What is the point of eternal suffering?

What is the point of eternal suffering?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Jul 19

@philokalia said
Who do you think actually provides a better interpretation of the scriptures. Some Protestant looking backwards into it, or a saint who was a thousand years closer to the originals?

Do you really think you can come up with zany explanations for these passages that only makes sense in subsequently invented Protestant interpretations that are always looking for some way a ...[text shortened]... you even have the vaguely rational Mainline Protestant views. Just tell me what you're trying to do.
Saint? You now claim to know who are saints and who are not?

Another piece of Catholic church nonsense.

F

Moves
23 Jul 19

@rajk999 said
Saint?
The ones with halos in oil paintings.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Jul 19

@fmf said
Philokalia - about 3-4 months ago - picked KellyJay out as one of the great thinkers and writers in this community.
I think they are both are substandard in the education and writing skills department and both have had their reasoning ability eaten away by foolish church doctrines. This is why they cannot think for themselves. Discussing these matters with them is like reading their church manuals.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Jul 19

@rajk999 said
How many people you think had access to the scripture from the time of Adam to now?

Your entire post is utter church nonsense and is a clear demonstration of how church doctrines have messed up your mind and your ability to reason.
Jesus made it clear He is the only way to God, man may say that there are many paths to their gods, and that might be true for them, but that is not important the only point that matters is, Jesus is the only way to His Father.

God created us all, and yet in time He created a single people through whom Jesus was to come. This shows us it’s God’s only approved way to Himself. We don’t get to go to God any way we desire but the way He has made.

The OT shows us the Temple of the Lord how it was setup so the high priest could only enter the Holy place beyond the curtain in a prescribed time and manner. When Jesus died that curtain was torn top to bottom by God. We can approach God in Christ, outside of Christ we are dead in our sins.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Jul 19
2 edits

@kellyjay said
Jesus made it clear He is the only way to God, man may say that there are many paths to their gods, and that might be true for them, but that is not important the only point that matters is, Jesus is the only way to His Father.

God created us all, and yet in time He created a single people through whom Jesus was to come. This shows us it’s God’s only approved way to Himse ...[text shortened]... torn top to bottom by God. We can approach God in Christ, outside of Christ we are dead in our sins.
I notice you cannot answer that question. Instead you deceitfully sidestep it and regurgitate your church garbage.

Here is the question another way. There are many before Christ who never knew of Christ but who will be in the Kingdom of God. How do you account for that?

Jesus is the only way to God is true, but you do not understand how it works. Your church teaching is that one must profess their faith in Christ, before they can live righteously. This is a false doctrine which Jesus did not preach.

Jesus is the only way to God means that the teachings and commandments is the only way to God. This is clearly demonstrated in the judgment day scenario detailed by Jesus himself. All people are judged and welcomed into the Kingdom of God based on their works and their righteousness.

S. Korea

Moves
23 Jul 19

@rajk999 said
WHAT ???!! Are you right in your head? You are the fool that goes around here calling people heretic because they do not support your church nonsense.

Let me tell you
- your doctrine of the eternal soul is unbiblical and fabricated
- your doctrine of eternal torment is an insult to the very God in which you claim to believe
- your church has gone very far astray fr ...[text shortened]... this very same 'immortal soul' matter several times in different threads and you ignored me.

-
(1) You persist in your illiteracy. I told you PLAINLY that I found this point interesting, and I had discovered that there were even early Church fathers that believed that the soul only possesses eternity by virtue of God willing it...

Are you seriously going to bring up the heretical view that God wills it out of eternity?

(2) Our Church denounced universalism and what amounts to the annihilationism many here preach, and it renounced the concept that hell is abolished in the sixth century.

What's your position on these things?

(3) If Orthodoxy has "gone astray," who hasn't?

The Church of Rajk & the 21st century anglophone's interpretation of ancient scripture?

S. Korea

Moves
23 Jul 19

@rajk999 said
I think they are both are substandard in the education and writing skills department and both have had their reasoning ability eaten away by foolish church doctrines. This is why they cannot think for themselves. Discussing these matters with them is like reading their church manuals.
Imagine thinking that Rajk & his Bible under the tree have seen a unique, compelling doctrine that two thousand years of Church fathers could never hope to see.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Jul 19

@philokalia said
Imagine thinking that Rajk & his Bible under the tree have seen a unique, compelling doctrine that two thousand years of Church fathers could never hope to see.
You need to stop licking the fathers' balls and start discussing these matters without resorting to calling people heretics. Your church is full of the worst mankind has to offer from blatant sexual immorality, child abuse, false doctrines, greed and materialism. You beloved Catholic Church is the product of Satan, and has nothing to do with God and Christ.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
23 Jul 19

@fmf said
Philokalia - about 3-4 months ago - picked KellyJay out as one of the great thinkers and writers in this community.
A good bit of levity to start the day .

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Jul 19

@rajk999 said
I notice you cannot answer that question. Instead you deceitfully sidestep it and regurgitate your church garbage.

Here is the question another way. There are many before Christ who never knew of Christ but who will be in the Kingdom of God. How do you account for that?

Jesus is the only way to God is true, but you do not understand how it works. Your church teaching i ...[text shortened]... people are judged and welcomed into the Kingdom of God based on their works and their righteousness.
You should read the whole Bible, it is in there.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Jul 19
2 edits

@rajk999 said
You need to stop licking the fathers' balls and start discussing these matters without resorting to calling people heretics. Your church is full of the worst mankind has to offer from blatant sexual immorality, child abuse, false doctrines, greed and materialism. You beloved Catholic Church is the product of Satan, and has nothing to do with God and Christ.
That foul mouth of yours, do believe it is glorifying God when you say such things? You count things like that being said by you from the fruit of the Spirit of God, or of the flesh which cannot please God?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
That foul mouth of yours, do believe it is glorifying God when you say such things? You count things like that being said by you from the fruit of the Spirit of God, or of the flesh which cannot please God?
Man worship is equivalent to idolatry, and it is rampant in the Christian churches. Your nice sweet words of lies and false doctrines that lead people away from the truth is Satanic. You are a product of a false church which has degraded the doctrine of Christ. You worship Christ with your mouth and you are like the goats that will be cast out of the Kingdom of God because you do not believe in the good works which Jesus said must be done.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Jul 19

@philokalia said
You're doing everything that you can't fit Christ into your interpretation of what he should be to please the world.
You’re the one fornicating with your girlfriend, I’m just protesting against burning people alive.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Jul 19

@philokalia said
You are a Christian who has no idea how to consistently read the fine and you're telling me about interpretation? That is certainly rich.
I believe that as scripture says John was in a dream-state of visions when he saw all those seven headed beasts being ridden by whores wearing robes dipped in blood and saw lakes of burning surfer with people being thrown in.

You choose to believe all these things are literal despite the book telling you the man was having visions.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Jul 19
1 edit

@fmf said
And he claimed Romans1009, the poster struck off of the site for spamming the forums and stalking posters about wife-rape and child sex, was “one of the best posters on the site”.