Trinity described online. Feel free to give this a try...

Trinity described online. Feel free to give this a try...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
28 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
I said “injured” is an interpretation you cannot dispute. Mauling does not mean killing.

And you’ve got nothing on the other points?

If the young adults ran away, how did the bears manage to maul 42 of them?
Perhaps the young adults had a more advanced morality than the God who sent the bears to maul them and stayed to defend each other from the barbaric attack.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Dec 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Perhaps the young adults had a more advanced morality than the God who sent the bears to maul them and stayed to defend each other from the barbaric attack.
Or perhaps they didn’t.

My point is, you don’t know and neither do I.

I posted an interpretation of that passage that you can’t dispute. Is my interpretation completely favorable toward God? Yes. But you can’t dispute it.

And your interpretation is completely unfavorable.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
28 Dec 21
1 edit

@pb1022 said
I said “injured” is an interpretation you cannot dispute. Mauling does not mean killing.
In Leviticus 21:9 we find, "The daughter of any priest, if she profanes herself by playing the harlot, she profanes her father. She shall be burned with fire."

Are you similarly going to play down the punishment and say burned doesn't necessarily mean burnt to death?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Dec 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
In Leviticus 21:9 with find, "The daughter of any priest, if she profanes herself by playing the harlot, she profanes her father. She shall be burned with fire."

Are you similarly going to play down the punishment and say burned doesn't necessarily mean burnt to death?
I’d have to look at that passage and get back to you; the same way I did with the bears.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
28 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
I’d have to look at that passage and get back to you; the same way I did with the bears.
You have 24 hours.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Dec 21

I’m often surprised at how some Christians have a less than adequate familiarity with the moral controversies of the OT.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Dec 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You have 24 hours.
May take more than that, but within 48 for sure

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Dec 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You have 24 hours.
Generous.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Dec 21

Moral controversies of the OT basically are controversies, imo, because people look at the passages without realizing how wicked, evil and depraved man was back then. Sacrificing children to false gods is only one of the morally reprehensible things man was doing.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
28 Dec 21

@divegeester said
I’m often surprised at how some Christians have a less than adequate familiarity with the moral controversies of the OT.
I'd have thought coming to terms with those darker passages would have preceded the acceptance of God. (Rather than being an after thought.)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Dec 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I'd have thought coming to terms with those darker passages would have preceded the acceptance of God. (Rather than being an after thought.)
Christians take Jesus Christ at His Word (at least I do.)

“Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.”

(John 14:9-11)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Dec 21
1 edit

@Kevin-Eleven

C.S. Lewis was full of bad analogies and attempts at logic.

Um, we've seen some of yours here.
And your logics.

You could have taught the Oxford prof. a thing or two Kevin?

Moves
28 Dec 21

@sonship said
@Kevin-Eleven

C.S. Lewis was full of bad analogies and attempts at logic.

Um, we've seen some of yours here.
And your logics.

You could have taught the Oxford prof. a thing or two Kevin?
Is that the copy-pasted Christ writing in that post, or @sonship?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Dec 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
It's as if the whole nature/nurture thing has completely passed you by.
If we are the source what would it matter how we reach our morality, it is our morality, unless you want say there is some rule book, which then means we don’t get to make it up as we see fit. What if some hate nature and nurture because it reminds them of religion and they want survival of the fittest and the stronger such br able to take what they can. It seems to be the path of those that dislike law and order.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Dec 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Not for me.