What is the point of eternal suffering?

What is the point of eternal suffering?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Jul 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
You should read the whole Bible, it is in there.
Telling people to “read the bible” is not a particularly strong debating tactic KelyJay.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Jul 19

@divegeester said
I understand that my view on this is not palatable to yourself and other believers in the god who torture people for eternity for no apparent reason other than being offended by their sin.

I am inviting you to present a rational case supporting the point of carrying out this abominable deliberate torture, and you cannot provide one. All I hear from you is this constan ...[text shortened]... unable to U-turn on it despite your inability to provide any sort of coherent justification for it.
You are a Christian, I assume we have Jesus Christ in common.

If asked to describe God, would you use your own imagination as you believe Him to be, or would you use scripture? Along those same lines, if asked to talk about the attributes of God, would you even mention His goodness, justice, righteousness, holiness, or would you ignore those and just fixate upon the parts of God you like. Do you think God being love can hate at the same time?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Jul 19

@divegeester said
Telling people to “read the bible” is not a particularly strong debating tactic KelyJay.
Not responding to questions directed to you isn't either.

F

Moves
23 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
Along those same lines, if asked to talk about the attributes of God, would you even mention His goodness, justice, righteousness, holiness, or would you ignore those and just fixate upon the parts of God you like. Do you think God being love can hate at the same time?
divegeester is "fixated" on the parts of your torture ideology that are morally incoherent and that you are unable to explain without making 'It is because it is' type arguments.

S. Korea

Moves
23 Jul 19

@rajk999 said
You need to stop licking the fathers' balls and start discussing these matters without resorting to calling people heretics. Your church is full of the worst mankind has to offer from blatant sexual immorality, child abuse, false doctrines, greed and materialism. You beloved Catholic Church is the product of Satan, and has nothing to do with God and Christ.
Well, this really shows how long the forum can go. But I was very much a part of this series of exchanges and I take equal responsibility for these comments.

I think it's time to come up with stricter personal standards for how we are posting.

I am sorry for my role in this.

S. Korea

Moves
23 Jul 19

@fmf said
divegeester is "fixated" on the parts of your torture ideology that are morally incoherent and that you are unable to explain without making 'It is because it is' type arguments.
You have not actually showed how they are morally incoherent, though, and have given up on the exchanges with myself here.

F

Moves
23 Jul 19

@philokalia said
I think it's time to come up with stricter personal standards for how we are posting.
You have zero credibility on this issue.

F

Moves
23 Jul 19
1 edit

@philokalia said
You have not actually showed how they are morally incoherent, though, and have given up on the exchanges with myself here.
The burden is yours. If you think it is coherent, good for you. But I do not share your profoundly superstitious corporate-religion-driven outlook, so I attribute the "coherence" you see in the "morality" of what you believe to the malignant narcissism of your ideology.

You have done your best, presumably. You should live your life in accordance with your torture god ideology and all the daft good-enough-for-you little assertions and perceived "facts" that prop it up.

I am not going to let the misanthropic mumbo jumbo that works for you affect the reality in which I live, other than to listen to what you have to say on this forum.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Jul 19

@rajk999 said
Man worship is equivalent to idolatry, and it is rampant in the Christian churches. Your nice sweet words of lies and false doctrines that lead people away from the truth is Satanic. You are a product of a false church which has degraded the doctrine of Christ. You worship Christ with your mouth and you are like the goats that will be cast out of the Kingdom of God because you do not believe in the good works which Jesus said must be done.
You. You. You. You. You.

You are doing nothing here but judging, despite you saying you don't judge, God will judge.

Looks like you're applying for the job.

And yeah, no, that is not what "following Christ" is about, hypocrite.

F

Moves
23 Jul 19

@suzianne said
You are doing nothing here but judging, despite you saying you don't judge, God will judge.
Oh, the irony.

S. Korea

Moves
24 Jul 19

@fmf said
You have zero credibility on this issue.
I am glad because then it means that I have the potential to exceed a lot of people's expectations~!

S. Korea

Moves
24 Jul 19
1 edit

@fmf said
The burden is yours. If you think it is coherent, good for you. But I do not share your profoundly superstitious corporate-religion-driven outlook, so I attribute the "coherence" you see in the "morality" of what you believe to the malignant narcissism of your ideology.

You have done your best, presumably. You should live your life in accordance with your torture god ideology ...[text shortened]... you affect the reality in which I live, other than to listen to what you have to say on this forum.
Alright, so, where is the specific sticking point?

God is more about cosmic justice as a part of the good in the universe than He is about absolute, unconditional love. At least, the internal logic of the Bible has shown that He cares about justice, and the notion that He exists solely to unconditionally love & shower mercy upon everything equally is not supportable from a Biblical standpoint.

What is the sticking point?

If the sticking point is that you don't believe in God or the Bible, then so be it. That is actually quite a different point.

If you still think, though, that my position is incoherent as far as the Bible goes, please let me know.

Now, if your position is that the Bible is somehow incoherent... THis would also be somethign we can debate.

Do you agree with the parameters I outline here?

F

Moves
24 Jul 19

@philokalia said
I am glad because then it means that I have the potential to exceed a lot of people's expectations~!
If you stop pretending you have credibility on this issue, it will exceed my expectations.

F

Moves
24 Jul 19

@philokalia said
Alright, so, where is the specific sticking point?
Read through this thread, and the other thread. I am happy I have shared my perspective effectively.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Jul 19

@philokalia said
🙂