“I believe every word in the bible”

“I believe every word in the bible”

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
13 Jul 20
3 edits

@divegeester said
I’m aware that you don’t like me or agree with me.
Me me me.

"You don't like me". Childish whimpering.

As strange as this may sound, I think I do like you. You take a lot of flack from me. That says something about you, but I take a lot out of you too.

We're doing it to each other. Why? I think it's because we're not connecting. And why is that? I think it's because we're both half full of bs.

When we don't agree it's because either one of us is wrong, or we're both wrong, but we can't both be right when we disagree.

There's a "moderator" watching and listening, but are we hearing Him?

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
13 Jul 20
3 edits

@divegeester said
I suppose you are just another one of these Christian posters who when is challenged or proved wrong gets and resorts to calling people Satan’s son or something like that.

Disappointing.
I've been proven wrong before; and, I'm sure I'll be proven wrong again. I am not perfect. My Christian Worldview has drastically changed since first becoming a Christian. Who knows, it may change here and I may find you correct and me wrong.
I do know of the love, mercy and forgiveness of the Lord. Always willing and wanting to forgive.
I do know that He is a perfect judge full of righteousness.
This question stirs at my heart and has for sometime now.
As Big Dog stated, I have inappropriately used absolutes when describing my current belief or position on this issue. See ya soon after some study. 🙂
I do not much believe in the predestination theory that Calvin presents; however, I do believe in some predestination. These two different stances on predestination between us may keep us from ever agreeing upon the salvation issue.

Moves
13 Jul 20
1 edit

@secondson said

There's a "moderator" watching and listening, but are we hearing Him?
I guess you won’t be calling me an “a$$hole” again anytime soon then...

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
13 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
His parents had traveled a whole day without Jesus until they realized He was not there. That's got to be 15 or 20 miles by foot; and then, they had to turn around and go back and find Him the next day. Anyways, the whole incidence seems somewhat sinful to me as a somewhat disobedient child. Either way, He had his parents somewhat worried. Thoughts on that?
Which Father though was he obeying?

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
13 Jul 20
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Which Father though was he obeying?
Wow, great point. Thanks Sir Duke... 😉 I missed that connection until now. 🙂

Moves
13 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said

I do know of the love, mercy and forgiveness of the Lord. Always willing and wanting to forgive.
Not a bad experience and attitude to hold to.

Moves
13 Jul 20

@fmf said
You actually believe divegeester "follows" "Satan"?
I actually believe @divegeester is a Brony of Satan.

Moves
13 Jul 20

@caesar-salad said
I actually believe @divegeester is a Brony of Satan.
Yes, you already said so in your previous rhp incarnation.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
13 Jul 20

@divegeester said
I guess you won’t be calling me an “a$$hole” again anytime soon then...
Don't count on it. 😜

Moves
14 Jul 20

@secondson said
Don't count on it. 😜
You’re not the sort of character I would count on.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
14 Jul 20

@divegeester said
You’re not the sort of character I would count on.
Trust me. I have the sort of character you can rely on when needed.

I don't dislike you dive. You are to me a good debate opponent. One of the best. You make it worth my while to engage in this forum. I probably don't disagree with even half the things you say.

It's the other half that causes me trouble. 😏

Moves
16 Jul 20

@secondson said
I don't dislike you dive. You are to me a good debate opponent. One of the best. You make it worth my while to engage in this forum.
I suspect you are either being disingenuous or you were drinking and having a bout of posting regret when you wrote this comment.

Because for the last two years (and before that as @josephw), you have been calling me every kind of vicious invective from an “enemy of god”, through “a$$hole” to “backslider” and “destroyer of other people’s faith”.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
16 Jul 20

@divegeester said
I suspect you are either being disingenuous or you were drinking and having a bout of posting regret when you wrote this comment.

Because for the last two years (and before that as @josephw), you have been calling me every kind of vicious invective from an “enemy of god”, through “a$$hole” to “backslider” and “destroyer of other people’s faith”.
Seems clear to me, 'that was then, this is now.'

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
16 Jul 20

@divegeester said

Ok. So let's take it over to the "forgiveness" thread. Let's see what kind of "character" you have.

I don't drink, and I have many regrets, but holding a grudge ain't one of them.

Don't you feel a bit hypocritical pointing your finger at me considering the things you've said?

Probably not since you have a keen(highly developed) way of justifying everything about you.

Moves
16 Jul 20

@secondson said
Ok. So let's take it over to the "forgiveness" thread. Let's see what kind of "character" you have.
I didn’t see you asking for “forgiveness”...?