What is the point of eternal suffering?

What is the point of eternal suffering?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
04 Aug 19

@rajk999 said
Do you believe Jesus when he said that the ones who do good works will enter the kingdom of God, and the ones who fail to do these good works will be cast out?
Do you believe Jesus taught of a literal place of everlasting punishment in outer darkness for the condemned?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Aug 19

@secondson said
That's what the Bible says. Jesus said it. You don't believe the Bible, and you don't believe Jesus.
We have different interpretations of certain texts and passages.

Thank you for clarifying that you are a believer in the eternal torture of non Christians for being non Christians.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Aug 19

@secondson said
You're projecting.

You've stated that you don't know what Revelation 13:1 means. Sounds like you're the one that doesn't know what he believes.
Telling one of your detractors that they are “projecting” is a surefire indication that you feel yourself to be in a weak position in debate, it’s a nonsense jazz-hands blurt which says nothing about me and a lot about you.

Not knowing, accepting one does not know, is the first step to understanding wouldn’t you agree. My being sure that what you believe about that scripture is wrong is the second step.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
04 Aug 19

@divegeester said
We have different interpretations of certain texts and passages.

Thank you for clarifying that you are a believer in the eternal torture of non Christians for being non Christians.
Your interpretation not withstanding, it's what the Bible teaches.

Eternal separation from God in outer darkness with everlasting punishment.

κόλασις kólasis, kol'-as-is; penal infliction:—punishment, torment.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
04 Aug 19

@divegeester said
Telling one of your detractors that they are “projecting” is a surefire indication that you feel yourself to be in a weak position in debate, it’s a nonsense jazz-hands blurt which says nothing about me and a lot about you.

Not knowing, accepting one does not know, is the first step to understanding wouldn’t you agree. My being sure that what you believe about that scripture is wrong is the second step.
You're jibber jabbering incoherently.

All you have to post about are your opinions.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Aug 19

@secondson said
Your interpretation not withstanding, it's what the Bible teaches.
No it isn’t, it is what mainstream corporate Christianity has taught for centuries in order to control people by literally putting the fear of God into them.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Aug 19

@secondson said
All you have to post about are your opinions.
Oh dear are you about to slip KellyJay’s underpants over your trousers and start telling us that your opinions are not really opinions because they align with the truth...in your opinion?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Aug 19
2 edits

@secondson said
Matthew 25:41-46
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Then shall the ...[text shortened]... rever after they die. Judgement is coming.

You're simply refusing to believe what the Bible says.
If it is between someone's point of view that is at odds with what the scripture tell us, I'll go with scripture. Satan when he tempted man into falling away from God did so by getting man to reject the Word of God. Shameful that even the Word directly told to Adam by God was doubted or rejected. The wickedness of man shows our desires for one's own ways is always over God. Nothing new under the sun either, it is still playing such a part in our fallen nature. Adam and Eve knew the truth from God, there was no doubt what God said, and they still fell.

In scripture we see the same thing with so many, there is no doubt what the scripture says, and still they do not like it. Therefore it cannot be something they accept, or as bad, they like some parts so those parts they take, and exclude all others that don't fit their narrative, twisting them to their own destruction.

While Jesus when speaking about scripture was clear it cannot be broken, so we cannot pick and choose only those parts we like and ignore the rest. From our first contact with Satan till now, it still all boils down the same conversation, nothing really has changed, for Satan it is still effective because of our own hearts are above God in our own estimation we love putting ourselves over God.

“Did God actually say..."

2 Peter 3:15-17 English Standard Version (ESV)
And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures. You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability.

John 10:34-36 English Standard Version (ESV)
Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said, you are gods’? If he called them gods to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be broken— do you say of him whom the Father consecrated and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
04 Aug 19

@kellyjay said
If it is between someone's point of view that is at odds with what the scripture tell us, I'll go with scripture. Satan when he tempted man into falling away from God did so by getting man to reject the Word of God. Shameful that even the Word directly told to Adam by God was doubted or rejected. The wickedness of man shows our desires for one's own ways is always over God. ...[text shortened]... r consecrated and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?
Sorry, but 2 Peter has known to be a fraud for decades by biblical historians. I mean Christian historians regard it as a fraud.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
04 Aug 19

@divegeester said
No it isn’t, it is what mainstream corporate Christianity has taught for centuries in order to control people by literally putting the fear of God into them.
False. The Bible teaches that those who reject Christ with be judged and go into outer darkness. Regardless of what YOU say.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
04 Aug 19

@caissad4 said
Sorry, but 2 Peter has known to be a fraud for decades by biblical historians. I mean Christian historians regard it as a fraud.
Only the ones you listen to.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
04 Aug 19

@kellyjay said
If it is between someone's point of view that is at odds with what the scripture tell us, I'll go with scripture. Satan when he tempted man into falling away from God did so by getting man to reject the Word of God. Shameful that even the Word directly told to Adam by God was doubted or rejected. The wickedness of man shows our desires for one's own ways is always over God. ...[text shortened]... r consecrated and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?
Agreed.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Aug 19

@secondson said
False. The Bible teaches that those who reject Christ with be judged and go into outer darkness. Regardless of what YOU say.
The bible teaches no such thing. Your church has you so blind you cannot even repeat what the bible says. The bible teaches that those who do not do good works will be cast into outer darkness.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
04 Aug 19

@divegeester said
Oh dear are you about to slip KellyJay’s underpants over your trousers and start telling us that your opinions are not really opinions because they align with the truth...in your opinion?
I have opinions. I have beliefs, and I have firm convictions.

Hell is real.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
04 Aug 19

@rajk999 said
The bible teaches no such thing. Your church has you so blind you cannot even repeat what the bible says. The bible teaches that those who do not do good works will be cast into outer darkness.
Your post is not worth replying to.