“I believe every word in the bible”

“I believe every word in the bible”

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
12 Jul 20

@secondson said
Duh!
What? I used that scripture earlier, so why are you quoting to me as though I’d not heard of it?

Moves
12 Jul 20

@galveston75 said
You are just upset that you have no one to back you up except that is FMF who has turned his back on Jehovah. Not such a good move to me as that says it all....
Why would I need anyone to “back me up”?

Moves
12 Jul 20
2 edits

@secondson said
Getting late in the evening over there, right? Having difficulty following your thread? Can't remember what you and others are saying from one post to the next? After all we are 12 pages in.
I’m following the thread fine thank you. I misunderstood you quoting “me” from the thread title when I was quoting someone else.

Moves
12 Jul 20

Have any of you got a response to the first question in my OP?

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
12 Jul 20
3 edits

@divegeester said
Have any of you got a response to the first question in my OP?
Yes, I do! 🙂 I find it all 100 % true in my opinion and life experiences. 🙂

Moves
12 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
Yes, I do! 🙂 I find it all 100 % true in my opinion and life experiences. 🙂
Here is the question and context.

“I’ve been brought up to believe that the bible is the complete and infallible word of God. Nothing can be added to it and nothing taken away.
Why? How do we know this?”

I accept that you find the daily working of scripture to work for you in your life, but how do you know that the entire bible is the complete and infallible word of god?

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
12 Jul 20
2 edits

@divegeester said
Here is the question and context.

“I’ve been brought up to believe that the bible is the complete and infallible word of God. Nothing can be added to it and nothing taken away.
Why? How do we know this?”

I accept that you find the daily working of scripture to work for you in your life, but how do you know that the entire bible is the complete and infallible word of god?
but how do you know that the entire bible is the complete and infallible word of god?
Where does scripture say that it is complete?
Where does it say that man will not try and change it? Etc? Thank you.

Moves
13 Jul 20
1 edit

@kingdavid403 said
Where does scripture say it is complete? Where does it say that man will not try and change it? Etc? Thank you.
This is exactly my point, it doesn’t.

This is what I’m asking .. how is one to KNOW? (It is complete, infallible, etc etc )

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
13 Jul 20
2 edits

@divegeester said
This is exactly my point, it doesn’t.

This is what I’m asking .. how is one to KNOW? (It is complete, infallible, etc etc )
Spiritually.
However, it is NOT complete: and, man can change it as we all know.
[Matthew 16:16-17 NKJV] 16 Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." 17 Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed [this] to you, but My Father who is in heaven."

Moves
13 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
Spiritually.
However, it is NOT complete: and, man can change it as we all know.
[Matthew 16:16-17 NKJV] 16 Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." 17 Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed [this] to you, but My Father who is in heaven."
I’m sorry but I don’t understand how this exchange between Peter and Jesus about Jesus’ deity can be transposed to a person knowing wether of not the bible is the complete (I.e. no other holy texts) and infallible word of god.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
13 Jul 20

@divegeester said
I’m sorry but I don’t understand how this exchange between Peter and Jesus about Jesus’ deity can be transposed to a person knowing wether of not the bible is the complete (I.e. no other holy texts) and infallible word of god.
Pray.

F

Moves
13 Jul 20
1 edit

@kingdavid403 said
Question? Do you really think that your actions to others here are Christ-like?
In your view, is your behaviour here, and on other forums on this website, "Christ-like"?

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
13 Jul 20

@fmf said
In your view, is your behaviour here, and on other forums on this website, "Christ-like"?
It has been here lately; however, not before currently,

F

Moves
13 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
What the hell happened to you divegeester?
You were a member of my clan for at least three or four years and you were never like this. I always considered you a great clan-mate both off and on the board. What the hell happened for God's sake? Either that or you wore a thick cloak back then. What?
Was divegeester "Christ-like" in your chess clan? How many other "Christ-like" people were members of your clan?

F

Moves
13 Jul 20

@kingdavid403 said
It has been here lately; however, not before currently,
You see yourself as "Christ-like"?