Unintelligent Design

Unintelligent Design

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
02 Apr 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
You know that is not what I said. What makes you atheists lie so much?
Feel free to try and point out what I lied about. If you manage to, I will admit it, and apologize. If you don't manage to, then please retract your claim that I lied.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Apr 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
Feel free to try and point out what I lied about. If you manage to, I will admit it, and apologize. If you don't manage to, then please retract your claim that I lied.
I will not repeat your lies and I will not retract my claim that you lied about what I have said.

Cape Town

Moves
02 Apr 13

I will not repeat your lies and I will not retract my claim that you lied about what I have said.
I thought so. Its always easy to find out who the real liar is. Its the one that doesn't want to discuss it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Apr 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
do you know any screwed up and bad science, thought of by the science world as fact, that have no conflict with your religious views?
To my knowledege, evilution is not thought of by the science world as fact. It is thought of as unproven theory. Why else would some keep trying to prove it, if it were already thought of as fact instead of fiction?

Cape Town

Moves
02 Apr 13

To my knowledege, evilution is not thought of by the science world as fact. It is thought of as unproven theory. Why else would some keep trying to prove it, if it were already thought of as fact instead of fiction?
You have been told many many times on this forum that it is fact. You have probably also been told that in science, the status of 'Theory' as opposed to 'hypothesis', is usually reserved for something that is established fact.
Nobody, to my knowledge keeps trying to prove it, within the scientific world. A few of us may try to explain some of the evidence to you, which you may have mistaken for attempts to prove it.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
02 Apr 13

Tip:
Do not begin an argument with "To my knowledge" it immeditely limits you.

Moves
03 Apr 13

so what examples do you have of 'non conflict with religion' based science do you have that you disagree with? i mean, wouldnt it be odd if the only example you can give of science getting it wrong would be when it disagrees with your religion?!?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Apr 13

so what examples do you have of 'non conflict with religion' based science do you have that you disagree with? i mean, wouldnt it be odd if the only example you can give of science getting it wrong would be when it disagrees with your religion?!?
Why would that be odd? There is one part of medical science that I disagree with, even though I can understand why it is done. There are some diseases that pills, with many possible side effects are used to reduce the symptoms rather than to determine the cause of the symptoms, so that the cause can be treated.

Moves
03 Apr 13

Why would that be odd? There is one part of medical science that I disagree with, even though I can understand why it is done. There are some diseases that pills, with many possible side effects are used to reduce the symptoms rather than to determine the cause of the symptoms, so that the cause can be treated.
so you have zero examples scientific facts that outside of the ones that conflict with your religious views.

in that case can you give me any examples of science using guess work to reach their conclusions other than the times it conflicts with your religious views?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Apr 13
3 edits

you dont know if the ball will come back down using your logic.

'or the distant past we are left our imaginations to fill in the blanks.'

isnt it rather odd that the maths fits with whats been imagined by scientists, isnt it odd that scientists can predict what they are going to find using maths and then discover it. all rather lucky dont you th ...[text shortened]... d everyday run of the mill christians can shoot them down from the comfort of their lazy-boys.
Why do think it odd the math fits? I never questioned the math, the math could
be good; however, that does not mean what they think is true reflects reality,
it only means the math is good.
KJ

Moves
03 Apr 13

Originally posted by KellyJay
Why do think it odd the math fits? I never questioned the math, the math could
be good; however, that does not mean what they think is true reflects reality,
it only means the math is good.
KJ
all science is ultimately based on maths, when the sums add up you know you are on the right track. any study like aging the moon by looking at craters or looking at ice rings is done using maths, if there were unknown variables effecting the results the maths wouldnt add up, the effects of the variables would be visible in the numbers.

science isnt a huge club full of friends patting each other on the back, its a bunch of people competing against each other, trying to prove each other wrong, trying to make a name or win funding. if there was a problem with the science behind the aging of the moon or ice samples there would be a clamor of top scientists fighting to prove it wrong. when something is considered a fact by the whole of the scientific world, it tells you something. but as always this point and logic in general is wasted on you as anything that conflicts with your religion is poo-pooed and dismissed before you have even read it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Apr 13

so you have zero examples scientific facts that outside of the ones that conflict with your religious views.

in that case can you give me any examples of science using guess work to reach their conclusions other than the times it conflicts with your religious views?
I just did with my example of using pills to reduce symptoms. I was given Naproxen for pain and the side effects was that my kidneys shut down and it almost killed me. I had to be on dialysis for a period of time until one of my kidneys was able to recover. That is an example of scientific guesswork that is done regularly.

Moves
03 Apr 13

I just did with my example of using pills to reduce symptoms. I was given Naproxen for pain and the side effects was that my kidneys shut down and it almost killed me. I had to be on dialysis for a period of time until one of my kidneys was able to recover. That is an example of scientific guesswork that is done regularly.
it wasnt an example of science getting it wrong. the doctors would be aware that there is a chance of the pill having side effects. the fact that you suffered the side effects doenst make the science behind the pill wrong.

you are still yet to think of anything that science has wrong other than when it conflicts with your religion, is it just a strange coincidence?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
03 Apr 13

I was given Naproxen for pain and the side effects was that my kidneys shut down and it almost killed me.
Why take Naproxen when you can just pray?

Why did god give you a pain and what right have you to interfere in his work?

Perhaps someone was praying for you to shut-up and this was the side-effect?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Apr 13

all science is ultimately based on maths, when the sums add up you know you are on the right track. any study like aging the moon by looking at craters or looking at ice rings is done using maths, if there were unknown variables effecting the results the maths wouldnt add up, the effects of the variables would be visible in the numbers.

science isnt ...[text shortened]... thing that conflicts with your religion is poo-pooed and dismissed before you have even read it.
I've gone over this here a number of times, saying it is true just on the math is
like seeing a car on the highway doing 70 mph, and telling me due to the math
that car was 70 miles away from where we saw it an hour ago. Getting the
math right only means you have the math right.
Kelly