Unintelligent Design

Unintelligent Design

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Apr 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
why mention the flood??? are you suggesting its responsible for causing the effect of 600,000 years of ice layers??
The 600,000 years is all in the imaginations of men. 😏

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Apr 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
So how would you explain your version of ice layers, apparently they accumulated at the rate of about 1000 per year back 6000 years ago, about 3 per day, it sounds like according to your world view. How do you explain that, what is your version of what was going on back then and why do we see the stately 1 layer per year happening now when apparently it was a thousand times faster, 3 per day or so back then.
And how long did that go on and when did it slow down to the rate we see today?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Apr 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Elaborate please Kelly. I have no idea what you're talking about.
Look just like 2+3=5 so does 3+2=5, meaning there are more than one way to
get there. With tree rings seasonal changes may cause rings, events have a
way of doing things that. When checking the life cycle of some products people
will do things to their product to simulate age or usage over time, the end
result of those types of stresses will give an appearance of normal time
passage. I've always been okay saying according to this test this appears to be
that old, but I've never been good with saying millions or billions of years old as
if that were a fact. Mainly for the reasons I've told you before, the how and why
did it all start?
Kelly

Cape Town

Moves
05 Apr 13

Originally posted by KellyJay
I've always been okay saying according to this test this appears to be
that old, but I've never been good with saying millions or billions of years old as
if that were a fact. Mainly for the reasons I've told you before, the how and why
did it all start?
Kelly
We both know that that is not true. The only reason you have reservations is because it contradicts the Bible. You do not ask the how and why did it all start for anything that does not contradict the Bible.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
05 Apr 13

result of those types of stresses will give an app ...[text shortened]... fact. Mainly for the reasons I've told you before, the how and why
did it all start?
Kelly
Sorry, but i don't see what relevance any of your post has do with the dating of ice core samples using material from a volcanic eruption. That is what I'm discussing and what I addressed in my post.

Do you accept that material from volcanic eruptions can be found in ice core samples?

Moves
05 Apr 13
1 edit

result of those types of stresses will give an app fact. Mainly for the reasons I've told you before, the how and why
did it all start?
Kelly
we are talking about ice samples that date back 600,000 - 700,000 thousand years, not billions.

you accept tree rings as evidence because we can watch them grow. well we also watch the ice grow year after year and we see the rings develop year after year. so your conclusion is that we can only measure a tree or ice that we can witness grow. for arguments sake lets accept this, where does that leave us, we still have the equivalent of 600,000 years of ice, so how did it build up so quickly, in the space of a few thousand years. it cannot have been a large body of water that froze because that wouldnt create the separate rings we find caused by the seasonal weather changes. so what conclusion would you draw? something happened that froze 600,000 years worth of water in a pattern that is exactly the same as seasonal changes???? could there have been a period where the season changed on a weekly basis??

if you are correct and some unknown anomaly caused the equivalent of 600,000 years of snow to build in a seasonal pattern in a few years - are you aware of just how major an event like that would be? do you know how cold it would need to get for that amount of snow to fall in such a short time. especially as in your world man would be living through it.

oh and when you are thinking about how it could happen so quickly, you need to think also about the sulpher and oxygen samples trapped in each layer (as mentioned by proper knob) which shows they were trapped at different temperatures to near by layers above and below. they can measure the atomic weight of elements found, they can measure the ratio of elements found and the vary greatly over (what we think are decades, but you think are hours) time.

you could argue god did it with magic, but there is no scientific possibility that 600,000 years of ice with seasonal rings and trapped minerals developed in such a short period. the conditions for that to happen are impossible.

Moves
05 Apr 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
could you explain how 600,000 years of ice with seasonal rings built up in a few thousand?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Apr 13

Sorry, but i don't see what relevance any of your post has do with the dating of ice core samples using material from a volcanic eruption. That is what I'm discussing and what I addressed in my post.

Do you accept that material from volcanic eruptions can be found in ice core samples?
Sure why not?
I lived next to an active volcano for a short period of time in Alaskan Aleutian Islands.
Kelly

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Apr 13

Sure why not?
I lived next to an active volcano for a short period of time in Alaskan Aleutian Islands.
Kelly
Were you in the Air Force? I went to Anchorage High School. Saw the result of a volcano but didn't see the actual eruption. Walked on a glacier though.

Moves
05 Apr 13

Sure why not?
Kelly
if an event occurred that caused the equivalent of 500,000 years of ice to build up in 3,000 years do you think the deposits of ash from volcanic eruptions would be the same as if the ice had actually taken 500,000 years to build? would we find less, more or equal amounts in each layer?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Apr 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
So how would you explain your version of ice layers, apparently they accumulated at the rate of about 1000 per year back 6000 years ago, about 3 per day, it sounds like according to your world view. How do you explain that, what is your version of what was going on back then and why do we see the stately 1 layer per year happening now when apparently it was ...[text shortened]... so back then.
And how long did that go on and when did it slow down to the rate we see today?
These cores represent snowfall that has turned to ice. Can we know how often it snowed every year of the past 4000 years after the worldwide flood?

Some creationist models predict significant quantities of snow immediately after the Flood. Perhaps as much as 95% of the ice near the poles could have accumulated in the first 500 years or so after the Flood.

Oard, M.J., 1990. "An Ice Age Caused by the Genesis Flood." ICR Monograph, 243 pp.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/tj/v15/n3/greenland

Geological Evidence Indicates Rapid Formation

http://www.icr.org/earth-formation/

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
06 Apr 13

Sure why not?
Kelly
Do you accept that volcanic ash and sulfur in ice sore samples can be correlated with known volcanic eruptions? For instance Krakatoa erupted in 1883 and sure enough there is volcanic ash and sulfur in ice core samples from that year.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Apr 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
Were you in the Air Force? I went to Anchorage High School. Saw the result of a volcano but didn't see the actual eruption. Walked on a glacier though.
Navy, I was on Adak...for a year, 12 days, 14 hours, and 12 minutes. πŸ™‚
The first few months were not bad, the Navy chess champ was there I won 1
game out of 50 I think. LOL
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Apr 13

Do you accept that volcanic ash and sulfur in ice sore samples can be correlated with known volcanic eruptions? For instance Krakatoa erupted in 1883 and sure enough there is volcanic ash and sulfur in ice core samples from that year.
I think its possible it can happen, but do you acknowledge that is the only way
you'd see things like that occuring, only time is involved?
Kelly

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Apr 13

Navy, I was on Adak...for a year, 12 days, 14 hours, and 12 minutes. πŸ™‚
The first few months were not bad, the Navy chess champ was there I won 1
game out of 50 I think. LOL
Kelly
And 12 minutes. Wow, you must have really loved itπŸ™‚ The biggest thing in town was the coke machineπŸ™‚