Obi-Wan Kenobi right now on Disney+.

Only 6 episodes, though. About halfway through.
    Yes enjoyed this very much.
  14. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    14 Aug '22 19:47
    @divegeester said
    First time I’ve clicked on “culture” in the forums menu for maybe 5 years or more.
    Must have been chasing someone to harass.
  15. Standard memberKilroy70
    within reason
    Moves
    15 Aug '22 04:48
    @kevin-eleven said
    Must have been chasing someone to harass.
    We aren't the droids he's looking for.

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree