Trinity described online. Feel free to give this a try...

Trinity described online. Feel free to give this a try...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Dec 21

@divegeester said
Lots of Christians reject the trinity doctrine, I’m one of them.

The truth you need to address more directly is that Jesus Christ was the invisible God made visible, the spirt of Jehovah made flesh, wrapped in a veil of flesh, the exact representation of his being who told Philip “why do you say ‘show us the Father’ (I.e. Jehovah) when I have been with you all this ti ...[text shortened]... erly ridiculous, risible to anyone brought up in the faith outside of the dogma driven institutions.
Hebrews 1

But of the Son he says,

“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever,
the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
therefore God, your God, has anointed you
with the oil of gladness beyond your companions.”

Moves
26 Dec 21

@kellyjay said
Hebrews 1

But of the Son he says,

I've noticed that a lot of Christianity and other religions depends on people being lulled and enchanted, perhaps even mesmerized by such poetry.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Dec 21

@divegeester said
Lots of Christians reject the trinity doctrine, I’m one of them.

The truth you need to address more directly is that Jesus Christ was the invisible God made visible, the spirt of Jehovah made flesh, wrapped in a veil of flesh, the exact representation of his being who told Philip “why do you say ‘show us the Father’ (I.e. Jehovah) when I have been with you all this ti ...[text shortened]... erly ridiculous, risible to anyone brought up in the faith outside of the dogma driven institutions.
So who raised Jesus Christ from the dead?

Who was Jesus praying to?

Who indwells a new believer?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Dec 21
2 edits

@PB1022

I don't think Galveston understands the indwelling spoken of in the Bible.

But he loves the concept of an objective Old Testament mostly God.
Because the students of JW do cherish Jehovah of the Old Testament they have to dumb down to their level everything in the New Testament to STAY there with an objective, outward, up there, King Jehovah God who will rule everyone only outwardly.

You'll find JWs frequently laying hold of Ecclesiastes or Proverbs to shoe horn any New Testament revelation into the Old Testament framework.

Indwelling? There is no indwelling to them. That is delusional. That is to be blamed on Babylonian religion. Why the soul is just the same as the body or the physical blood.

And forget about the human spirit in JW understanding of man.
Forget about God the Holy Spirit indwelling those whom Christ has redeemed.
This does not exist in their thought.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Dec 21

@sonship said
@PB1022

Because the students of JW do cherish Jehovah of the Old Testament they have to dumb down to their level everything in the New Testament to STAY there with an objective ...[text shortened]... d the Holy Spirit indwelling those whom Christ has redeemed.
That post I responded to was not written by a JW, unless I’m mistaken.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Dec 21

@sonship said
@PB1022

Because the students of JW do cherish Jehovah of the Old Testament they have to dumb down to their level everything in the New Testament to STAY there with an objective ...[text shortened]... d the Holy Spirit indwelling those whom Christ has redeemed.
It’d be interesting, though, to hear from JWs and others who reject the Trinity what in their minds defines a Christian.

I’m not saying (necessarily) you have to believe in the Trinity to be a Christian, but I’m curious what JWs and others who deny the Trinity think makes one a Christian.

Moves
26 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
It’d be interesting, though, to hear from JWs and others who reject the Trinity what in their minds defines a Christian.
How about the Trinity sonship believes in?

“The traditional explanation of the Trinity is grossly inadequate and borders on tritheism. When the Spirit of God is joined with us, God is not left behind, nor does Christ remain on the throne. This is the impression Christianity gives. They think of the Father as one Person, sending the Son, another Person, to accomplish redemption, after which the Son sends the Spirit, yet another Person. The Spirit, in traditional thinking, comes into the believers, while the Father and Son are left on the throne. When believers pray, they are taught to bow before the Father and pray in the name of the Son. To split the Godhead into these separate Persons is not the revelation of the Bible, but the doctrine of the Nicene Creed”

Witness Lee, Life Messages
(Anaheim: Living Stream Ministry, 1979), p. 164

You cool with that?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Dec 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
How about the Trinity sonship believes in?

“The traditional explanation of the Trinity is grossly inadequate and borders on tritheism. When the Spirit of God is joined with us, God is not left behind, nor does Christ remain on the throne. This is the impression Christianity gives. They think of the Father as one Person, sending the Son, another Person, to accomplis ...[text shortened]... Witness Lee, Life Messages
(Anaheim: Living Stream Ministry, 1979), p. 164

You cool with that?
Why are you so concerned with what I think?

That passage you quoted sounds remarkably similar to what dive believes. Makes me wonder why he and sonship aren’t on the same page.

But since you asked, I don’t agree with the paragraph you quoted. I guess you could say I’m cool with it in the sense people can believe what they want to believe.

Moves
26 Dec 21

@kellyjay said
Hebrews 1

But of the Son he says,

That’s a lovely scripture, a non sequitur, but a lovely scripture nonetheless.

Moves
26 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
Why are you so concerned with what I think?

That passage you quoted sounds remarkably similar to what dive believes. Makes me wonder why he and sonship aren’t on the same page.

But since you asked, I don’t agree with the paragraph you quoted. I guess you could say I’m cool with it in the sense people can believe what they want to believe.
Then why do you regularly challenge the beliefs of JWs but not Sonship's?

And the paragraph I quoted comes from Witness Lee, the beliefs of which are shared (copied and pasted) by sonship.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Dec 21

@pb1022 said

I’m not saying (necessarily) you have to believe in the Trinity to be a Christian, but I’m curious what JWs and others who deny the Trinity think makes one a Christian.
I will reply to this later........

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Dec 21

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Then why do you regularly challenge the beliefs of JWs but not Sonship's?

And the paragraph I quoted comes from Witness Lee, the beliefs of which are shared (copied and pasted) by sonship.
I think I answered this already.

Sonship posts so often and his posts are so long, that it’s hard to read them all or even a significant majority of them.

But I asked him a few questions to clarify (in my mind) what he believes and he said he’d get back to me so I’ll just wait on that.

But why do you, as an atheist, defend/promote those who deny the deity of Jesus Christ?

I mean to you, this is all like arguing about the size of fire-breathing dragons, isn’t it?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Dec 21

@galveston75 said
I will reply to this later........
Okey dokey

Moves
26 Dec 21

@pb1022 said
I think I answered this already.

Sonship posts so often and his posts are so long, that it’s hard to read them all or even a significant majority of them.

But I asked him a few questions to clarify (in my mind) what he believes and he said he’d get back to me so I’ll just wait on that.

But why do you, as an atheist, defend/promote those who deny the deity of Jesus Christ?

I mean to you, this is all like arguing about the size of fire-breathing dragons, isn’t it?
Good luck with that. Sonship has said he will get back to me on at least 10 issues I have raised. That's his MO.

A bit like when you said you'd get back to me once you've familiarized yourself with the killer bears. How's that coming along?

And I neither defend nor promote the beliefs of JWs. I have highlighted the hypocrisy of Sonship calling them the enemy of Christ when he himself promotes a corrupted version of Christianity that is intent on muscling its way into the Trinity, becoming a 4 in 1 God.

Moves
26 Dec 21

@pb1022 said

It's more interesting to ask, why does an atheist challenge sonship's deliberate corruption of scripture, while other Christians stay silent?