2. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    16 Mar '23 17:26
    @mghrnss said
    Way to go, Vespin 👍

Gave the metals a 100 point start and 10 weeks later you are back on top 😁
    We are actually in front now. But have no clue how long it will last. But I'm trying.
  3. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    16 Mar '23 18:02
    be good to see a close run year with the leaders constantly changing, much more exciting than one clan running away with it, i need to get my arse in gear to get what is now the traditional 3rd place for Wycombe, shouldn't take long to bash the Bishops
  4. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    16 Mar '23 21:341 edit
    @sands-al said
    be good to see a close run year with the leaders constantly changing, much more exciting than one clan running away with it, i need to get my arse in gear to get what is now the traditional 3rd place for Wycombe, shouldn't take long to bash the Bishops
    I agree. Nobody has to worry about me leading my team to a win every or most years like Metallica did before the new system. I think we can be in the top five most years. I also think we will win some championships along the way. We have the best team we ever had in over 8 years.

Competition is what makes it fun. Although I don't like the arguing or people getting personal with slander. I don't like that at all.

But some fun back and forth is fun.

Al, your team is always right there. Just put your foot down and win it. I'm sure you could win it any year you picked.

I do have one issue with some leaders. They don't play at all, or they limit me to 1 or two players. Then they go and offer a 10 to 15 player matches.

A lot of leaders do this to me. They do it to other leaders to, they are just helping the leaders they are most friendly with. I wish they would give me the same fair opportunity they give everyone else.

But they don't. Their first words are "only two players". I take it because it's better than nothing. But it makes it difficult.

Pete is also a brilliant guy, and knows how to run a clan. I just wish he played more matches and included me in them. lol But he is a honest and a great guy.

Good luck when you decide to go for it. I'm sure you will win it.

All my best.
  5. Badlands
    Moves
    16 Mar '23 21:50
    @Sands-Al

No waaaaay, Al .... the Bishops have hardly lost this year ... I think the first 3 will be as they are now .... and the Bishops wont get higher unless they play loads more games and stop pussy-footing around with 2 and 3 player challenges 😉
  6. Badlands
    Moves
    16 Mar '23 22:11
    @very-rusty said
    You sound a lot like Gertrude/Lemondrop to me who was going on about Metallica and Breaking Bad before he disappeared under those alias's. 🙂 😛

Next Canadian you see walk up to them and ask how daft they are, and see what response you get if you got the backbone which I doubt.

-VR
    My dear Rusty, i can assure you im more than capable of looking myself ... of course im sure im sure i wouldnt want to tangle with one of those lumberjack types ... and thats just the women 🤔

Either way i'd rather let my chess do the tough talking ... feel free to ping me a challenge 😉
  7. Badlands
    Moves
    16 Mar '23 22:16
    Well at last the clan forum has a bit of life and banter ..... but wait, whats that I hear? Silence! A lot of deafening silence .... and its emanating from this year's runners up elect.

Ah, the sound of silence 👂
  8. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    18 Mar '23 22:20
    I'd like to give a shout out to The Woodpushers !

It's nice to see a clan actually growing. When I last checked them out before Xmas they had 4 members and now have 9 and are sitting at 6th. Nice going guys.
  9. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    18 Mar '23 22:22
    I'd like to see if there is any stomach for a mini test clan league where the criteria to pair players is predefined and therefore transparent. It would be nice to see some of the smoke and mirrors removed from this funtion.
  10. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 06:56
    @mghrnss said
    @Sands-Al

No waaaaay, Al .... the Bishops have hardly lost this year ... I think the first 3 will be as they are now .... and the Bishops wont get higher unless they play loads more games and stop pussy-footing around with 2 and 3 player challenges 😉
    I don't know how many matches they have. But this is a problem that has been going on. Leaders playing one team but not others. If a few teams don't play me that is okay, but when it is a lot, and the ones who do play limit me to 2 or 3 games it is really hard to move up. I wish our clan had more teams to play. But you are correct, teams have to be able to play more.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 12:521 edit
    @VESPIN

I am with you about playing more games! I been in Clan play now since 2008 and this is the first year I've thought about joining a 2nd Clan because of not getting the amount of CLAN games I like to play. Some of us are here more for the chess.

-VR
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 13:29
    @VESPIN
    Funny. I sent you a challenge and you deleted it. Not even a counter-offer.
    I didn't even include you in the challenge because I see you don't really play.
    So, would you like some cheese with your whine sir?
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 16:44
    @shortcircuit said
    @VESPIN
    Funny. I sent you a challenge and you deleted it. Not even a counter-offer.
    I didn't even include you in the challenge because I see you don't really play.
    So, would you like some cheese with your whine sir?
    @shortcircuit,

Not to speak for VESPIN, but try sending a fair challenge instead of lopsided for you.

-VR
  14. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 16:56
    @very-rusty said
    @shortcircuit,

Not to speak for VESPIN, but try sending a fair challenge instead of lopsided for you.

-VR
    That’s what I get from both clans, but their challenges are more so.
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 17:23
    @Very-Rusty
    I can post the challenge I sent for public if you like.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree