Unintelligent Design

Unintelligent Design

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
11 Apr 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Because of the nature of languages that are constantly being used, words are created and changed, according to need or desire by the intelligent beings that speak them, thus the guided process. U.S. English also has included words from other languages due to the mixing of the people from many nations. As a word becomes more commonly used by the people it i ...[text shortened]... aluminum, which they pronounce differently because of the different break down of the syllables.
Where is the guided process?

"words are created and changed, according to need or desire" sounds like evolution

There is no guided process.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Where is the guided process?

"words are created and changed, according to need or desire" sounds like evolution

There is no guided process.
Evolution does not create words. Only intelligence can do that. Evilution can not create plants and animals because only intelligence can do that. We are living beings that are created by an intelligent creator. English is a living language that was created by an intelligent being.

I understand that the word "evolve" came from a latin word meaning to unroll something that was rolled up, especially a scroll or book. It was then given different meanings, by intelligent beings, like many other words and often just means something that has changed in todays usage. That is the way I used it in referring to the language.

The evilutionists use the word that way too, but also have additional meanings that are not factual. So men have changed over time, but they have not evolved in the extreme way that evilutionists use the word.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
11 Apr 13
1 edit

I understand that the word "evolve" came from a latin word meaning to unroll something that was rolled up, especially a scroll or book. It was then given different meanings, by intelligent beings, like many other words and often just means something that has changed in todays usage. That is the way I used it in referring to the language.

The evilutionis ...[text shortened]... anged over time, but they have not evolved in the extreme way that evilutionists use the word.
You cannot arbitrarily give your own meaning to words and expect others to understand you!!

Language evolves by a process of natural selection - there is no governing body,
nobody controls it (the French tried but failed). Nobody can predict the English
of the future - there is no way at all you can justify your assertion that it has
been consciously planned. (Guided process as you say)

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Apr 13

You cannot arbitrarily give your own meaning to words and expect others to understand you!!

Language evolves by a process of natural selection - there is no governing body,
nobody controls it (the French tried but failed). Nobody can predict the English
of the future - there is no way at all you can justify your assertion that it has
been consciously planned. (Guided process as you say)
You can't prove it isn't either. I rely on the Holy Bible as my source of truth, but you have nothing. God gave the first man and woman a language in which to communicate. God also confounded the language at the Tower of Babel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_of_Babel

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
11 Apr 13

You can't prove it isn't either. I rely on the Holy Bible as my source of truth, but you have nothing. God gave the first man and woman a language in which to communicate. God also confounded the language at the Tower of Babel.

Typical - you come out with BS, try to defend it for a post or two, then
realising your own stupidity you come back with

"You can't prove it isn't either"

Normal people have a reason behind what they say and can support what they believe.
You have nothing.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Apr 13

Typical - you come out with BS, try to defend it for a post or two, then
realising your own stupidity you come back with

"You can't prove it isn't either"

Normal people have a reason behind what they say and can support what they believe.
You have nothing.
Who are these normal people you guys keep referring to?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
12 Apr 13

Who are these normal people you guys keep referring to?
normal people

a good working definition would be

"people other than RJHinds"

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Apr 13

normal people

a good working definition would be

"people other than RJHinds"
He, he, ha, ha, ha. More science fiction. 😀

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
12 Apr 13

He, he, ha, ha, ha. More science fiction. 😀
This is really great, watching RJ dig himself deeper and deeper into oblivion.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Apr 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
This is really great, watching RJ dig himself deeper and deeper into oblivion.
I know you atheists do not understand intelligent design. That is why you rely on science fiction, like the theory of evilution.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Apr 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Kelly, you've vanished.

What are these so called problems you've mentioned?
Busy not forgotten you. 🙂
Kelly

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 Apr 13

Originally posted by KellyJay
Busy not forgotten you. 🙂
Kelly
No rush Kelly. I'm not going anywhere.

Z

Moves
12 Apr 13

I know you atheists do not understand intelligent design. That is why you rely on science fiction, like the theory of evilution.
you keep using that ridiculous pun i see. did anyone congratulate you on your incredibly sharp wit? i suspect that pretty much every user on this forum cringes every time you use that dumbass term.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Apr 13

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
you keep using that ridiculous pun i see. did anyone congratulate you on your incredibly sharp wit? i suspect that pretty much every user on this forum cringes every time you use that dumbass term.
It's not original from RJ. It's plagiarized, again, letting ANYONE else do his thinking but himself.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Apr 13

At least you're not saying that language was English. 🙂