www.answering-islam.org

www.answering-islam.org

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @fmf
But surely refuting the Islamic view that Christ was not a deity - and that he was instead a divinely inspired prophet - is one of the core things that an evangelical Christian website like www.answering-islam.org would have to do if it were their purpose to refute the theological doctrines if Islam?

Do you acknowledge that the purpose of the www.answering-islam.org website is to refute the doctrines if Islam and not to deny the deity of Christ?
I haven’t gone through the website enough to say what its purpose is.

Your first paragraph made no sense to me.

F

Moves
30 Apr 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
Whether the creators of the website themselves do, I have no idea. But there are articles on the website that [argue against the deity of Christ] and they’re flat-out false.
But there are articles on the website that [argue against the deity of Christ] and they’re flat-out false.

No there are not. Which 'articles' are you referring to? What you are saying is flat out untrue.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 18

[b]But there are articles on the website that [argue against the deity of Christ] and they’re flat-out false.

No there are not. Which 'articles' are you referring to? What you are saying is flat out untrue.[/b]
Ok, you’re calling it like you see it, just like everyone should.

F

Moves
30 Apr 18

Your first paragraph made no sense to me.
But surely ...

refuting the Islamic view that Christ was not a deity - and that he was instead a divinely inspired prophet

...is one of the core things that an evangelical Christian website like www.answering-islam.org would have to do

...if it were their purpose to refute the theological doctrines if Islam?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 18

But surely ...

[b]refuting the Islamic view that Christ was not a deity - and that he was instead a divinely inspired prophet

...is one of the core things that an evangelical Christian website like www.answering-islam.org would have to do

...if it were their purpose to refute the theological doctrines if Islam?[/b]
Repeating it verbatim didn’t help.

F

Moves
30 Apr 18

I haven’t gone through the website enough to say what its purpose is..
Do you acknowledge that the website has been blocked in Indonesia by the Ministry of Communications and Information and that the reason for it being blocked was explained briefly on page 1 of this thread?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 18

Do you acknowledge that the website has been blocked in Indonesia by the Ministry of Communications and Information and that the reason for it being blocked was explained briefly on page 1 of this thread?
I acknowledge that’s what you posted.

F

Moves
30 Apr 18
1 edit

Repeating it verbatim didn’t help.
The Islamic view is that Christ was not a deity but that he was instead a divinely inspired prophet.

Refuting this Islamic perspective is one of the core things that an evangelical Christian website like www.answering-islam.org would have to do if they are to promote their perspective regarding the deity of Christ.

So, can you now see that the purpose of www.answering-islam.org is to refute the theological doctrines if Islam?

F

Moves
30 Apr 18

I acknowledge that’s what you posted.
4.15 am where you claim to be living. You have been posting like this all through the night.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 18

The Islamic view is that Christ was not a deity but that he was instead a divinely inspired prophet.

Refuting this Islamic perspective is one of the core things that an evangelical Christian website like www.answering-islam.org would have to do if they are to promote their perspective regarding the deity of Christ.

So, can you now see that the purpose of www.answering-islam.org is to refute the theological doctrines if Islam?
So arguing against the deity of Christ is actually arguing in favor of it?

🙄

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 18

4.15 am where you claim to be living. You have been posting like this all through the night.
Thanks for the time check. Remember my wake up call’s at eight.

F

Moves
30 Apr 18

So arguing against the deity of Christ is actually arguing in favor of it?

🙄
No, www.answering-islam.org is not arguing against the deity of Christ. It is run by evangelical Christians, after all. Their purpose is to refute the Islamic view that Jesus was not a deity. Because their purpose is to refute Islamic views such as this, their website has been blocked in Indonesia and in U.A.E. and probably in some other Muslim majority countries as well.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 18

I’ll keep you company ‘til tiger gets back from the pub. But he’s got a lot of homework and I had to curb his Internet privileges after I found a marijuana cigarette in his knapsack. He claimed it wasn’t his, but he went through two jars of peanut butter and nearly a loaf of bread so I think he had the munchies.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 18

No, www.answering-islam.org is not arguing against the deity of Christ. It is run by evangelical Christians, after all. Their purpose is to refute the Islamic view that Jesus was not a deity. Because their purpose is to refute Islamic views such as this, their website has been blocked in Indonesia and in U.A.E. and probably in some other Muslim majority countries as well.
I never said it was. I said I saw articles that argued that and came to a conclusion about the website too quickly. I said that around five pages ago.

I also predicted you’d make hay out of that for the next week and you’re off to a flying start.

F

Moves
30 Apr 18

I never said it was. I said I saw articles that argued that and came to a conclusion about the website too quickly. I said that around five pages ago.

I also predicted you’d make hay out of that for the next week and you’re off to a flying start.
I said that around five pages ago.

This is page 22. On page 21 you were still insisting that there are articles on the www.answering-islam.org website that argue against the deity of Christ. That's only 1 page ago.