Trinity described online. Feel free to give this a try...

Trinity described online. Feel free to give this a try...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Dec 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I'd have thought coming to terms with those darker passages would have preceded the acceptance of God. (Rather than being an after thought.)
I don’t see anything that God did as anything outside of His right to do. This isn’t true of people but God.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
29 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
May take more than that, but within 48 for sure
How’s it going?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Dec 21

@divegeester said
How’s it going?
Haven’t started but will probably check out some commentaries in the AM

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
29 Dec 21
2 edits

@pb1022 said
Christians take Jesus Christ at His Word (at least I do.)
For sure, love and understanding fairly ooze from your posts...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Dec 21

@avalanchethecat said
For sure, love and understanding fairly ooze from your posts...
Read Matthew chapter 23

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
29 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
Read Matthew chapter 23
Ha ha, you think this justifies your odious trolling? You think this one chapter gives you carte blanche to behave however you please and call it christian? Maybe you need to re-read the Gospels, I don't think you've quite understood your messiah's teachings yet.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Dec 21

@avalanchethecat said
Ha ha, you think this justifies your odious trolling? You think this one chapter gives you carte blanche to behave however you please and call it christian? Maybe you need to re-read the Gospels, I don't think you've quite understood your messiah's teachings yet.
I’m responding in kind to people who get personal and troll after losing an argument. But yeah, I should ignore it and them

👋

Moves
29 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
I’m responding in kind to people who get personal and troll after losing an argument. But yeah, I should ignore it and them

👋
That doesn't work. When you trolled me relentlessly about personal information I had shared I ignored you completely for 3 months. Despite this, you replied to my posts on a daily basis (often many times a day) to make snide remarks about my studies or work in mental health. Do you deny this? Do you think the people here don't remember?

I was happy to move on, but every time you accuse others of personal trolling you make yourself a hypocritical target.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
29 Dec 21

@pb1022 said

👋
You're absolutely not responding in kind. You have started acrimonious disagreements with at least three people in the last week based solely on your own negative posting behaviour. Then, once you've got a rise out of somebody, you resort to unfounded accusations and insult. This is clearly trolling, and I suspect that you're probably quite close to or already contravening the terms and conditions for posting here.

You should try to consider debating here less in the frame of 'winning' or 'losing' and more as a frank and honest exchange of views. Nobody's views here are incontrovertibly 'right' and nobody here is 'wrong', with the possible exception of rookie54.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Dec 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
That doesn't work. When you trolled me relentlessly about personal information I had shared I ignored you completely for 3 months. Despite this, you replied to my posts on a daily basis (often many times a day) to make snide remarks about my studies or work in mental health. Do you deny this? Do you think the people here don't remember?

I was happy to move on, but every time you accuse others of personal trolling you make yourself a hypocritical target.
Ah, yeah, actually it does work.

When I initially joined this site, I was relentlessly trolled by you, dive, FMF (and probably one or two others) who accused me of being a sock puppet account and a returning user (you yourself thought I was Becker and falsely said that repeatedly) and I got fed up with it.

Apparently you and others were offended I joined substantive forum debates within minutes of joining this site and thought that meant I had to have been here before, when the truth is, Christ deniers are the same all over the Internet and post the same stuff.

What doesn’t work is your and others’ claim to be perfectly innocent and wholesome when I suddenly started attacking and trolling you out of the blue. That’s not what happened and you know it.

If you and your pals want to troll people in dog pile fashion, don’t be surprised when a few don’t roll over and cover their genitals.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Dec 21

@avalanchethecat said
You're absolutely not responding in kind. You have started acrimonious disagreements with at least three people in the last week based solely on your own negative posting behaviour. Then, once you've got a rise out of somebody, you resort to unfounded accusations and insult. This is clearly trolling, and I suspect that you're probably quite close to or already contrav ...[text shortened]... re are incontrovertibly 'right' and nobody here is 'wrong', with the possible exception of rookie54.
You and I were having a great and substantive discussion a few weeks ago until I asked you for evidence of macroevolution. Then you started getting nasty and personal.

But that’s how every evolutionist acts when asked for evidence of macroevolution - they get nasty and personal and try to change the subject to creationism.

That was the beginning of our current acrimonious relationship.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
29 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
You and I were having a great and substantive discussion a few weeks ago until I asked you for evidence of macroevolution. Then you started getting nasty and personal.

But that’s how every evolutionist acts when asked for evidence of macroevolution - they get nasty and personal and try to change the subject to creationism.

That was the beginning of our current acrimonious relationship.
The debate is still there, nobody got 'nasty' and 'personal' until you decided to tell me I was lying when I told somebody else that I had read the Gospels and studied the Bible. THAT was the start of our 'acrimonious relationship'.

You are again misrepresenting the truth, because that is what you do, and you do it solely to try to encourage dissent and hostility, because you are a troll.

You use the term 'evolutionist' and think that describes a person's character. It doesn't. You will find that a great many devout christians are quite happy to accept evolution, simply because it's the best theory to explain the ample fossil record that is there for anybody to see. You use the term 'macroevolution' to attempt to distinguish the development of species from the easily observable process of evolution, but you have no alternative theory to offer. You have never attempted to discuss this, you simply resorted immediately to insult and misdirection, in typical troll fashion. Go back and read it. There was never a point where you and I were having a 'great and substantive' discussion.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Dec 21

@avalanchethecat said
The debate is still there, nobody got 'nasty' and 'personal' until you decided to tell me I was lying when I told somebody else that I had read the Gospels and studied the Bible. THAT was the start of our 'acrimonious relationship'.

You are again misrepresenting the truth, because that is what you do, and you do it solely to try to encourage dissent and hostility, ...[text shortened]... d read it. There was never a point where you and I were having a 'great and substantive' discussion.
Obviously we don’t see our past conversation the same way nor do we see the reason for our current acrimony the same way.

But I’m happy to leave it at that.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
29 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
Obviously we don’t see our past conversation the same way nor do we see the reason for our current acrimony the same way.

But I’m happy to leave it at that.
You called me a liar without grounds. You justify that or you apologise and retract and I'm perfectly happy to leave it at that.

F

Moves
29 Dec 21

@avalanchethecat said
You called me a liar without grounds. You justify that or you apologise and retract and I'm perfectly happy to leave it at that.
Did he call you a "liar" or a "pathological liar"?