Unintelligent Design

Unintelligent Design

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Apr 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59
🙄
Really?
Who would have known.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Soothfast
Geologists have employed radioisotope dating to determine that the Earth is about 4.5 billion years old. Different isotopes may be used to do this, but they all converge on the same approximate value.

Meanwhile, perhaps you are not aware that astronomers have determined that the sun is 4.5 billion years old through entirely independent means not at all ure in the past or the future. Physical processes are continuous in nature on the macro scale.
When you put garbage in you get garbage out.

You say, "Astronomers have countless stars that they can observe at different stages of their life."

However, they have never seen a star form.

You say, "If you know anything about differential equations, you would know that you do not need to know a system's initial conditions to make predictions about its nature in the past or the future."

I made "A" in Differential Equations" in college and I know you can not us it to solve every problem.

As you say, "Physical processes are continuous in nature on the macro scale."

That is why nobody has ever seen a frog turn into a prince in real life. And it doesn't depend on billions of years. It depends on how the fool is educated.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Apr 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59
🙄
Really?
I had a feeling that some of you guys were ignorant of this as well as many other things. Now it is time to get yourself educated so that you will not remain ignorant. 😏

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
07 Apr 13

Originally posted by KellyJay
I think its possible it can happen, but do you acknowledge that is the only way
you'd see things like that occuring, only time is involved?
Kelly
Volcanic ash Kelly can only come from a volcanic eruption. There's a fragmentation process which happens to the magma as it is blown into the sky due to the intense heat and pressure's involved. The magma turns into very small grains of glass. So when volcanic ash is found in ice core samples it has to have come from a volcanic eruption.

As for your question, give me example of how volcanic ash can be found hundreds of metres deep within an ice shelf and time not be involved. How did it get there?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Apr 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Volcanic ash Kelly can only come from a volcanic eruption. There's a fragmentation process which happens to the magma as it is blown into the sky due to the intense heat and pressure's involved. The magma turns into very small grains of glass. So when volcanic ash is found in ice core samples it has to have come from a volcanic eruption.

As for your ...[text shortened]... nd hundreds of metres deep within an ice shelf and time not be involved. How did it get there?
There has been over 4000 years since the flood and I am sure there has been volcanic eruptions since then and probably before then. So it takes little imagination to conclude that some volcanic ash was in the flood waters that froze at the north and south poles, etc. 😏

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Apr 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
There has been over 4000 years since the flood and I am sure there has been volcanic eruptions since then and probably before then. So it takes little imagination to conclude that some volcanic ash was in the flood waters that froze at the north and south poles, etc. 😏
And you have as little imagination as anyone on the planet.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Apr 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob

As for your ...[text shortened]... nd hundreds of metres deep within an ice shelf and time not be involved. How did it get there?
Not denying ash is there, but that is means this or that my be problematic.
Kelly

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
07 Apr 13

Kelly
What do you mean by problematic? Problematic for who and how?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Apr 13
1 edit

[b]When you put garbage in you get garbage out.

You say, "Astronomers have countless stars that they can observe at different stages of their life."

However, they have never seen a star form.

You say, "If you know anything about differential equations, you would know that you do not need to know a system's initial conditions to make predi it doesn't depend on billions of years. It depends on how the fool is educated.[/b][/b]
You are so ignorant it is funny. Stars HAVE been seen in the earliest stages of formation, something you would have known if you had perhaps actually looked at a modern astronomy text or the papers online. Here is one such link if you actually have the balls to look at it. More likely you'll just stick to your pathetic display of ignorance and keep bleating BAHHAHH, God did it. It says so in my fairy tale book.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/SOFIA/messier_42.html

Your ignorance knows no bounds.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Apr 13
1 edit

Kelly
Now there is a clear declarative statement. Where do you guys come up with this? Hilarious anyway....

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Apr 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
You are so ignorant it is funny. Stars HAVE been seen in the earliest stages of formation, something you would have known if you had perhaps actually looked at a modern astronomy text or the papers online. Here is one such link if you actually have the balls to look at it. More likely you'll just stick to your pathetic display of ignorance and keep bleatin ...[text shortened]... .

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/SOFIA/messier_42.html

Your ignorance knows no bounds.
This says nothing about them seeing a star form. It is only speculation about stars forming. God has already formed all the stars and counted them and given them names. We are only discovering stars that were already there, but too far away for us to see.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Apr 13
2 edits

This says nothing about them seeing a star form. It is only speculation about stars forming. God has already formed all the stars and counted them and given them names. We are only discovering stars that were already there, but too far away for us to see.
So I guess that would be a no. You didn't actually read the piece, just skimmed it.
You don't seem to realize there are stars in ALL stages of development and they are imaged all the time. Like this one:

http://www.nrao.edu/pr/2013/protostar/

Of course you will poo poo this one just like all the rest.

You take lemonade and all you see is citric acid.

Or this:

http://science.nasa.gov/astrophysics/focus-areas/how-do-stars-form-and-evolve/

I love that word 'evolve'.

Mere humans are way too stupid to figure anything out, of course. Right?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Apr 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
So I guess that would be a no. You didn't actually read the piece, just skimmed it.
You don't seem to realize there are stars in ALL stages of development and they are imaged all the time. Like this one:

http://www.nrao.edu/pr/2013/protostar/

Of course you will poo poo this one just like all the rest.

You take lemonade and all you see is citric a ...[text shortened]... t word 'evolve'.

Mere humans are way too stupid to figure anything out, of course. Right?
Stars don't evolve either. They are made by God.

Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also.

(Genesis 1:16 NKJV)

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Apr 13

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Apr 13
2 edits

Stars don't evolve either. They are made by God.

[b]Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also.

(Genesis 1:16 NKJV)[/b]
More of your fairy tales. Of course mere humans couldn't think themselves out of a paper bag, right? Its amazing how well we do according to you in anything that doesn't involve evolution or disputes the biblical fairy tales, eh. Funny how they use the exact same scientific principles for everything in science yet only evolution and how life started come under your pathetic gun.

Take a look at this: the Lunar orbiter launched recently to find water on the moon and geologic activity there:

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/news/grail-results.html

I imagine you have nothing against the results of that probe, eh.