Why the Bible?

Why the Bible?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
262d

@fmf said
"No"? But wait. You are STILL claiming that "academics" through "rigorous and intense" have "verified" "God's divine plan for humanity" as laid out in Hebrew and Christian scriptures.

I don't see how they have done anything of the sort.

The notion that God has communicated his "divine plan for humanity" to you through ancient texts is a matter of faith; it is not something that is "verified" by "academics".
The notion that God has communicated his "divine plan for humanity" to you through ancient texts is a matter of faith; it is not something that is "verified" by "academics".

If you already have this figured out, then why are you bringing it up?

F

Moves
262d

@mchill said
If you already have this figured out, then why are you bringing it up?
Because you don't seem to understand the nature of your faith and that is pertinent to the claims you have made so far in this discussion.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
261d

@divegeester said
@mchill
Try this version of my OP and let’s see what you got.

God, as envisioned by Christians is all powerful, all knowing, ever present everywhere, all loving and all good.

So why would he leave the instructions on how to avoid being tortured alive by him for eternity to a team of Roman and other scholars who pull together ancient texts written by group of dispa ...[text shortened]... tive work being interpreted accurately thousands of year later by the likes of KellyJay and Josephw?
mchill?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
249d

@fmf said
Whoosh
On the contrary, my post was a concise and accurate assessment of @divegeester's apparent confusion. He often confuses fiction with truth.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
249d

@divegeester said
Are you pretending that you don’t know about the doctrine of eternal suffering?
Are you pretending you don't know that doctrine is nonsense and not supported biblically?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
249d

@divegeester said
@mchill
Try this version of my OP and let’s see what you got.

God, as envisioned by Christians is all powerful, all knowing, ever present everywhere, all loving and all good.

So why would he leave the instructions on how to avoid being tortured alive by him for eternity to a team of Roman and other scholars who pull together ancient texts written by group of dispa ...[text shortened]... tive work being interpreted accurately thousands of year later by the likes of KellyJay and Josephw?
Again, for the slow ones: He wouldn't and didn't.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
248d

@suzianne said
Are you pretending you don't know that doctrine is nonsense and not supported biblically?
Of course not, I’ve been saying so in this forum for about 12 years at least.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
248d

@suzianne said
Again, for the slow ones: He wouldn't and didn't.
And yet, as I said, we have here KellyJay and Josephw saying he would and he did.