25 Mar '23 22:23

Removed by poster

2. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    25 Mar '23 22:27
    @VESPIN

I agree, and the demise of so many clans is causing a problem. THere needs to be an automatic transfer of leadership if a clan leader goes zzzz otherise the clan will begin attrohpying and you end up with its members losing interest.
  3. Victor, New York
    Moves
    26 Mar '23 00:15
    Sorry. I’m told I wasn’t clear. My post referred to Braking Bad and Vespin.
  4. Victor, New York
    Moves
    26 Mar '23 11:01
    @lstcyr That would be Breaking Bad.
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    26 Mar '23 12:32
    @medullah said
    @VESPIN

I agree, and the demise of so many clans is causing a problem. THere needs to be an automatic transfer of leadership if a clan leader goes zzzz otherise the clan will begin attrohpying and you end up with its members losing interest.
    Only part of the problem Pete.
    The other factor is that in dormant clans no one is prepared to take over the leadership when the leader becomes inactive for whatever reason.
    Chances are if the leadership was passed to some unsuspecting soul in the clan nothing would change
    We were lucky with the Laikers as Napi volunteered to join and run the clan after reading one of your posts.
    No current member would do it despite repeated requests from 64squares
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Mar '23 15:23
    @venda said
    Only part of the problem Pete.
    The other factor is that in dormant clans no one is prepared to take over the leadership when the leader becomes inactive for whatever reason.
    Chances are if the leadership was passed to some unsuspecting soul in the clan nothing would change
    We were lucky with the Laikers as Napi volunteered to join and run the clan after reading one of your posts.
    No current member would do it despite repeated requests from 64squares
    I believe who would take over the clan should be planned while the Clan Leader is still in place as he/she can always get sick and need someone to fill in.

-VR
  7. Victor, New York
    Moves
    28 Mar '23 04:02
    @Very-Rusty And who is Breaking Bad’s leader replacement?
  8. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    28 Mar '23 13:41
    @lstcyr said
    @mghrnss I will be glad to take a fair challenge from them. Unfortunately, their leader is too stubborn to realize that everything is not his way just because he does a "lot of work". If I disagree with him, he just gets mad.
    Are you still in the negative numbers? Don't cry because you lose When we lose we move on. Our matches were more than fair and you beat us as well. You made the matches to, made changes, and you still lost. Half the time if you left it, you would have won those matches.

You are a horrible leader and your record proves it. Don't cry. Try staying off the last page with negative numbers. And I do work hard which is why I know the players so well. Easy to spot a horrible match sent to me in seconds.

You don't know the players at all so you think the stats will get you somewhere.

In the end it does nothing.

And you lose. Keep up with those stats.
  9. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    28 Mar '23 13:44
    @shortcircuit said
    @VESPIN
    I look at all of your matches. I know what the true ratings of your players are.
    I see how skewed your challenges are so don't say crap about anyone elses.

Grow a pair,
    Don't run and hide.
    Try being the Groom,
    Instead of the Bride!!
    Keyboard warrior. You are as round as a basketball. In regards to what you just said?

Rusty put it all perfectly why we don't take your challenges Why don't you grow a pair and accept the few challenges we sent you???? Why is it that? I sent a one man challenge to one of your players and it was deleted just like the others I sent.

You don't accept fair challenges. Rusty explained it all. You are a coward.
    Oh , and very round,
  10. Victor, New York
    Moves
    28 Mar '23 14:24
    @VESPIN Nicely said from the person who got mad because I wouldn’t agree to the challenges sent to me because I disagreed on their fairness. And then left our club and resigns every game we’re matched in. At one time you said I was one of your best friends on this site. Guess that was worth as much as the words you just posted. I’m so sad for you.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Mar '23 14:29
    @lstcyr said
    @Very-Rusty And who is Breaking Bad’s leader replacement?
    You will know if the time comes our leader needs some time off. By the way, not me as that is one headache I wouldn't want.

-VR
  12. Badlands
    Moves
    28 Mar '23 14:29
    @venda
    The root of the problem is that there isn't a clan-specific rating. Simple.

The likes of @vespin and @shortcircuit don't like this idea because it prevents them and their clans from manipulating the system. They like to set up challenges based on 'knowing which players are likely to beat which players', rather than from any empirical method of match-ups (ie, a Clan rating)

You can't have such high win ratios as a result of fair clan challenges. To have such high win ratios means skewed challenges. Simple.

So, Clan leaders, why not insist for now on using the TER as the match-up rating?

It won't eradicate the likes of @vise, but I can guarantee it would result in a significant drop in win ratio for the top 2, and an increase in win ratio for clans insisting on using the TER.

The problem with TER is that most leaders, take @Medullah and @GMForsythe for example, don't really understand TER. They think that the TER is too high, but ignore that even if it is 'too high', then its the same for everyone!

TER was introduced to make Tournaments fairer and to curb sandbagging, so it would be equally effective for clan games.

So clan leaders, if you want to see the top 2 clans outrageously high win rates come tumbling down, and your clan's win ratio go up, just bounce any challenge from the top 2 that isn't based on TER. That is guaranteed to pull @shortcircuit and @vespin teeth
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    28 Mar '23 19:24
    @VESPIN
    If you only knew half as much as you "think" you do.
    You have no ability to see or stick to facts.
    You are a gutless keyboard warrior of the worst kind.
    You don't even play chess well.
    Not even sure why you are here.

There, that should bruise your fragile ego.

Now, sack up and play or just shut up and sit on the sideline.

Have a nice day snowflake.
  14. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    28 Mar '23 19:26
    @lstcyr said
    @VESPIN Nicely said from the person who got mad because I wouldn’t agree to the challenges sent to me because I disagreed on their fairness. And then left our club and resigns every game we’re matched in. At one time you said I was one of your best friends on this site. Guess that was worth as much as the words you just posted. I’m so sad for you.
    Many if not most on our team think you are a traitor. That is the ones that actually know you. And yes I did say that. If I knew who you really were I would never have said that. Go Kiss Shorty some more to feel good about yourself.

You need to go through the games we played. First the last tournament not that long ago, we split but i won the tournament. And I never play or hardly play. You play hundreds of games a month. And you have not gotten any better. I find that funny.

If you went through our games? Take out all the ones I quit after five moves, resigned for personal reasons, and others like that? Your number of wins drops dramatically. You counted to many games where I gave no effort and quit. And ones I just gave you a draw even though I had it won.

I would not play you even if I was paid to do so. Now go kiss up to Metallica.
  15. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    28 Mar '23 19:33
    @shortcircuit said
    @VESPIN
    If you only knew half as much as you "think" you do.
    You have no ability to see or stick to facts.
    You are a gutless keyboard warrior of the worst kind.
    You don't even play chess well.
    Not even sure why you are here.

There, that should bruise your fragile ego.

Now, sack up and play or just shut up and sit on the sideline.

Have a nice day snowflake.
    Don't be sad. Even though you are a keyboard warrior and you are as round as a basketball and you have basically no hair keep your chin up. And if you had the guts to stand in front of me, you would last less than a minute. You are the worse kind of keyboard warrior. All you do is lie, tell people what is right and wrong when you don't have a clue.

And I stayed on for a good reason. To beat your team two years in a row or is it three? Oh yeah, we won the championship by hard work. Not by having my friends give me lopsided challenges and sandbag everyone you can. Not long ago you were 1400 in rating.

You were a joke back then and you are a joke now.

Enjoy 10th meal of the day 🙂 And you would not know a fact if it bit you.

Now go get a tissue.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree