What is the point of eternal suffering?

What is the point of eternal suffering?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
24 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
You are a Christian, I assume we have Jesus Christ in common.

If asked to describe God, would you use your own imagination as you believe Him to be, or would you use scripture? Along those same lines, if asked to talk about the attributes of God, would you even mention His goodness, justice, righteousness, holiness, or would you ignore those and just fixate upon the parts of God you like. Do you think God being love can hate at the same time?
Why do you keep asking me this, I’ve told you dozens of times that I believe scripture. I just know that your interpretation of some of it is wildly incorrect.

Moves
24 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
Not responding to questions directed to you isn't either.
Maybe I missed them, please cite page and post and will go look.

Moves
24 Jul 19

@philokalia said
Well, this really shows how long the forum can go. But I was very much a part of this series of exchanges and I take equal responsibility for these comments.

I think it's time to come up with stricter personal standards for how we are posting.

I am sorry for my role in this.
What is worse course language or a lying fornicating heart?

Moves
24 Jul 19

@suzianne said
You. You. You. You. You.

You are doing nothing here but judging, despite you saying you don't judge, God will judge.

Looks like you're applying for the job.

And yeah, no, that is not what "following Christ" is about, hypocrite.
Why is it you lurk through 500 posts of debate and then lurch in swinging your fists as soon as you see one of your detractors post something you don’t like?

Moves
24 Jul 19
1 edit

@philokalia said
Alright, so, where is the specific sticking point?
The sticking point is your (and KellyJay’s and the others not posting in this thread) complete failure to demonstrate the POINT of burning billions of people alive in secret after they are already died once.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Jul 19

@divegeester said
The sticking point is your (and KellyJay’s and the others not posting in this thread) complete failure to demonstrate the POINT of burning billions of people alive in secret after they are already died once.
Sticking to the point when engaged in question and answers it is customary to answer questions put to you in an exchange, not just cry about the part you don't like. You are not defending your side, you just say don't like it as if that matters.

So tell me, a good God, and wicked, evil, sinful people, what is to be done by God?
Ignore the sin, the evil, the wickedness? He is recreating a new universe untouched by all of that, and since nothing exists outside of His making it. What is your answer?

F

Moves
24 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
So tell me, a good God, and wicked, evil, sinful people, what is to be done by God?
Ignore the sin, the evil, the wickedness? He is recreating a new universe untouched by all of that, and since nothing exists outside of His making it. What is your answer?
Deny them everlasting life?

Moves
24 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
So tell me, a good God, and wicked, evil, sinful people, what is to be done by God?Ignore the sin, the evil, the wickedness? He is recreating a new universe untouched by all of that, and since nothing exists outside of His making it. What is your answer?
God will deal with each person according to their deeds it says in Romans.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Jul 19

@suzianne said
You. You. You. You. You.

You are doing nothing here but judging, despite you saying you don't judge, God will judge.

Looks like you're applying for the job.

And yeah, no, that is not what "following Christ" is about, hypocrite.
You. You. You. You. You. ... are the reason why Paul said You. You. You. You. You. must shut up when men are speaking.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Jul 19
1 edit

@philokalia said
Well, this really shows how long the forum can go. But I was very much a part of this series of exchanges and I take equal responsibility for these comments.

I think it's time to come up with stricter personal standards for how we are posting.

I am sorry for my role in this.
Here is what you can do. In a bible discussion, your church has zero credibility or influence. Nobody worships your church fathers around here. Nobody thinks your doctrine is perfect around here. The only thing that matters is what the bible says. There is no such thing as a heretic, except in your church circles.

So when I asked you for proof of that the bible says that the soul is immortal, all that was necessary was a response that says that the bible does not say that the soul is immortal. Appealing to comments from who you call 'saints' and their opinion is annoying and a waste of peoples time.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Jul 19

@divegeester said
God will deal with each person according to their deeds it says in Romans.
Yep, and you think anyone looking how God views things, is going to come away from that experience as anything other than guilty, outside of Christ? As a matter of fact even going to Christ we have to admit our sins and repent, so there isn't anything about any of us that is going to endear us to God, we cannot. We are all short of the glory of God, we have all sinned.

When you think about how good God is, how just He is, how holy He is, what comes to your mind? I'm assuming you have given some thought as to what God is like, do you entertain such thoughts at all?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Jul 19

@rajk999 said
You. You. You. You. You. ... are the reason why Paul said You. You. You. You. You. must shut up when men are speaking.
That mouth of yours is something else, you praise God with that mouth and curse those He loves with it too?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Jul 19

@divegeester said
What is worse course language or a lying fornicating heart?
I'd say someone who says, "I’m not interested in what God should do with people who do evil,.."

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Jul 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
That mouth of yours is something else, you praise God with that mouth and curse those He loves with it too?
You are a biased hypocritical moron. Jesus and all the Apostles condemned false doctrines [like yours] in very strong language. How is is possible to love and hate at the same time [your words], and not possible to praise God and curse liars and crooks [like you] at the same time?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
Yep, and you think anyone looking how God views things, is going to come away from that experience as anything other than guilty, outside of Christ? As a matter of fact even going to Christ we have to admit our sins and repent, so there isn't anything about any of us that is going to endear us to God, we cannot. We are all short of the glory of God, we have all sinned.

Wh ...[text shortened]... assuming you have given some thought as to what God is like, do you entertain such thoughts at all?
More nonsense. Your church doctrine promotes that all people are either going to get eternal life or eternal torment. There is no punishment or reward according to their deeds.