www.answering-islam.org

www.answering-islam.org

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
30 Apr 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
This is what you wrote on page 3 of the “what ‘makes you’ believe” thread:

"The claims that Christians make about themselves and about the meaning of Jesus' life" = Christian faith.

That is your full post.
Why not acknowledge that you have read and understood these words:

My loss of faith was a gradual process of reflection that resulted in me realizing that I no longer believed the claims - based on the Bible - that Christians make about themselves and about the meaning of Jesus' life, and consequently, I stopped self-identifying as a Christian and now self-identify as a non-Christian and an agnostic atheist.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Here is what I wrote, as you well know, because you were posting on that thread and it was posted in reply to you :

[b]My loss of faith was a gradual process of reflection that resulted in me realizing that I no longer believed the claims - based on the Bible - that Christians make about themselves and about the meaning of Jesus' life, and consequently, I s ...[text shortened]... identifying as a Christian and now self-identify as a non-Christian and an agnostic atheist.
[/b]
So you never believed in the deity of Jesus Christ and never believed God raised Him from the dead?

Do you believe you accepted the criteria in John 3:16 and Romans 10:9?

F

Moves
30 Apr 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Is that your favorite Zinger that you look to use on Christians?
Do you think you are Romans1009's 'target audience' for the way he posts?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 18

Why not acknowledge that you have read and understood these words:

My loss of faith was a gradual process of reflection that resulted in me realizing that I no longer believed the claims - based on the Bible - that Christians make about themselves and about the meaning of Jesus' life, and consequently, I stopped self-identifying as a Christian and now self-identify as a non-Christian and an agnostic atheist.
It’s just a more verbose way of saying what you said in the quote I repeated.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 18

I see you’re running away from our current conversation like your hair’s on fire. Can’t say I blame you. Maybe tiger or Ghost will be along soon to bail you out.

Moves
30 Apr 18
1 edit

Do you think you are snorkel boy's 'target audience' for the way he posts?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
30 Apr 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Did 'Judaism' (as a religion) come into existence with 'In the beginning.'?

Most creation accounts (some really quite bizarre) offer a version of 'In the beginning.' Not surprising, as this is man's attempt to explain the origin of the world around him.
Assuming the Genesis account of creation is true, and is from the God of creation, and Moses penned it, the words 'religion' or 'Judaism' weren't even in Adam's vocabulary.

'In the beginning', 'God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.'

No religion. No anything to be confounded about or argue over. No death or decay or rot. Just absolute harmonious perfection.

"...man's attempt to explain..."

Wasn't any of that either.

God's Word(Bible) is the crucible where debate ends and faith begins. If it is not, then these verses comes to mind.

If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1 Corinthians 15:19-22

I don't know. Maybe you'll see the connection.

F

Moves
30 Apr 18

So you never believed in the deity of Jesus Christ and never believed God raised Him from the dead?
What makes you ask the question like this if not in order to be a buffoon.

I was a Christain for about 6 or 7 times longer in my life than you have been one.

Of course I believed in the deity of Jesus Christ. Of course I believed God raised Him from the dead.

And of course John 3:16 and Romans 10:9 were part of my understanding of what it meant to be a Christian.

Why oh why do you act like such an idiot over a subject that you surely ought to be showing some modicum of reverence and common decency about?

F

Moves
30 Apr 18

I see you’re running away from our current conversation like your hair’s on fire. Can’t say I blame you. Maybe tiger or Ghost will be along soon to bail you out.
What are you talking about?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 18

I was a Christain for about 6 or 7 times longer in my life than you have been one.

Of course I believed in the deity of Jesus Christ. Of course I believed God raised Him from the dead.

And of course John 3:16 and Romans 10:9 were part of my understanding of what it meant to be a ...[text shortened]... subject that you surely ought to be showing some modicum of reverence and common decency about?
Because based on the post of yours I quoted, you cited none of what you just posted.

And, to be perfectly honest, I don’t believe anything you wrote in this post I’m quoting. Just as I don’t believe Ghost has a theology degree. And I have good reasons for my disbelief in both instances.

F

Moves
30 Apr 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Do you think you are snorkel boy's 'target audience' for the way he posts?
You mean divegeester? Sure, I reckon I am one of the readers he has in mind when he posts. So what about the question I asked you?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 18

And of course John 3:16 and Romans 10:9 were part of my understanding of what it meant to be a ...[text shortened]... subject that you surely ought to be showing some modicum of reverence and common decency about?
I really hit a nerve.

Didn’t mean to but I warned you that your nose was gonna bump up on a dead-end and you needed to backtrack.

F

Moves
30 Apr 18

Because based on the post of yours I quoted, you cited none of what you just posted.
I had no reason to list numerous tenets of Christian faith in order to make the point that I was making about my loss of faith.

F

Moves
30 Apr 18

I really hit a nerve..
How so?

F

Moves
30 Apr 18

And, to be perfectly honest, I don’t believe anything you wrote in this post I’m quoting. Just as I don’t believe Ghost has a theology degree. And I have good reasons for my disbelief in both instances.
So?