@medullah said
    You do, that’s why I’m coming to pay you a visit 😁😉
    Definitely ... cant wait 🙂
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '23 01:39
    @medullah said
    I’ve never heard of biblidolatry until now (are you sure that you aren’t sonship in disguise?). How can an obsession (study?) of the bible lead to false worship?
    You make it sound like you never read any posts by sonship.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '23 04:17
    @medullah said
    So how else can you get the mind of Jesus other than through the bible. If you have another source please share.?
    Through the spirit?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '23 04:21
    @medullah said
    Were they really scholars of the old scrolls or people that looked to make money from a little more knowledge than the masses?

How many times did Jesus take them apart using the scrolls of the prophets?
    I think think motivation wasn’t primarily money, it was control through power.

I haven’t added it up, but I think you’ll find Jesus more frequently “took them apart” using his own words.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Apr '23 10:09
    @fmf said
    You make it sound like you never read any posts by sonship.
    Certainly a good example. He studied so much it became an obsession and a delusion that it was in itself a virtue. When the truth is that the virtue in bible study is understanding what one needs to do to obey the commandments and then proceed to do it.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Apr '23 18:03
    @rajk999 said
    Certainly a good example. He studied so much it became an obsession and a delusion that it was in itself a virtue. When the truth is that the virtue in bible study is understanding what one needs to do to obey the commandments and then proceed to do it.
    Who told you that, if you read it, what text were you reading? Did you just make stuff up?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Apr '23 06:53
    @kellyjay said
    Who told you that, if you read it, what text were you reading? Did you just make stuff up?
    Maybe here:

For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.

Romans 2: 13-15
    (My bolding)
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Apr '23 14:18
    @divegeester said
    Maybe here:

For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. They show that the requirements of the law are [b]w ...[text shortened]... hts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.

Romans 2: 13-15
    (My bolding)
    Correct. Thanks

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree