What is the point of eternal suffering?

What is the point of eternal suffering?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
27 Jul 19

@divegeester said
Not always, sometimes in part, sometimes in full, sometimes not at all.

Is your frequent post removal an expression of you not posting to your core values?
In a few cases it has been. In other cases I have deleted posts to remove some off-topic clutter, and in others yet, the post deletions came from regret at participating at all.

Thank you for your own reply.

Moves
27 Jul 19

@caesar-salad said
In a few cases it has been. In other cases I have deleted posts to remove some off-topic clutter, and in others yet, the post deletions came from regret at participating at all.

If you have been here in a previous poster iteration (as I suspect) and you have read my posts on this sub-topic of my Christianity you will know that I claim nothing of myself and in fact I am quite disparaging about my own Christianity and life as a Christian. Nevertheless my faith is pretty sound; and that is because I believe it is given to me not of my own efforts to hang on to a set of values provided by upbringing or least of all...church.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Jul 19
2 edits

@rajk999 said
This is the reason why I call you an idiot. You make statements and you refuse to answer questions people ask about your statements.

Here is the question again:

Which Saints in Christ have I made vulgar statements about?
When you talk about those whom you dislike using terms of a sexual nature to insult, you are talking about those that Jesus died for, they serve Him.

Matthew 15:19
For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.

Moves
27 Jul 19

@divegeester said
If you have been here in a previous poster iteration (as I suspect) and you have read my posts on this sub-topic of my Christianity you will know that I claim nothing of myself and in fact I am quite disparaging about my own Christianity and life as a Christian. Nevertheless my faith is pretty sound; and that is because I believe it is given to me not of my own efforts to hang on to a set of values provided by upbringing or least of all...church.
This is the only RHP account I have ever had. Thank you for your additional comments.

Moves
27 Jul 19

@caesar-salad said
This is the only RHP account I have ever had. Thank you for your additional comments.
You’re most welcome. Thank you for your interest.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
When you talk about those whom you dislike using terms of a sexual nature to insult, you are talking about those that Jesus died for, they serve Him.

Matthew 15:19
For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.
Ok, You do not have any evidence that I used vulgarities with one of Christ's Saints. That makes you a liar. Liars are one of those listed several times who will be cast into the lake of fire and be tormented for eternity.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Jul 19

@divegeester said
So therefore Jehovah speaks to non JWs?
So you still don't seem to understand this issue. Jehovah says at John 3:16:

16 “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that ((((( everyone exercising faith in him ))))) might not be destroyed but have everlasting life."

Jehovah's wants every human on the planet to bring their life's into harmony with him and the truths in the bible. He allows no false teachings to be involved or personal opinions. He wants no one to die at Armageddon.
So every human can have that opportunity to survive his day. So all humans not just JW's or whatever religion one is involved in or not can gain his favor if you go to him for answers to all spiritual issues. You will never do this on your own and this is exactly what Satan wants humans to do.
Please read below and look at the scriptures.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g20020908/prayers-that-are-heard-by-god/

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Jul 19

@rajk999 said
Ok, You do not have any evidence that I used vulgarities with one of Christ's Saints. That makes you a liar. Liars are one of those listed several times who will be cast into the lake of fire and be tormented for eternity.
You have done it more than once, denying it doesn't change what you said. You may have deleted the posts out of shame and I hope you did. I doubt very seriously you have no memory of what you said, I called you out on it as soon as you said it. If you want to sit in front of God and suggest you never used that type of language, He, you, and I all know you did.

S. Korea

Moves
28 Jul 19

@rajk999 said
This is the reason why I call you an idiot. You make statements and you refuse to answer questions people ask about your statements.

Here is the question again:

Which Saints in Christ have I made vulgar statements about?
The actual reason you call him an idiot is the reason why many people here, including myself, end up resorting to cursing others....

It's a toxic forum where so much is personal, and we are failing ourselves actively by making it worst and trying to serve our ego and responding to these arguments that aren't on topic.

The only banter of a personal nature would ideally be positive and kind.

S. Korea

Moves
28 Jul 19

I honestly would like to see the forum be fixed but I think there's even some part of me that revels in the conflict.

Sometimes I justify it by saying it is just the internet. And sometimes I cling to the idea that it can get better by shaming people for their involvement.

But this hasn't really worked.

S. Korea

Moves
28 Jul 19

@caesar-salad said

Very mature, honestly. I commend you.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Jul 19

@philokalia said
The actual reason you call him an idiot is the reason why many people here, including myself, end up resorting to cursing others....

It's a toxic forum where so much is personal, and we are failing ourselves actively by making it worst and trying to serve our ego and responding to these arguments that aren't on topic.

The only banter of a personal nature would ideally be positive and kind.
I agree. There is so much here that it is easy to get caught up in it and I'm guilty too. I'm learning to slow down with my answers and read what my first reaction post will be to anyone here that's getting under my skin. Then I don't post it for a good 15 minutes or so and read it again. Then I realize it's not good and certainly not the way a Christian should answer. I try to ask myself would Jesus answer it this way? It really does help to calm down the bad reactions....

S. Korea

Moves
28 Jul 19

Very good tactics, Galv.

I think it would also make sense to ignore users who we know will refuse honest discussion.

Don't feed the trolls, right?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 Jul 19

@philokalia said
Very good tactics, Galv.

I think it would also make sense to ignore users who we know will refuse honest discussion.

Don't feed the trolls, right?
Good advice.......

F

Moves
28 Jul 19

@philokalia said
You have absolutely zero credibility on this matter.