Trust: given or earned?

Trust: given or earned?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Jul 20
1 edit

@kegge said
Count your downvotes and guess how many are because people disagree with what you write or because of your consistent atrocious behaviour on these forums which, perhaps, makes people think the same as I do: that you're a horrible person.
If you have seen “atrocious” behaviour by FMF you really should call it out specifically and pointedly AND alert the moderation team who I’m sure will take you very seriously given your impeccable posting record here.

F

Moves
22 Jul 20

@kegge said
Absolutely! I, however, never complained about others doing the same. Our resident hypocrite DG does, repeatedly. You surely see the difference?
Hazarding a guess about someone else's view is one thing. Bog standard conversation. Normal message board stuff. But trying to preemptively shield someone from a difficult question, that's something else, and well worth drawing attention to.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Jul 20

@kegge said
Snicker. Of course you don't.
If you don’t want to explain, or can’t explain, what it is that you see as me being hypocritical and prefer instead to hide behind casual intellectual laziness such as this last post by you, then that is your prerogative.

F

Moves
22 Jul 20

@kegge said
Count your downvotes and guess how many are because people disagree with what you write or because of your consistent atrocious behaviour on these forums which, perhaps, makes people think the same as I do: that you're a horrible person.
What should I do? [Aside from count the Thumbs Down]

What should I do about the "consistent atrocious behaviour" while still posting content and conducting myself in a way that is true to myself?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
22 Jul 20

@neilarini said
What says the bible?

Aren't you supposed to be a Christian?
The lack of trust thing is indeed a peculiarity. He has also in the past denied the existence of altruism, something I found odd for a Christian to say. (Believing as I did that living an altruistic life was part and parcel of the Christian life). Anyway, inspired the following micro fiction. I call it:

Dive…I mean Dave

Dave simply didn’t believe true altruism existed, that every example of apparent selfless action for the benefit of others was, in reality, a load of old codswallop. Even when a person rushed to aid an elderly woman who’d taken a tumble, part of them did so for self-serving reasons, to feel good about themselves perhaps, have a prideful swagger. It was only when Dave, a humble Christian, went to church that another member of the congregation was aghast at his reasoning. “But Dave,” he whispered. “Jesus was the living embodiment of altruism, atoning for our sins with his own sacrifice.”

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
22 Jul 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
The lack of trust thing is indeed a peculiarity. He has also in the past denied the existence of altruism, something I found odd for a Christian to say. (Believing as I did that living an altruistic life was part and parcel of the Christian life). Anyway, inspired the following micro fiction. I call it:

Dive…I mean Dave

Dave simply didn’t believe true altruism ...[text shortened]... ispered. “Jesus was the living embodiment of altruism, atoning for our sins with his own sacrifice.”
Wait, found a more satisfying ending:

Dave simply didn’t believe true altruism existed, that every example of an apparent selfless act was, in reality, a load of old codswallop. Even when someone rushed to aid an elderly woman who’d taken a tumble, part of them did so for self-serving reasons, to feel good about themselves perhaps, have a prideful swagger. It was only when Dave went to church that another member of the congregation was aghast at his reasoning. “But Dave,” he whispered. “Jesus was the living embodiment of altruism, atoning for our sins with his sacrifice.” Feeling rather silly, Dave offered him a lemon sherbet.

S. Korea

Moves
22 Jul 20

The post that was quoted here has been removed
If these people actually are alcoholics, you should probably sympathize with their plight and wish them well, and not spend your time counting all of the slights they have given you & referring to them derogatorily.

What's it to you if I like their posts?

You shouldn't be so jealous.

I really appreciate your posts, too, FMF. 😍

S. Korea

Moves
22 Jul 20

@fmf said
But it makes you a complete and utter hypocrite especially when you drone on and on and on about "forum standards".
it would depend, on some degree, as to who I view to be the instigators of bad behavior.

For instance, I know how you treat me: you keep bringing up the fact that I have liked posters that you find objectionable, and bring up the name Romans as frequently as possible even though he has not posted here in, what? Two years?

It seems like you're just looking for a fight.

S. Korea

Moves
22 Jul 20

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Jul 20

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Morning and I totally agree. This is a spirituality forum but one wouldn't know it by looking at the discussions at times.
It's so common in most threads to turn into a yelling fest and I'm guilty too. This is not me but when this attitude dominates every single topic discussed here it rubs off on everyone. It has to stop but I don't think it will.....

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Jul 20

@galveston75 said
This is a spirituality forum but one wouldn't know it by looking at the discussions at times.It's so common in most threads to turn into a yelling fest and I'm guilty too. This is not me but when this attitude dominates every single topic discussed here it rubs off on everyone. It has to stop but I don't think it will.....
You could always flounce off in another hissy fit.

Alternatively you could reply the on topic questions I’ve put to you in great detail in your blood thread and which you have been ignoring.

So much for you wanting healthy debate!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Jul 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said

Dive…I mean Dave

Dave simply didn’t believe true altruism ...[text shortened]... ispered. “Jesus was the living embodiment of altruism, atoning for our sins with his own sacrifice.”
It’s almost as though you thought neilarini was actually coming back to this thread and you weren’t making a sideways sermon at me...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Jul 20

@divegeester said
You could always flounce off in another hissy fit.

Alternatively you could reply the on topic questions I’ve put to you in great detail in your blood thread and which you have been ignoring.

So much for you wanting healthy debate!
I have made it very clear to you that I do not want to discuss anything with you, period. If you keep following me where ever I may be posting, that is harassment. I would strongly suggest you stop following me and post your comments else where. Are you able to understand that request?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Jul 20
1 edit

@galveston75 said
I have made it very clear to you that I do not want to discuss anything with you, period. If you keep following me where ever I may be posting, that is harassment. I would strongly suggest you stop following me and post your comments else where. Are you able to understand that request?
I’m not following you; this my thread, you pompous thin-skinned pillock.

And my point is valid; I’ve made a concerted effort to engage your topic in your thread but you are too much of a religious coward to respond.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
22 Jul 20

@divegeester said
It’s almost as though you thought neilarini was actually coming back to this thread and you weren’t making a sideways sermon at me...
A sideways sermon from an atheist, especially when bang on the money, would be a terrible thing indeed.