Using the Bible to insult people

Using the Bible to insult people

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
22 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
Because every single time you were asked a question along the lines of 'How does James 4:4 apply to divegeester's quip in reply to Wolfgang59's quip on that General Forum thread? ' you dodged and dodged and dodged.
No. I answered. So many times. I've actually done my best to answer you courteously, but it seems to be time and effort wasted, since either you don't read what people say or you want only some unguessable answer of your own devising.

What I didn't do was say what you wanted. Other people are not your puppets.

Moves
22 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
The question is clear. I can't put it any more simply. Why didn't josephw cite it in a comment addressed to you if it also applies to you? You said James 4:4 applies to everyone. Doesn't "everyone" include you?
Please post a reference to the comment you consider Joseph to have addressed to me.

F

Moves
22 Feb 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Startreader
No. I answered. So many times. I've actually done my best to answer you courteously, but it seems to be time and effort wasted, since either you don't read what people say or you want only some unguessable answer of your own devising.
This is the whole point. I am looking back at the answers you actually did give. And all I find is evasion. I don't think you did your best to answer questions at all.

I think you were doing your best to not criticize josephw for his obvious, blatant use of a Bible verse to try to land a forum punch on the chin of a fellow Christian he feels animosity towards.

I think your efforts have been channeled into not breaking ranks with josephw ~ regardless of his tawdry use of the Bible ~ because you also feel animosity towards divegeester.

I have been looking back at your supposed answers. This is what I found.

F

Moves
22 Feb 16

Please post a reference to the comment you consider Joseph to have addressed to me.
You are pretending not to understand the question you are being asked.

If, as you say, James 4:4 applies to everyone, why didn't josephw cite it in a comment addressed to you if it also applies to you?

Moves
22 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
This is the whole point. I am looking back at the answers you actually did give. And all I find is evasion. I don't think you did your best to answer questions at all.

I think you were doing your best to not criticize josephw for his obvious, blatant use of a Bible verse to try to land a forum punch on the chin of a fellow Christian he feels animosity toward ...[text shortened]... owards divegeester.

I have been looking back at your supposed answers. This is what I found.
"Not breaking ranks with JosephW"?

Are you insane? I don't know him! There are no ranks to break!

Moves
22 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
You are pretending not to understand the question you are being asked.

If, as you say, James 4:4 applies to everyone, why didn't josephw cite it in a comment addressed to you if it also applies to you?
Ask him!

I've no idea!

F

Moves
22 Feb 16

"Not breaking ranks with JosephW"?

Are you insane? I don't know him! There are no ranks to break!
Did you not tell divegeester he should thank josephw for citing a Bible verse about "enmity against God" and being "an enemy of God" in the middle of some General Forum chatter?

F

Moves
22 Feb 16

Ask him!

I've no idea!
Do you have any idea why he directed it at divegeester? Do you think it was an appropriate use of the Bible verse in the circumstances?

F

Moves
22 Feb 16

No. I answered. So many times. I've actually done my best to answer you courteously...
Here's an example of our discussion (page 12-13) that conflicts with your impression of how you discuss things:

FMF: Do you think divegeester is the kind of "enemy of God" that is mentioned in James 4:4?

Startreader: Read it in context. We are each and all exhorted to "resist the devil". It applies to everyone.

FMF: Does josephw's citing of Janes 4:4 now make you wary of having anything to do with non-Christians [like Wolfgang59] on this web site?

Startreader: Who? Me? Of course not!

FMF: So josephw's citing of James 4:4 DOES apply when divegeester swaps quips with non-Christian Wolfgang59 but... it doesn't apply if you swaps quips with non-Christian Wolfgang59? Didn't you just say James 4:4 "applies to everyone"?

Startreader: Offspring of vipers, how can you speak good things, when you are wicked? Matthew 12:34

Moves
22 Feb 16
3 edits

Isn't 33 pages of going over the same ground, saying the same thing over and over again, enough for you? Demanding answers, failing to read them, demanding the same already-answered answers over and over again enough for you?

Do you call that debate? It bears no semblance to any form of debate elsewhere.

Extraordinary!

There's none so queer as folks!
This is a debate forum where people discuss things. I have opened a debate about josephw using the Bible to call me an enemy of God. I say this is one of the nastiest pieces of passive-agressive invective I've ever seen posted in these forums, from one Christian to another and done in a snide way. If nothing else, it is my prerogative to address it with him, but he is too cowardly to stand up and explain what he meant. Unless you class him doing that at the top of page 2.

You too have called me nasty things over and over and over again. If you think I'm going to just sit back at let you josephw, carrobie and the rest of your cronies call me some of the most horrible things one christian can say to another, then you need to wake up.

F

Moves
22 Feb 16
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
[josephw] is too cowardly to stand up explain what he meant. Unless you class him doing that at the top of page 2.
What josephw wrote on page 2 just explains why he feels animosity towards you, it does not explain how the Bible verse cited was anything other than a deliberate and calculated insult or what it plausibly might have had to do with the General Forum chatter that it was an intervention in.

Moves
22 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
What josephw wrote on page 2 just explains why he feels animosity towards you, it does not explain how the Bible verse cited was anything other than a deliberate and calculated insult or what it plausibly might have had to do with the General Forum chatter that it was an intervention in.
He's disappeared, as he usually does when he finds himself in bad odour and under scrutiny.

Moves
22 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
Here's an example of our discussion (page 12-13) that conflicts with your impression of how you discuss things:

[b]FMF
: Do you think divegeester is the kind of "enemy of God" that is mentioned in James 4:4?

Startreader: Read it in context. We are each and all exhorted to "resist the devil". It applies to everyone.

FMF: Does josephw's c ...[text shortened]... ader[/b]: Offspring of vipers, how can you speak good things, when you are wicked? Matthew 12:34[/b]
Major misquote!

That last passage, that you have attributed to me, can be read on page 13 of this thread.

I did not post that. Robbie Carrobie did.

Please retract and apologise.

Moves
22 Feb 16

He's disappeared, as he usually does when he finds himself in bad odour and under scrutiny.
Who are you talking about?

Moves
22 Feb 16

This is a debate forum where people discuss things. I have opened a debate about josephw using the Bible to call me an enemy of God. I say this is one of the nastiest pieces of passive-agressive invective I've ever seen posted in these forums, from one Christian to another and done in a snide way. If nothing else, it is my prerogative to address it with ...[text shortened]... me some of the most horrible things one christian can say to another, then you need to wake up.
You seem not to know what a debate is, nor the customary rules of debate.