Trinity described online. Feel free to give this a try...

Trinity described online. Feel free to give this a try...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
<<Getting saved is not something anyone gets by repeating a few words.>>

Nobody believes that, and the fact you think you have to tell me that is insulting.

And we’ve been over the Resurrection before. Jesus Christ was Resurrected in bodily form (not flesh and blood) and ascended to Heaven in bodily form (not flesh and blood.)

I gave you the verses that demonstrated t ...[text shortened]... d.

That’s why Jesus on the cross said, “Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit:” (Luke 23:46)
You asked me questions and I answered them. If you think I was insulting you then I'm sorry but you asked questions and I answered them. Take it or leave it..............

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Dec 21

@fmf said
Presumably, you will have some empathy then for homosexuals in Russia who are also oppressed and discriminated against by the government there.
Well of course you pop up. No interest at all in discussing anything with you. Sorry.

F

Moves
27 Dec 21

@galveston75 said
Well of course you pop up. No interest at all in discussing anything with you. Sorry.
You mentioned the Russian government oppressing people. It's terrible that they do that to JWs.

Moves
27 Dec 21

@divegeester said
It you're not “Christians” are you, you’re Jehovians, as in Jehovah’s Witnesses, right?

Christians and witnesses for Christ, you’re witnesses for Jehovah.
No comment Galveston75?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Dec 21

@galveston75 said
You asked me questions and I answered them. If you think I was insulting you then I'm sorry but you asked questions and I answered them. Take it or leave it..............
Not surprised you avoided the other questions ‘cause they blow your false doctrine out of the water.

Moves
27 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
Here’s the passage you’re referring to in the NKJV:

“Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!”

So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the Lord. And two female bears came out of the woods an ...[text shortened]... ived, because they would undoubtedly tell others in that city what happened when they mocked Elisha.
But the youths were young adults. They were a mob. They prompted the attack. It set an example. etc etc etc.

But are you cool, personally, with your God sending bears to maul people, even if they were unruly young adults? Is that the God you worship? Do you not see how that degrades every utterance Jesus made, how it gives your cupcake a soggy bottom?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Dec 21

@divegeester said
No comment Galveston75?
Nope....

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Dec 21
1 edit

@pb1022 said
Not surprised you avoided the other questions ‘cause they blow your false doctrine out of the water.
Whatever.... The point here is with every one I've ever discussed this with that believes in the trinity and who claims their saved, first never makes sense in describing the mystery of the trinity, ever, and never really agrees with others that believe it and when it comes to being saved, a clear and obnoxious attitude of arrogance eventually comes to the surface.
Not a Christian attitude at all.............

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Dec 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
But the youths were young adults. They were a mob. They prompted the attack. It set an example. etc etc etc.

But are you cool, personally, with your God sending bears to maul people, even if they were unruly young adults? Is that the God you worship? Do you not see how that degrades every utterance Jesus made, how it gives your cupcake a soggy bottom?
I wasn’t there (and neither were you.)

If they were unruly and threatening Elisha, as it appears from their words, then, yeah, I’m totally Ok with God sending bears to maul them to protect one of His prophets.

You don’t know the mob’s intent, whether it was violence or not. I could easily see that situation escalating to violence if Elisha did not do as the mob wanted.

And I’m not a big fan of cupcake bottoms. I like the frosting.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Dec 21

@galveston75 said
Whatever.... The point here is with every one I've ever discussed this with that believes in the trinity and who claims their saved, first never makes sense in describing the mystery of the trinity, ever, and never really agrees with others that believe it and when it comes to being saved, a clear and obnoxious attitude of arrogance eventually comes to the surface.
Not a Christian attitude at all.............
Well, when someone repeats points that have been refuted, refuses to address other points that expose their doctrine as false and then makes assertions no one believes and by inference ascribes that ridiculous assertion to another poster, don’t be surprised if you’re not treated with kid gloves.

The Trinity is not as hard to understand as you claim, but your apparent belief that the human mind must be able to grasp and comprehend everything about an eternal, omniscient and omnipresent God that exists in another realm is pretty ridiculous, don’t you think?

Moves
27 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
I wasn’t there (and neither were you.)

If they were unruly and threatening Elisha, as it appears from their words, then, yeah, I’m totally Ok with God sending bears to maul them to protect one of His prophets.

You don’t know the mob’s intent, whether it was violence or not. I could easily see that situation escalating to violence if Elisha did not do as the mob wanted.

And I’m not a big fan of cupcake bottoms. I like the frosting.
Perhaps that's what separates the atheist from the theist? I don't need to be there to condemn such an atrocity.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Dec 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Perhaps that's what separates the atheist from the theist? I don't need to be there to condemn such an atrocity.
You don’t have all the facts.

Was the mob on the verge of violence?

Did Elisha fear for his life or safety?

How bad a mauling did the bears give?

These are questions neither you nor I know the answers to.

Moves
27 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
You don’t have all the facts.

Was the mob on the verge of violence?

Did Elisha fear for his life or safety?

How bad a mauling did the bears give?

These are questions neither you nor I know the answers to.
I have all the facts I need:

Bears
youths
Mauling
Sent by God

Moves
27 Dec 21

@galveston75 said
Nope....
Thought not 🙂

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
Well, when someone repeats points that have been refuted, refuses to address other points that expose their doctrine as false and then makes assertions no one believes and by inference ascribes that ridiculous assertion to another poster, don’t be surprised if you’re not treated with kid gloves.

The Trinity is not as hard to understand as you claim, but your apparent belief ...[text shortened]... , omniscient and omnipresent God that exists in another realm is pretty ridiculous, don’t you think?
Where did I ever say that we are supposed to grasp everything about God? Now your putting words out there that I never said. Why is that?
But the clear teachings of the bible are exactly that, clear. Many things we are to know exactly by what is said in the Bible.

2 Timothy 3:16, 17 says:
16 "All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be ((((((( fully competent, completely equipped)))))) for every good work."

So if one follows Jesus's command to teach all that he taught us, you need to know exactly what your teaching. Make any sense to you?
If you and other trinity folks believe in some mysterious spirit being, that's your problem. If your ok with that mess then it's all yours.