1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 21:192 edits
    @shortcircuit

You know I am not close to YOUR rating strength, yet you paired you and I up so you got two easy wins. I already saw the parings and we may have had a chance at 1 or 2 of them tops and you had the rest all sewn up.
    You or who ever just put that together when the ratings were close on paper, but in strength in my opinion not close at all. I 've played in thousands of Clan games so have a real good idea of what I am talking about. It was a nice try on who ever made up the challenge though, made it look like it was fairly equal. I haven't been gone that long that I forget your players real ratings. I am working on learning the new players ratings, but don't know them as well for sure.
    So, I say do what you think is best for your clan and your standing in the community.
    -VR
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 21:22
    @mike69 said
    That’s what I get from both clans, but their challenges are more so.
    Mike,
    I believe you can bounce the challenge back with changes you'd like to see, then the Clan Leader can agree or bounce one back to you.

-VR
  3. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 21:33
    @very-rusty said
    @VESPIN

I am with you about playing more games! I been in Clan play now since 2008 and this is the first year I've thought about joining a 2nd Clan because of not getting the amount of CLAN games I like to play. Some of us are here more for the chess.

-VR
    I don't blame you. I'm doing the best I absolutely can. To get to the number you want, I would say do it because you are correct. You are here for chess / fun and I don't see anything wrong with you Joining another team and making yourself happy.

I've done all I can and will continue to do the best i can. But you should do what is best for you.

Your friend,
    Michael
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Mar '23 21:432 edits
    @vespin said
    I don't blame you. I'm doing the best I absolutely can. To get to the number you want, I would say do it because you are correct. You are here for chess / fun and I don't see anything wrong with you Joining another team and making yourself happy.

I've done all I can and will continue to do the best i can. But you should do what is best for you.

Your friend,
    Michael
    These notes may have been better for a P.M., than in public forum. My apology on that you had to answer me here as I mentioned it here. As you know in our Private conversations I don't believe in being on 2 different clans because of loyalty issues.

I didn't say I was going to do it. I said this is the first year I've even though about it, because of feeling I am not getting the amount of games I should be. We discussed that I was use to playing in a lot of Clan games. I know it is tough when you just can't get the games or games that are sent to you are all in the opponents favor. Trust me when I tell you I completely understand the problems you have trying to get us all games as we are all hungry for them.

Your Friend,
    -VR
  5. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 19:23
    @shortcircuit said
    @VESPIN
    Funny. I sent you a challenge and you deleted it. Not even a counter-offer.
    I didn't even include you in the challenge because I see you don't really play.
    So, would you like some cheese with your whine sir?
    Your match was lopsided and we would have won one match if we were lucky. Your guys stats are all over the place. One year, and 90 days. You have never accepted any matches from us and at least mine are fair. But you don't want fair. You are going for the win. I go for a split which gives me the closest match possible.

I at least do my best. We play a lot of games to offset the ones we lose.

And You don't hear me complaining about anything except leaders not playing much, and they play favorites.

Never said a bad word about your team. But now, you can be sure I would NEVER PLAY YOUR TEAM. I'll make the match and send it to you and you accept it. Then we will talk.
  6. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 19:25
    @shortcircuit said
    @Very-Rusty
    I can post the challenge I sent for public if you like.
    POST IT
  7. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 19:30
    @Very-Rusty
    I would never have mentioned it here if you had not mentioned it here. I never post in here about OUR clan. Lets keep this in house.
    @Very Rusty
    I want to thank you for speaking up with the truth with Shorty. I said the same thing or close to what you said. I told him to post it. If he thinks we are stupid enough to think he is a 1400 rated player when I have seen him play at 1600's and then say how fair it is??? He bumped his head the poor guy.
  8. Victor, New York
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 20:03
    @vespin said
    at least mine are fair.

And You don't hear me complaining about anything except leaders not playing much
    😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Read your own posts sometime.
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    20 Mar '23 21:46
    @VESPIN
    I look at all of your matches. I know what the true ratings of your players are.
    I see how skewed your challenges are so don't say crap about anyone elses.

Grow a pair,
    Don't run and hide.
    Try being the Groom,
    Instead of the Bride!!
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Mar '23 14:002 edits
    @vespin said
    @Very-Rusty
    I would never have mentioned it here if you had not mentioned it here. I never post in here about OUR clan. Lets keep this in house.
    @Very Rusty
    I want to thank you for speaking up with the truth with Shorty. I said the same thing or close to what you said. I told him to post it. If he thinks we are stupid enough to think he is a 1400 rated player when I have seen him play at 1600's and then say how fair it is??? He bumped his head the poor guy.
    Thankfully, It was something everyone knows, that I love playing a lot of Chess games. I will try to be more careful in the future. I am part of this Clan now been here since June 21, 2021. Shortcircuit knows better, just tried to slip one by you. At first look it looks fairly even but when you look a little deeper you or anyone can see majority of matches favors them.
    I believe if you can keep everyone we have right now, we will be contenders for years to come. I'd love to see a few more Clans in there battling for 1rst each year.

-VR
  11. Subscribermy2sons
    Retired
    Missouri
    Moves
    21 Mar '23 14:35
    @Very-Rusty
    What a bunch of hogwash. Since Shorty only plays clan games, his current rating is
    legit. Do you think he threw clan games just to lower his rating?
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Mar '23 14:49

Removed by poster

13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Mar '23 14:591 edit
    @my2sons said
    @Very-Rusty
    What a bunch of hogwash. Since Shorty only plays clan games, his current rating is
    legit. Do you think he threw clan games just to lower his rating?
    @my2sons,
    I see you wanting to protect your Clan Leader and good friend of many years, but "the numbers don't lie". I didn't bother with the 5 year one as much can happen in 5 years as I know only too well.
    Shortcircuit rating for last 90 days, and past year is what we are looking at my old friend.
    90 days 1 Year
    Highest Rating 1513 1628 1704

I am at 1528 my highest in a 1 year! I am working hard on improving my game. For a long time I was floating between 1300-1500 since my Medical issues, my rating has not gotten back to where it once was.

Very Rusty
    Rating 1431 Presently

-VR
  14. Badlands
    Moves
    24 Mar '23 17:02
    41 point lead after 3 months, which taking into account the 150 points Metallica b/f from last year means an almost 200 point turnaround

Now that is impressive, Vespin 👍

Shame so many clans are scared to accept your challenges .... you should name and shame them 😉
  15. Victor, New York
    Moves
    24 Mar '23 22:36
    @mghrnss I will be glad to take a fair challenge from them. Unfortunately, their leader is too stubborn to realize that everything is not his way just because he does a "lot of work". If I disagree with him, he just gets mad.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree