Trinity described online. Feel free to give this a try...

Trinity described online. Feel free to give this a try...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Dec 21

@avalanchethecat said
You called me a liar without grounds. You justify that or you apologise and retract and I'm perfectly happy to leave it at that.
I have justified it.

If you don’t like the justification or don’t agree with it, feel free to ignore me.

No one in their right mind reads the Gospels “a whole bunch of times” after becoming an atheist (as you claimed) especially when they can only tolerate reading them in small quantities (as you also said.)

No one in their right mind believes you read the Gospels “a whole bunch of times” after becoming an atheist. The claim is absolutely ridiculous.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Dec 21

@fmf said
Did he call you a "liar" or a "pathological liar"?
More substantive debating?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
29 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
I have justified it.

If you don’t like the justification or don’t agree with it, feel free to ignore me.

No one in their right mind reads the Gospels “a whole bunch of times” after becoming an atheist (as you claimed) especially when they can only tolerate reading them in small quantities (as you also said.)

No one in their right mind believes you read the Gospels “a whole bunch of times” after becoming an atheist. The claim is absolutely ridiculous.
Again!

I read the Gospels because I value the teachings ascribed to Jesus and I used to like to discuss them with my Father-in-Law who was a Lay Preacher for the Church of England before he died. I read them every year or so, I have done for, I suspect, longer than you've been alive. You have, I think, rather limited experience of people if you think no atheist reads the Gospels or values the teachings of your Messiah. You should refrain from judging others by your own, demonstrably low standards.

You are a troll with a veneer of Christianity, and it's not a very thick one. You are worthy of ridicule.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Dec 21

@avalanchethecat said
Again!

I read the Gospels because I value the teachings ascribed to Jesus and I used to like to discuss them with my Father-in-Law who was a Lay Preacher for the Church of England before he died. I read them every year or so, I have done for, I suspect, longer than you've been alive. You have, I think, rather limited experience of people if you think no atheist rea ...[text shortened]... re a troll with a veneer of Christianity, and it's not a very thick one. You are worthy of ridicule.
<<You are a troll with a veneer of Christianity, and it's not a very thick one. You are worthy of ridicule.>>

Yes, I can tell you value the teachings of my Messiah.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
29 Dec 21
1 edit

@pb1022 said
<<You are a troll with a veneer of Christianity, and it's not a very thick one. You are worthy of ridicule.>>

Yes, I can tell you value the teachings of my Messiah.
As if you would know! Which is your favourite of the Gospels? And why?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
29 Dec 21

@fmf said
Did he call you a "liar" or a "pathological liar"?
Oh, both!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
As if you would know! Which is your favourite of the Gospels? And why?
Gospel of John because (imo) it’s much more about the deity of Jesus Christ than the other three.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Jan 22

Here, in psalm 100, written 1,000 years before Jesus Christ’s earthly ministry, He is referred to as “God.”

“Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.”

(Psalm 100:3)

Lines up with…

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.”

(John 1:1-3)

“He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not.”

(John 1:10-11)

“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”

(John 1:14)

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
13 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Gospel of John because (imo) it’s much more about the deity of Jesus Christ than the other three.
Two weeks to respond... is that how long it took you to read John?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
Two weeks to respond... is that how long it took you to read John?
Not at all, cap’n. I missed your post (wish I could say that about all of your posts 😉) and took a break from the hate as well.

Still reading texts you don’t believe in and can only stomach in small quantities at a time? 😉

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
13 Jan 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
Not at all, cap’n. I missed your post (wish I could say that about all of your posts 😉) and took a break from the hate as well.

Still reading texts you don’t believe in and can only stomach in small quantities at a time? 😉
I thought you took a break after your weird posting spree in Debates. (A series of posts you have now removed).

Edit: Yes, I see everything.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
13 Jan 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said

If you read more, you will find that your reading speed will increase along with your comprehension skills. Then you might have a stab at some of the more up-to-date texts on evolution.

Do stop winking, it makes you look like a pervert.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I thought you took a break after your weird posting spree in Debates. (A series of posts you have now removed).

Would you be surprised to know I suspect you and avalanchethecat are the same person?

It happened a couple of months ago when I called you “champ” and avalanchethecat responded objecting to that nickname.

Then I recalled your affinity for cats and that only reinforced my suspicion.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
13 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said

I am fecking outraged if you're me Ghost. Why am the you-me so much better at chess than the me-me? What am I not telling me?

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
13 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Would you be surprised to know I suspect you and avalanchethecat are the same person?

It happened a couple of months ago when I called you “champ” and avalanchethecat responded objecting to that nickname.

Then I recalled your affinity for cats and that only reinforced my suspicion.
Good luck with that theory.