1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '23 00:50
    Where does Jesus command his followers that they must obey whatever ecclesiastical ideologues/technocrats would happen to write about him [after his death] or, indeed, that they must subscribe to the specific selections that such figures made from the writings of others?

Why aren't things like the Councils of Nicaea, Laodicea, Hippo, and Carthage ~ or the Council of Trent, the Thirty-Nine Articles, the Westminster Confession of Faith, and the Synod of Jerusalem ~ predicted in the OT, NT, or by Jesus?

Why wasn't the canonization of a relatively small number of "books" predicted - or even mentioned - in the NT or by Jesus himself?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Mar '23 01:051 edit
    @fmf said
    Where does Jesus command his followers that they must obey whatever ecclesiastical ideologues/technocrats would happen to write about him [after his death] or, indeed, that they must subscribe to the specific selections that such figures made from the writings of others?

Why aren't things like the Councils of Nicaea, Laodicea, Hippo, and Carthage ~ or the Council of Trent, th ...[text shortened]... a relatively small number of "books" predicted - or even mentioned - in the NT or by Jesus himself?
    Those things occupy the mind of bible worshipers, and church goers who obey the church leaders. Biblidolatry is an obsession with the bible and it is unhealthy often leading to false doctrines. Followers of Jesus follow Jesus and obey Jesus. They need no church or the bble to tell them right from wrong. The laws of God are written in their heart. The law of God is written in everyones heart, aka their conscience, but in some ignore their conscience and do otherwise.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Mar '23 03:06
    @rajk999 said
    Those things occupy the mind of bible worshipers, and church goers who obey the church leaders. Biblidolatry is an obsession with the bible and it is unhealthy often leading to false doctrines. Followers of Jesus follow Jesus and obey Jesus. They need no church or the bble to tell them right from wrong. The laws of God are written in their heart. The law of God is written in everyones heart, aka their conscience, but in some ignore their conscience and do otherwise.
    As I have been saying you ignore the word of God over your own thoughts as if you know better. You are not alone here, it's a common theme among many, your word over the written word of God. You are a deceiver, and those of like mind have but one end.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '23 04:05
    @kellyjay said
    As I have been saying you ignore the word of God over your own thoughts as if you know better. You are not alone here, it's a common theme among many, your word over the written word of God. You are a deceiver, and those of like mind have but one end.
    Welcome to this thread and its topic, KellyJay. Why wasn't the canonization of "books" predicted - or even mentioned - in the NT [or before that in the OT] or by Jesus himself? Has this question stumped you?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '23 05:44
    @kellyjay said
    Seeing as you have previously admitted that the bible is not the complete, inerrant and exclusive word of God… on what basis are you making these assertions and making these horrible insults?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '23 16:58
    @divegeester said
    Seeing as you have previously admitted that the bible is not the complete, inerrant and exclusive word of God… on what basis are you making these assertions and making these horrible insults?
    KellyJay…?

Hello…
  7. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    31 Mar '23 19:58
    @divegeester said
    KellyJay…?

Hello…
    Have you considered explaining things to morons gets old.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Apr '23 06:00
    @mike69 said
    Have you considered explaining things to morons gets old.
    Is this the reason why you don’t contribute to any debate whatsoever?
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Apr '23 19:19
    @divegeester said
    Is this the reason why you don’t contribute to any debate whatsoever?
    Just because you don't agree with Mike69 doesn't mean he isn't making a contribution to the thread. 🙂

-VR
  10. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    01 Apr '23 23:361 edit
    @rajk999 said
    So how else can you get the mind of Jesus other than through the bible. If you have another source please share.?

Surely there is only the bible and the ancient scrolls that Jesus actually quoted from that went on to constitute the bible.?

I’ve never heard of biblidolatry until now (are you sure that you aren’t sonship in disguise?). How can an obsession (study?) of the bible lead to false worship?
  11. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    01 Apr '23 23:38
    Raj have you been down the rum shop again ?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Apr '23 23:59
    @medullah said
    So how else can you get the mind of Jesus other than through the bible. If you have another source please share.?

Surely there is only the bible and the ancient scrolls that Jesus actually quoted from that went on to constitute the bible.?

I’ve never heard of biblidolatry until now (are you sure that you aren’t sonship in disguise?). How can an obsession (study?) of the bible lead to false worship?
    1. God has written His laws in the hearts of men

2. The bible you have now and the ancient scrolls are not the same books

3. From Google - Christianity may use the term bibliolatry to characterize either extreme devotion to the Bible or the doctrine of biblical inerrancy. Supporters of biblical inerrancy point to passages (such as 2 Timothy 3:16–17), interpreted to say that the Bible, as received, is a complete source of what must be known about God.

4. The Pharisees were bible scholars - nuff said
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Apr '23 23:59
    @medullah said
    Raj have you been down the rum shop again ?
    I live in one .. remember ?
  14. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    02 Apr '23 00:10
    @rajk999 said
    I live in one .. remember ?
    You do, that’s why I’m coming to pay you a visit 😁😉
  15. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    02 Apr '23 00:14
    @rajk999 said
    1. God has written His laws in the hearts of men

2. The bible you have now and the ancient scrolls are not the same books

3. From Google - Christianity may use the term bibliolatry to characterize either extreme devotion to the Bible or the doctrine of biblical inerrancy. Supporters of biblical inerrancy point to passages (such as 2 Timothy 3:16–17), interpreted to ...[text shortened]... e source of what must be known about God.

4. The Pharisees were bible scholars - nuff said
    Were they really scholars of the old scrolls or people that looked to make money from a little more knowledge than the masses?

How many times did Jesus take them apart using the scrolls of the prophets?

anyway, no coke in my rum when I get there 😝

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree